Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are things going for those are are at (or near) goal?

I'm switching it up from my original plan. Still trying to get the last 20 lbs off. I'm still pretty low calorie at 900, but I am now eating high fats and low carbs. Protein is the same. I've read a lot recently about high fat with low carb eating. Seems to be working for me tho. Been doing it just over a month. The fats do help with satiety. I eat nuts, butter, avocados, and whole fat dairy and cheese. It seems so weird to eat so much fat as I have eaten low fat for decades.

I've also tried the modified fast days, and it wasn't hard at all. I'm not doing 5:2 regularly, but it's great to have another tool in case I need it. Mostly I have a modified fast day following an overeating day, which doesn't happen too frequently, three times a month maybe.

I suspect 1300 calories is going to be where I'll end up maintaining. I still have to go under 1000 a day to lose anything.

I've been below goal for the last 5 weeks. I still document every lick. bite and taste on my fitness pal, and exercise at least 5 X's a week. I don't limit my carbs, but I focus on Protein and produce, and aim for 70 grams of protein every day. I weigh myself every morning to keep me focused on my goal. So far it's been pretty easy. I do find old behaviors sneaking in every now and then, but I get a grip quickly and get right back on track.

I hit goal of 158 in Feb 2013 which was 14 months post op.. I maintained ok, and was really active but by mid summer I noticed the scale in the low 160s to many days. The day it read 163...I said "regain" and started5:2. It worked so well I got down to 150. Then I had plastics where 5.5pounds of skin were taken but due to post op swelling I weighed in the 155 range for months. I am now 140-142. I had though about making g 135-140 my bounce range but I am happy here so 140-145 it is!

Point of my story is that although leveraging the honeymoon period is how I lost massive weight -that first 150#, you CAN maintain and even lose a few vanity pounds later. For me maintenance isn't much different from the losing phase...just eat a little more. I still eat small quantities, Protein and veggies first kind of diet. Carbs still make me gain weight...so I limit them.

Thanks for this forum .. I have been at goal since March 2014 .. Then I lost 7 more pounds and I have gained 7 .. It has a Constant battle for me. I am find it really hard to maintain my weight loss I workout everyday but I do not eat right

I hit goal around 7-8 months and dropped an extra 10 pounds over the next few months. I stabilized around 140 and have now maintained for 7 months. Sometimes I slack and eat a few too many carbs (esp around the holidays or during a few emotionally stressful times I've gone through). I allow myself a small bounce range (138-141) and whenever I hit the top end, I immediately go back to strict Protein and veggies only. I can usually get back down to the bottom of my bounce range within a week or two.

As far as maintenance goes, I think it's important to recognize any slider foods or other triggers that could get you off track and avoid those things. And it's just as important to find out what kind of eating and/or exercise plan helps you lose any extra pounds. If you stay on top of little gains before they become big gains, you will be able to successfully maintain where you want to be.

Edited by Kindle

I would never have any trouble maintaining if I lived in my own little bubble. It's socializing that brings on snacking. I have friends that eat goodies all the time. One of my bffs today told me she weighs 117 lbs. This is a woman that bakes Cookies and brownies all the time. She eats so much junk plus her meals and it's hard for me to be around her. It's hard to say no to home made Cookies.< /p>

This means making changes for life, if you want to maintain.

5:2 is intermittent fasting. Google the "Fast diet" It is not recommended for anyone under one year out.

I'm 3 days shy of 9 months post op and I'm 25 pounds away from the goal my surgeon set but I'm honestly perfectly happy where I am at. At my heaviest I was 398 lbs, at my 1st consult for WLS I was 298.6 today I am 175. My surgeon's goal is set at 150. Not sure I can or even want to hit that though. At my highest weight ai was in a size 28W pant and 4X top, at my consult I was in a 24W pant and 3X top and now I'm in a size 12 pant and L ladies top or XL juniors. At 33 and after 4 kids I'm happy with that.

follow me on Instagram @sleevedsummer