Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in No Nevada....Reno or Sparks?

I'd love to hear how local girls are doing?

Brook, I just replied to you on another thread.....sorry, still figuring out how to post from my phone.

I'd love to hear how both of you are doing? What pre-op stuff did you have to do?

Lynne

I am in Reno... My surgery is on sept 10th in the Bay Area.

Why the bay area? What pre-op stuff have you had to do?

I'm doing mine in Reno through western bariatrics. They have been amazing. For pre op I had to do a psych eval, steps to success class, meet with a nutritionist, an upper gi, and get a letter of support from my doctor. The diet was a gradual step down from Meal Replacements to full liquids two weeks pre op. there was another class to that I had to attend where they taught us what post op eating would be like. I'm ready, mostly, for surgery tomorrow :)

I chose the bay because I have my family there to help me out after the surgery. I also have a friend that did her sleeve through he same doctor a year ago and she is down 100 lbs.... I have had a psych eval, I have met with my nutritionist on a couple occasions, upper gi, breath test and a group nutrition class.... It's been really informative. I only have to stop eating for 2 days before my surgery and I don't have to drink any substance to flush me out before surgery (happy about that). I have a lot of anxiety over everything Because I have never had surgery before but I am counting down the days til it's over. Good luck to everyone with their surgeries... Mine is the 10th.

Mandy, we'll be thinking of you come the 10th :0).

Jen- good luck tomorrow. How much did you lose during the 2 week liquid diet?

I'm really on the fence.....scared to death to commit. What if some thing goes wrong? What if I'm worse off after the surgery? Surely, I'm not the only one that had those thoughts? Not sure I can stop drinking.....I'm a social drinker and love hanging out with friends over a cocktail.

Are you all part of local support groups?

Lynne

Ima social drinker too and believe me... I will not give that up completely but keep in mind you drop a lot of weight in the beginning and then the rest is entirely up to you with diet and exercise. Alcohol is high in calories, empty calories so you may want to wait a few months out before you drink. Also keep in Mind that you will not be able to drink like you did before... You will be drunk on very little alcohol. It's all crazy bit it will be new beginnings for all of us and skinny at that!

I'm doing terrific.. Dr Ganser with Western Bariatric is fabulous! I had to do a 4 week pre-op liquid diet. Thought I was going to die! Did have some cheating during that month but nothing to drastic. Lol. I managed to lose 20lbs during that time. Since surgery I've lost an additional 35lbs. It has definitely been an eye opening experience. It's true though that each day that passes things do become easier and you feel soooo much better. It's been hard at times trying to figure out your new tummy. I think that's been he hardest thing for me. Learning how much your body will allow and how to recognize when you've had enough and ect. I've just got my gym membership. That's been interesting so far. Luckily the people I've encountered at the gym are very supportive. I'm not one to sweat with an audience. Lol.

That's awesome to hear brook. How much do you want/need to lose?

4 weeks all liquid!!!!!! Do you ever think if you just stayed on an all liquid diet till you hit your goal, you wouldn't need the surgery.

I'm embarrassed I can't do it on my own.....Anyone struggle with that?

I wish I could have done it successfully without surgery but I just didn't have the strength. I knew I needed this tool to help me be come the person I've always knew I could be. I'd love to loose 125lbs although they say I could loose over 175lbs. I'm already 55lbs down and today is my 2 months exactly. I have a hard time seeing the changes physically. I feel like the scale isn't going down as I'd like at least not fast enough. I know I've lost a ton of inches. It's definitely the best decision that I could ever make for me!

That is good to hear.

My hubs doesn't understand why I can't just eat less & exercise.......you mean like I've been trying to do for years!!!!!

Lynne