Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

6 week follow up post op---what happens during

Views
Started by huligoo, Aug 07, 2013 2:02 AM
4 replies to this topic
4 replies to this topic

huligoo

Expert Member

• Surgery: Gastric Sleeve
  • Surgery Date: Jun 2013
  • Height: 5 feet 8 inches
  • Starting Weight: 275 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 36 lbs
  • Current Weight: 239 lbs
  • BMI: 36.3
Posted August 7, 2013 - 2:02 AM

this appt? Does the Dr. request more labs and go over your current daily menu?

I am a slow loser ...I have lost more inches than pounds...I was wearing a 3x shirt and 24w pants and now.... I can wear size 18 pants and 1x shirts ....but the scale is not showing drastic pounds being lost....

Inches lost is still a wonderful thing too...I am happy with that....

and my follow up appt is Aug 14th.....

I have Kaiser insurance and so far everything has been pretty good.

Arts137

BariatricPal Host

• Surgeon: Michael Peters
  • Height: 6 feet 2 inches
  • Starting Weight: 423
  • Weight Lost: 113
  • Current Weight: 310
  • Goal Weight: 200
  • BMI: 39.8
Posted August 7, 2013 - 4:05 AM

With my surgical follow-ups, they look at the scars, ask questions and assuming all is AOK, you're outa there. 5 minutes, tops...

Indigo1991

Bariatric Evangelist

• Surgery Date: Apr 2013
  • Height: 5 feet 2 inches
  • Starting Weight: 223 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 85 lbs
  • Current Weight: 138 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 133 lbs
  • BMI: 25.2
Posted August 7, 2013 - 5:54 AM

Yup me too, in to the office, looked at my scars, weighed me, asked if all was well, then out the door - painless!

As for the inches rather than scale movement, I am always in awe of how the sleeve works. I have been stalled for 4 weeks in terms of my weight. Although I am being patient, I have upped my protein and fluids to give my body a bit of a kick. Scales haven't moved but yesterday I tried on a top I bought a month ago that was too small when I bought it but I loved it (I looked as if I had been stuffed in it, lol) and knew I would fit it eventually. Well "eventually" came yesterday - the scales read the same but I have gone down almost a whole size in the last month and I look great in the top, with room to spare!!!!

So inches or llbs, it's all working for me - hope it keeps working for you, the scales will move but inches matter just as much :-))))

huligoo

Expert Member

• Height: 5 feet 8 inches
  • Starting Weight: 275 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 36 lbs
  • Current Weight: 239 lbs
  • BMI: 36.3
Posted August 7, 2013 - 1:05 PM

Yup me too, in to the office, looked at my scars, weighed me, asked if all was well, then out the door - painless!

As for the inches rather than scale movement, I am always in awe of how the sleeve works. I have been stalled for 4 weeks in terms of my weight. Although I am being patient, I have upped my protein and fluids to give my body a bit of a kick. Scales haven't moved but yesterday I tried on a top I bought a month ago that was too small when I bought it but I loved it (I looked as if I had been stuffed in it, lol) and knew I would fit it eventually. Well "eventually" came yesterday - the scales read the same but I have gone down almost a whole size in the last month and I look great in the top, with room to spare!!!!

So inches or llbs, it's all working for me - hope it keeps working for you, the scales will move but inches matter just as much :-))))

Yes, I agree.....It's stll hard to see the differences in my body even though the scale doesnt show too much change...my family and friends tell me I look great...my waist is getting smaller..cool huh!

Heyher

Bariatric Evangelist

• Surgeon: Michael Snyder
  • Surgery Date: Feb 2013
  • Height: 5 feet 6 inches
  • Starting Weight: 250
  • Weight Lost: 87
  • Current Weight: 163
  • Goal Weight: 154
  • BMI: 26.3
Posted August 7, 2013 - 6:28 PM

They made a comment on how I have freakishly narrow hips. (Gee thanks. Now I feel like I'm a whale built like Gru. Whale comment refers to one if my threads on the rant & race board)
They asked how I was doing. Asked about food and water. Told me good job and sent me on my way.
Oh and they solicited me for the panel at one of their seminars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Aug 27
    Butterfly Effect (Again)

After 5 months of no fill, I'm literally having a panic attack in drs, of...

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      Aug 27
    Zoey716

3.65 mile very HOT walk last night! Gearing up for the Biggest Loser 5k...

Show comments (3)
View All Updates