Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calorie confusion

I have never een on meds for my thyroid since it was still in the normal range, just on low. But I am kind of excited to see my resting MR.

Another 3 days of eating whatever whenever including my nephew's bday and lost another two pounds! That is FOUR this week! I also played kickball (don't get excited and imagine me running and stuff, I was all time pitcher and had a runner when I kicked) and it was a workout!

Wow Patti that's awesome! How did your metabolism test go?

That is scheduled for October 2nd. Is it awful that I have a sick glee over going in and telling them they were wrong? There IS such a thing as "starvation mode"!!!!

Not sick at all! It's nice to be right about your body :-)

Thanks for the validation. :-)

I posted this info before, but people thought I misunderstood my NUT. Nope, wrote it down. I'm a paralegal so I am used to being detail oriented :). I had an appt with my NUT last week. I was frustrated that I had stalled. I had been eating about 850 calories per day. I've lost 22 pounds since being sleeved on 8/8. She said I should not be restricting. Said my body was in starvation because I wasn't eating enough cals. She doesn't count the Protein in food right now - only Protein Drinks. I was getting 60 g and she said it should be at least 80 g. She told me that I shouldn't even worry about the cals but if I absolutely had to have a number to eat between 1200-2000 cals each day. She said it would take a week or so to start losing again because my body had to rebuild the muscle and tissue I lost while restricting. Right now he has me eating mostly protein. No veggies yet. Said at least 64 oz fluids, at least 80 g. Liquid Protein and to try to keep my carbs under 30 or so.

And to ME that makes sense...although I know for sure I can eat less than 2000 and be ok.

I posted this info before' date=' but people thought I misunderstood my NUT. Nope, wrote it down. I'm a paralegal so I am used to being detail oriented :). I had an appt with my NUT last week. I was frustrated that I had stalled. I had been eating about 850 calories per day. I've lost 22 pounds since being sleeved on 8/8. She said I should not be restricting. Said my body was in starvation because I wasn't eating enough cals. She doesn't count the Protein in food right now - only Protein drinks. I was getting 60 g and she said it should be at least 80 g. She told me that I shouldn't even worry about the cals but if I absolutely had to have a number to eat between 1200-2000 cals each day. She said it would take a week or so to start losing again because my body had to rebuild the muscle and tissue I lost while restricting. Right now he has me eating mostly protein. No veggies yet. Said at least 64 oz fluids, at least 80 g. Liquid Protein and to try to keep my carbs under 30 or so.[/quote']

I am very very interested to see how this goes for you. I'm struggling to keep calories under 700 some days. My husband doesn't get hungry but I sure as heck do. Every once in a while, I'd love to just be able to eat a little more and not worry about not losing weight as a result.

Starvation mode is a myth for us fatties. We have enough fat stores to last through a game of thrones winter so take that out of your head. Are you on a PPI sometimes we mistake that for hunger. Get out of your head hunger.

I totally agree head hunger is the worst! Don't let it derail you! You are losing...some people lose slower the others...I'm a slow loser...ur body is figuring out what is going on....follow their plan...they know what they are doing...head hunger! Good luck!! Xo

Just starting my journey to a new me! sent from my iPad

I posted this info before, but people thought I misunderstood my NUT. Nope, wrote it down. I'm a paralegal so I am used to being detail oriented :). I had an appt with my NUT last week. I was frustrated that I had stalled. I had been eating about 850 calories per day. I've lost 22 pounds since being sleeved on 8/8. She said I should not be restricting. Said my body was in starvation because I wasn't eating enough cals. She doesn't count the Protein in food right now - only Protein drinks. I was getting 60 g and she said it should be at least 80 g. She told me that I shouldn't even worry about the cals but if I absolutely had to have a number to eat between 1200-2000 cals each day. She said it would take a week or so to start losing again because my body had to rebuild the muscle and tissue I lost while restricting. Right now he has me eating mostly protein. No veggies yet. Said at least 64 oz fluids, at least 80 g. liquid protein and to try to keep my carbs under 30 or so.

The fact that there are so many different programs out there, with dramatically different recommendations, says a lot...