Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months out & baby crazy!

I have lost 60lbs and am 3 months out. I look and feel great but have become so baby crazy!! I know docs say to wait but all my tests come back great, I can eat almost anything (I took a few bites of pizza because I was curious), and I'm feeling great! Idk what's your thoughts/opinions? Obviously most of you will say wait but I'd like to know the pros and cons for those of you who have gotten prego before 12 months.

My doc said absolutely not for the first year post op. Gotta keep health in mind!

The biggest thing to keep in mind is that while you might be able to eat almost anything, it's the quantity that you are still limited by. (So can you eat enough of your nutrients in order to grow a healthy baby?) A year out, and you will be able to eat larger servings of healthy (and not healthy) foods. Granted, I can still only eat about a cup of solid food at any meal and my year anniversary was July 24, 2013.

Yes I can eat a decent amount. I don't eat a lot at one time but I can eat multiple times throughout the day. I was told if I hit goal weight I could try at 6 months. I guess it would be good to lose more lol.

When I read post on here from this site and various others, I recall seeing several people discussing their pregnancies and how it affected their weight loss. Most, actually, all, were complaining of putting weight on that they were having a hard time losing. You have barely given yourself time to adjust!! There are some uncertainties that could come from doing this too early that I wonder if the risk are worth it? Even if you got the all clear light from your Dr. at 6 months, I would try to adapt more to this lifestyle before you make a major life change. I could be way off base here but what if being baby crazy is a new fix since being food crazy isn't an option anymore??

I became pregnant just over a year. I love my son! But wish he would have came along a little later so that I was closer to goal and In the maintenance period

Not to mention I had a hard time with staying hydrated during pregnancy. I went into labor early from being dehydrated

Don't forget that life changes with a baby... No more time for yourself or doing what you need to do for you. It will take your focus away. I'm not saying don't get pregnant.. But why did you have surgery?

I have to agree with the others, wait until your doctor says it is OK. I am in a support group with a lady who had RnY. She has quite a bit to lose, probably close to 200#. She got pregnant within a few months and continued to lose and had a beautiful healthy baby but by 15 months had a pretty small baby and still quite a bit to go. Now 8 months later she is pregnant again and still has a good amount of weight to lose. You need to remember the honeymoon period, that period of time that you are so much more likely to get to that goal. Use this time, make your goals, soon enough you will hold that precious baby in your arms and it will have all been worth it.

I actually had the surgery so we could have children. I didn't have PCOS but since I was so overweight I lost a baby. So I was advised to lose weight and surgery was suggested to me by my Endo and gyno. I did not have any other health issues presurgery other than being 100lbs over weight. That's part of the reason why I am so goo goo I suppose.

I agree .. The honeymoon period is sooooo important. Take advantage and lose! I'm 3 plus years and have about 40 to lose for my ultimate goal. It's harder now then in my honeymoon period

You'll thank us later. :-) you have time and it will be healthier for you and the baby if you weight

Two words......Carnie Wilson. ????