Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you lose weight and get shorter

Hey guys,

I am not the tallest guy by any means. But since ive lost weight i feel much smaller than i was before. People are even noticing.... like hey why do you look so short? Im like well i guess i shrank? Im ok with it...just wondering if anyone else experienced this as well?

since ive lost weight i feel much smaller than i was before

mrdr

hmmmm

i think it would work the opposite

when i was heavy - my weight made me look "round" around my body :huh:

now that the weight/fat is gone - i feel i'm more vertical/height :unsure:

that might not sound right :blink:

but...............

since i've lost all my weight, reaching goal :)

my head is up high - and i feel MUCH taller!!! ;)

kathy

I am 7 months post op and I have shrunk little less than a half in. I have also lost a half of shoe size. Was wearing 11 1/2 shoes now I wear 11's. Its very weird.

I am 7 months post op and I have shrunk little less than a half in. I have also lost a half of shoe size. Was wearing 11 1/2 shoes now I wear 11's. Its very weird.

Ditto on the shrinking part I'm down 1/2 inch both in stature and shoe size..

I have not had anyone mention this yet. My hubby says I feel more petite (whatever that means at 5'10").

I think being heavy on certain frames can definatey make a tall person look taller...and It sounds funny but also you may look less menacing. I had a friend who was 6'6" drop 60 lbs and cut his hair and shave his beard and stop wearing tinted prescription glasses so you could see blue eyes, and he literally just transformed into another person, and yes, looked a little 'shorter'.

Oh wow, I've never heard this. You guys taught me something new. Every time I lose lots of weight I get the oh wow you look taller.

I have heard of the feet getting smaller, but I wonder if that is the width. I already have pretty narrow feet so I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone over 6 ft feel look/shorter? I would love to hear from people who are already really tall.

This is normal, as u lose weight in ur feet so u lose height and shoe sizes. Don't worry

Okay I am not going completly crazy. I have been5' 7" for all of my adult life(even prior to my weight gain). I went to an appointment the other day and my height read as 5' 6". I wanted to mention that they made an error, but just left it alone. Oh my goodness.... I am shrinking.... :wacko: ! WEIRD. But as they say, you have to give to get! If I have to give up a few inches in height to loose this weight, then I am okay with that. Thanks for this post.

I did not lose any height, but I think where so much of my weight was abdominal (I was a complete apple) I think I compensated for the small height loss by being able to straighten out my posture.