Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on the 24th, 8 days ago, I losse 10 pounds as off today, besides the 18 from the pre op diet total of 28. MFP user is floriris, please add me so that I can see your dairy and get a better idea of what to eat. Good luck to everyone!

Hello I had my sleeve on 7/11 and I am doing ok so far.I am down 24 pounds and I get most of my Protein and Water but it is not easy. I am 20 days post op and have ran into a few obstacles along the way.

Hi Debbie, I am so happy to hear you are not hungry! You are so lucky!!!! I am a July 17 sleever and I cel hungry all time. I worry that my surgery is not going to work but I am down a few pounds so I'll keep at it :)

I was sleeved on 7/19. The first day was the worst with gas pain and nausea. Stay in the hospital two night cause I couldn't drink the amount of liquid the doctor wanted me to. Good thing I did stay cause I don't think I would've been able to get myself drinking at home. First couple days at home I had slight pain at my belly button but other then that it was ok. I'm getting almost all my Water in. Can't say much about my Protein. I have to start drinking shakes. So far down 13 pounds and happy. I'm on soft foods right now and on Sunday I get to transition to all foods. Very excited. I have read that almost everyone is taking calcium citrate. My surgeon never told me to take it. He said with a Multivitamin I would be ok. I guess we will see. Best of luck to everyone on their new journeys :-)

I believe we are supposed to try to stay with things that have protien in them & stay away from the carbs... as far as sodium goes I dont know.

Mashed potatoes are on my food list, just mix a little Protein into the mashed potatoes. I have some chicken flavored Unjury powder that should work great with that.

Any other newbies on this journey out there?? Had my sleeve on Tuesday' date=' 7/16; so I'm 9 days out. Day 3 has been the worst so far. Think I possibly have temporary (I hope) lactose-intolerance as I'm struggling with some bowel issues; but beyond that, I feel very good. Not being hungry all the time is wonderful. Still hard to get in the habit of not drinking for 30 min. before; during; and 30 min. after eating. How is everyone else making out?[/quote']

Debbie- I'm one week post op and if I have to drink one more sweet Protein shake I will barf! Just not toleerating sweet vanilla all liquid shakes! I struggle to drink anything and it worries me that ill struggle next week. I'm not hungry st all!. Good luck on ur jouney!!

Any other newbies on this journey out there?? Had my sleeve on Tuesday' date=' 7/16; so I'm 9 days out. Day 3 has been the worst so far. Think I possibly have temporary (I hope) lactose-intolerance as I'm struggling with some bowel issues; but beyond that, I feel very good. Not being hungry all the time is wonderful. Still hard to get in the habit of not drinking for 30 min. before; during; and 30 min. after eating. How is everyone else making out?[/quote']

I had my surgery on the 11th and am doing great. They started me off on any kind of Fluid as long as there was no sugar in it, but I was drinking chicken noodle Soup put in a blender 5 days after surgery. Now I can eat anything I want but just a little bit yesterday I had a half slice of pizza which took me about 30 minutes to eat but it was so good and I did not have any problems. This is what I do in a day as far as my intake. I drink a liquid Protein bullet 3.8 oz. while I sip on Water over 30 minutes then later I have a cup of Tomato Soup 8oz. Takes 30 minutes to an hour to get down and have to keep reheating but I sip Water with this, later I have a Protein shake which with the bullet and shake I have my Protein in for the day. I try to drink V8 as a snack but at least once a day I will have what ever I want and I have not had any problems but I chew things up real good. But one thing is if I drink a little to much it sure lets me know and hurts terrible so I have found out real quick when to stop. I have lost 20 pounds since surgery but a total of 69 since my journey began in February. Good luck on your journey. For Bowel problems try Miralax, someone on here suggested it and it works, what ever you do don't strain. Time will go by fast and it all this will behind you in no time.

