Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cant sleep// scared

Now I'm feeling like backing out of this surgery.... Why am I feeling like this? I was so anxious now I'm getting scared... My life will change forever :-(

The morning of my surgery on the way to the hospital I was trying to convince my mom we should just go get Breakfast. Than my surgery started two hours late. I wanted to leave so bad. I had to relax and take a breath and remember why I was doing it. It's scary, I totally get it, but now that I'm a few days post op its ok. It's all a process.

I felt exactly the same pre-op. I think it's pretty normal to be scared. I had my surgery 2 months ago and I have to say that I had some regrets after the surgery. Now I'm starting to feel great and I'm still the same person and apart from being healthier, my life is much the same. I'm a strong believer in trusting your gut. Just make sure that your fear isn't obscuring what your heart is telling you. Only you can decide if this is for you.

Good Luck!!

I just don't know how to feel right now.. I know why I need to do it I just need to be at the hospital .. Once that mask goes on I will feel better cause it will be too late ..I can't turn back then

Now I'm feeling like backing out of this surgery.... Why am I feeling like this? I was so anxious now I'm getting scared... My life will change forever :-(

Hi KeKe, I was feeling like this and the day of my surgery I was relieved and scared at the same time. My highest weight was 316 lbs I'm 35 years old and I have tried everything but surgery to loose weight,and even though my lifestyle is different I don't look back a single day . The sleeve is the best surgery I could have ever done. My wife had it as well and the smile and look on her face every time she talks to me,and the excitement she has now about going out with her friends makes me smile even more. I knew that if we both had the surgery we could share a closer bond than we had,and we do.... So sit back remain calm and get ready for the best lifestyle change you will ever make.

It's all good KeKe its a big change but I know and God knows you will do just fine. Stay positive......

Good. Scared is normal. The vast majority have no complications.

And, love, it IS forever.

I think it's completely normal to be nervious and scared at this point. I can promise you that the first few weeks are tough but your life will be better and will be normal you just won't eat the insane sizes anymore. Go to the hospital strong and have a speedy recovery.

I think it is completely normal. You are making a change that will last a lifetime.