Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr MICHEL GAGNER, Montreal, anyone? need reassurance before i take the plunge!

a brief overview of my context: i am seriously contemplating getting the vsg; the tentative surgery date would be mid-october. lots and lots of doubts and guilt and fear and literally months of research, some of which has inspired me, some of which inspires anxiety :) am starting this journey around 260 lbs bmi around 42.5, and would ideally get to a goal of around 145/150 ish. i am self-pay, so this decision has alot of levels. any encouragement welcome, and i would Love to hear more about the experiences of my fellow sleevers :) this is a pretty isolating subject, and it would be a relief to talk with people who have an inside, tangible understanding of all the implications. i guess my biggest reservation at this point is how little we know about the truly long-term health ramifications, as this is such a relatively recent wls choice, and almost everyone more than a couple of years out tend to drop off the boards and forums awhile after reaching goal. while that is completely understandable, it makes me a bit uneasy; this is irreversible, after all, so the more we can know, the better, right?

my surgeon will be dr. michel gagner, practicing in montreal. does anyone have experience with this surgeon??

Many many thanks for taking the time to read :)

xo

shimmer

How did you find him???? I'm looking for a self pay in canada!! Does he take self paying Canadians?

Did you get a sleeve from him without the weightwise program?!?

I'm the founder of this site/app, not a patient of Michel's :D

Does that mean you could help me get a sleeve in Canada?

Nope

Amanda there's also Dr Christou as well at the Royal Victoria Hospital. My friend got banded with him and now she wants to remove band for the sleeve. He's very very expensive but a good surgeon if your in Canada.

Hi shimmer

Researching myself now and wondering how your surgery went with Dr. Gagner. I have a consult with him this coming Friday. Would love to hear about your experience.

Thanks

Shelley

Please let us know how your experience goes Friday!

I've been to a few Obesity and weight loss conferences this past year and Dr. Gagner was presenting at each. He's considered a leader in the Bariatric professional community and is credited as one of the first surgeons to start performing Gastric Sleeve's.

Consult went excellent. Dr. Gagner was awesome. Waiting to hear from his nurse Veronique now....., but I was given the date of Oct 6th as my date!! He answered all of my questions and then some.

After comparing both surgeries, I am opting for the sleeve. For me, it was the best choice :) Still the thought of cutting and removing a body part, is alittle surreal to me.

Eeeeeeeeeck!!! This girl is super excited!!!!

Hello,

I had my consult with Dr Gagner on Oct 14th and elected to have it in person - thought it would be important to meet the man in person. He was good! answered all my questions and was pleasent. My surgery is booked for December 22nd :) I opted for the sleeve.

Would love to hear from other's who had the sleeve surgery with Dr. Gagner and their post-op experiences.

I've heard good things about dr. Gagner. I went with dr. Christou for my band to bypass revision. I think dr. Gagner was a former student of dr. Christou so he had good things to say.

I went with dr. Christou because he seemed most experienced with revisions (more than 250). Not a lot of doctors in Canada have much revision experience.