Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calorie confusion

Oh I am so ready to drop too fast! :)

It really teaches you humility this whole process. You realize how little you control' date=' other than your actions. What your body chooses to do is not withinyour control.[/quote']

It is SO unpredictable!

Over the last 5 weeks here is my weight loss:

4 pounds

4 pounds

3 pounds

5 pounds

0 pounds

The month before I only lost a TOTAL of 9 pounds.

You just never know.

It is SO unpredictable!

Over the last 5 weeks here is my weight loss:

4 pounds

4 pounds

3 pounds

5 pounds

0 pounds

The month before I only lost a TOTAL of 9 pounds.

You just never know.

I love your new pic Wags :)

I love your new pic Wags :)

Thanks!! :-)

Well, yesterday I had carbs at 22% and Protein and 43% and no losses. Actually gained a pound. And I walked a mile! Oh well, gotta be calm and let it happen on it's own.

See what happens when you get your Protein up to 50% for a few days?

Bleh, I ate kore meat today and my fat content is higher than my Protein. Gr! MFP can't calculate when you trim fat! My protein was only 29%

Only lost one pound since 2 weeks ago. They are ordering a metabolism test. Great!

Only lost one pound since 2 weeks ago. They are ordering a metabolism test. Great!

How do they do a metabolism test?

Glad they are being proactive and looking to see if there is an underlying problem that needs to be addressed! Good luck!

With me,I I've had my thyroid rested ans also. Was asked to breathe into a snorkel-like mask. They can then tell you for resting metabolic rate (BMr)

Thanks gamergirl. I didn't know. I have had hypothyroid for almost 20 years, so that gives me a slower metabolism. But at my 3 month checkup they found my meds were now too high so they lowered it. Makes me scared that will make my metabolism even slower now :-(

Thanks gamergirl. I didn't know. I have had hypothyroid for almost 20 years' date=' so that gives me a slower metabolism. But at my 3 month checkup they found my meds were now too high so they lowered it. Makes me scared that will make my metabolism even slower now :-([/quote']

They lowered my thyroid meds too at my one month check up. I think I just accept with the thyroid, me being 47, etc., that I will just lose slow. As long as I lose, I guess I'll take it. :) what can you do, eh?

You are SO right! I'm 53 and I think it's harder for us the older we get. I am on an 8 day stall are you and your husband still on your stall?

You are SO right! I'm 53 and I think it's harder for us the older we get. I am on an 8 day stall are you and your husband still on your stall?

Well after 11 days of being stalled, I finally lost half a measly pound. I try it not to think of the fact that in the last 6weeks I've only lost 4 lbs. My poor husband is still stalled.

But we really are doing everything by the book so it has to work. It will just work on its time, not my time apparently :P

You have a great attitude! Yes, it WILL work eventually. As long as you're working the plan, it definitely will.