Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apple Shaped Ladies: Holla Back!

I guess I am apple shaped, as I look skinny from the his down (for the most part anyway, I started putting weight on there the last year or so) I have been loosing mostly from my waist and chest/shoulder area and my face. Not much has changed from my FOPA pouch, and I am coming to terms with probably having to get plastics to remove that. No good pictures yet and I'm only 35 down from my first consult weight. I'll try and upday as soon as I have pics.

Good luck Lyn, you seem like you're doing great, 50lbs is awesome!!! Also, awesome that you're an OB nurse, I am going to nursing school next year and eventually plan for my masters in midwifery!

<p>I guess I am apple shaped, as I look skinny from the his down (for the most part anyway, I started putting weight on there the last year or so) I have been loosing mostly from my waist and chest/shoulder area and my face. Not much has changed from my FOPA pouch, and I am coming to terms with probably having to get plastics to remove that. No good pictures yet and I'm only 35 down from my first consult weight. I'll try and upday as soon as I have pics.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Good luck Lyn, you seem like you're doing great, 50lbs is awesome!!! Also, awesome that you're an OB nurse, I am going to nursing school next year and eventually plan for my masters in midwifery!</p>

Good for you. I am currently working on my Master's to become a Family Nurse Practitioner which was part of my motivation for losing weight. I need to have some credibility when I tell my patients that they need to lose weight.

That is awesome, I wish you the best of luck with the weight and school!

Okay, an apple transformed...

Me, pre-op, over 300 pounds

post-122684-0-94402300-1394132824_thumb.jpg

Me at goal, but pre-plastics, no Shapewear. Melted snowman look due to belly skin especially but I really didn't have excess belly fat anymore.

post-122684-0-00890000-1394131038_thumb.jpg

Post plastics, no shapewear. I am still broad shouldered but have lost the belly. Only removed 5.5 pounds of skin. I had no Lipo as I really didn't have much fat remaining.

post-122684-0-52646100-1394132851_thumb.jpg

Okay, an apple transformed... Me, pre-op, over 300 pounds Me at goal, but pre-plastics, no Shapewear. Melted snowman look due to belly skin especially but I really didn't have excess belly fat anymore. Post plastics, no shapewear. I am still broad shouldered but have lost the belly. Only removed 5.5 pounds of skin. I had no Lipo as I really didn't have much fat remaining.

Um you look freaking amazing

Just a little information for all shapes: Most common female body shapes The following are the four most common female body shapes: Apple (triangle downward) Apple-shaped women have broader shoulders and bust, and narrower hips. banana, or straight (rectangular) Banana-shaped women's waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hip or bust measurement. Pear, Spoon, or Bell (triangle upward) Pear-shaped women's hip measurements are greater than their bust measurements. Hourglass Shape (triangles opposing, facing in) Here, the hip and bust are almost of equal size, with a narrow waist. A study of more than 6,000 women conducted at North Carolina State University in 2005 revealed that 46% of women were banana-shaped; just over 20% were pear-shaped; just under 14% were apple-shaped; and only 8% were hourglass-shaped. The hourglass is normally accepted as the "ideal" female shape in Western countries. Research suggests that apple-shaped women have the highest risk of heart disease, while hourglass-shaped women have the lowest. Diabetes professionals say that women with a waist measurement of over 80cm (32 inches) have a higher risk of heart disease due to body fat buildup around the waist, which poses a higher health risk than fat buildup at the hips.

eXtz

You want to see a true apple shape go to my gallery I got all you guys beat I was all stomach

Hope my pics help. These are pics I have from my phone.

My stats

HW 274

SW 242

CW 171

Bottoms were 18/20

Was always baggy in the butt and things. Tight on my waist

Tops 3X

Tops were always snug

Bra size 42 DD

Now

Bottoms are 8/10

Tops L/M mediums are rare

Bra 38 D

I haven't been able to workout in the last 4 months due to a change of home dynamics and a new job. But I know that of I tone and work on cardio I can get my back and mid section drastically smaller. I was very on top of my physical activities. I know I'll get back to in soon. Plus I just got my gallbladder removed.

My butt and thighs are so skinny. My butt is so flat it hurts to sit lol. Luckily squats and lunges will help there.

Hope this helps

Forgot to add. Surgery was 2/22/13 and my GW is 155 and I'm 5'7"

You look great