I had my surgery on the 11th and am doing great. They started me off on any kind of Fluid as long as there was no sugar in it' date=' but I was drinking chicken noodle Soup put in a blender 5 days after surgery. Now I can eat anything I want but just a little bit yesterday I had a half slice of pizza which took me about 30 minutes to eat but it was so good and I did not have any problems. This is what I do in a day as far as my intake. I drink a liquid Protein bullet 3.8 oz. while I sip on Water over 30 minutes then later I have a cup of Tomato Soup 8oz. Takes 30 minutes to an hour to get down and have to keep reheating but I sip Water with this, later I have a Protein shake which with the bullet and shake I have my protein in for the day. I try to drink V8 as a snack but at least once a day I will have what ever I want and I have not had any problems but I chew things up real good. But one thing is if I drink a little to much it sure lets me know and hurts terrible so I have found out real quick when to stop. I have lost 20 pounds since surgery but a total of 69 since my journey began in February. Good luck on your journey. For Bowel problems try miralax, someone on here suggested it and it works, what ever you do don't strain. Time will go by fast and it all this will behind you in no time.[/quote']

Wow, pizza? not sure about it being in the allow foods? please advise willing to try....

Sent from my iPad using VST

I was sleeved on 7/19. The first day was the worst with gas pain and nausea. Stay in the hospital two night cause I couldn't drink the amount of liquid the doctor wanted me to. Good thing I did stay cause I don't think I would've been able to get myself drinking at home. First couple days at home I had slight pain at my belly button but other then that it was ok. I'm getting almost all my Water in. Can't say much about my Protein. I have to start drinking shakes. So far down 13 pounds and happy. I'm on soft foods right now and on Sunday I get to transition to all foods. Very excited. I have read that almost everyone is taking calcium citrate. My surgeon never told me to take it. He said with a multivitamin I would be ok. I guess we will see. Best of luck to everyone on their new journeys :-)

Calcium is very important, please contact you Bariatric nutricionist fir clarification... Good Luck

Dear July Sleevers' date='

Are Protein shakes part of the 64 ounces? Or do we not include them in the total goal of 64 ounces?

I was sleeved on Thursday (July 25) and am now four days out (wow, can't believe it, so surreal).

Thanks in advance for your insight![/quote']

My nutricionist said that Protein intake and the 64 oz additional of Water, diet snapple, decaff teavor coffee, ect. that makes you flush out what your body is eliminating and makes you not constipated. Protein it self will constipate you terrible!

ok i have a question im 8 days post op and still on liquids everyones saying how there full and dont feel like eating but all i want to do is move to soft foods and eat some thing so yesterday have about half cup of instant potatoes and not sure if i felt full or what i wish i felt like everyone else and and was not hungry has any body cheated on liquid diet and will i be ok????

Hi Debbie, I am so happy to hear you are not hungry! You are so lucky!!!! I am a July 17 sleever and I cel hungry all time. I worry that my surgery is not going to work but I am down a few pounds so I'll keep at it :)

i had my surgery on july 24 and i feel the same i wish i wasnt hungry and everyone says it will change when i go to more denser foods i dont know just wish some one could help me under stand.

Sleeved July 24th... I went into pureed food a week early. My reasoning is due to the fact I cannot keep my shakes down (or the powered mix or any type of Protein jelly) so I switched so I can have my protein. I have been having chili and cottage cheese (pureed of course) and so far so good. I haven't weighed myself.... I don't own a scale and do not care to right now. I am what I am and don't want to dwell on it. I know someone posted having instant potatoes ... You may want to check with your doctor and nutritionist about that bc my doctor and nutritionist and many sites say you shouldn't have instant... Be careful. :-)

July 2nd 2013 starting weight day of surgery 389 2 week post op 367. I have not weighted myself since and I can't wait any more!!! I am going in to the clinic tomorrow to find out my current weight!

This was 1 month before surgery

Sorry for not smiling...this was yesterday 4 weeks post op

ok i have a question im 8 days post op and still on liquids everyones saying how there full and dont feel like eating but all i want to do is move to soft foods and eat some thing so yesterday have about half cup of instant potatoes and not sure if i felt full or what i wish i felt like everyone else and and was not hungry has any body cheated on liquid diet and will i be ok????

Since my doctor moved me to full liquids I don't get as hungry, Damon light and fit Greek vanilla has been a life saver. And a Protein shake an hour later. I don't get the hunger pains any more. I think the stomach is adjusting on how to process the Proteins.

Hang in there.