Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

do we have to get all the messages through email though?? yuck!

I like having a board where I dont have to see them all individually.

Maybe I just dont know how yahoo groups work

----------------

OH WAIT!! there is that special thing you have to click that says "web only"

Under Step #2 message delivery

That might be it...:(

BMan, Typically you do get all messages via email, but you can set it so you view everything on the web too.

Like I said, it was an easy thing to set up....if we don't want to use it we don't have to.....but I'll leave it open for now. If we decide not to use it I'll get rid of it in a week or so. We can always reopen it in the future if we want.

Sounds good everyone you let me know what you all want to do. I will keep posting here until I'm told other wise. :-)

I hate sitting at work all day. You get absolutely no excersise and yet are still tired when you finally get home. ggggrrrr.........

I signed up in case we move over there. If not it's all good. I also elected to see the web form instead of getting a kazillion emails. I agree b'man - that can get overwhelming!

Annie - your foot trauma sounds really painful. I used to have heel spurs but got a cortisone shot in my heel. Girlfriend? I cussed loudly and then cried in the doctor's office. Openly wept. When I had composed myself I apologized for my outburst. The doctor said not to worry. He had given his father a cortisone shot to the heel, and his father called him an Effin bastard. HA! I hope you're on the mend and up and at 'em soon!

Kirsten - That's a great victory! I have a shelf booty, too and I can see that it's going down. Yesterday I was able to zip my jacket and have a little extra room in there. Before I had to wear it open.

Okay, I have a lunch meeting with a manager-type, then a team meeting... and then I'm sneaking out early.

Nat

I'm good with either the forum or a yahoo group - I just signed up there - thanks Kirsten for giving us that option!

Annie

Just stopped by to say hello! Things are going well here. I am finding I can eat almost anything without white flour or alot of sugar. Havnt had any real problems yet just a few "golf ball" incidents so to date I am thrilled with my decision. I go for my first fill next thursday and am looking forward to that. I am down a little over 10% and feeling great about that (better than I ever did on ww). WL has slowed but I totally expected that and anticipate a little impovment with my fill although I am having a fair amount of restriction without any fill. Hope everyone is doing well and I will try to post more frequently just crazy around here with the kids home and me back in school full time (dont know what i was thinking registering for a ft schedule). Anyway hope everyone had a great new year.

One more thing, I was wondering if anyone has had issues with beef or shrimp? I love shrimp and cant seem to stomach it :cry not much of a beef eater so thats not a big deal.

You're very welcome! :(

Oh...cortisone shots!! They suck going in but MAN are they relief for heel spurs!!! When mine were bad I went in and got the shots and didn't feel pain for like a week!!! Hopefully yo'ure feeling better now! :eek:

Okay-just a quickie hello and I have to go through some email, study for my midterm tonight, but I willbe back after my exam. I don't know if this is going to work and we may have to squirrel ourselves away elsewhere, we'll see.

Nat-change the title to "my stuffins no longer runneth over" hahahahahahaha

Well, I had plantar fasciitis and was getting steroid/cortisone shots in my heel for that, which contributed heavily to my "traumatic rupture" of my plantar fascia ligaments! They forgot to emphasize with me how much the shots weakened the ligaments - so I ended up with the rupture. :(

At least it was a good story - I was running away from a friend trying to dump champagne on my head after a car race I was in when the rupture happened! He felt really bad but I knew it was just bad timing that it happened when he was chasing me... Oh, and I live in the Seattle area and it happened in Topeka! Now that wasn't much fun...

OH geesh!! sounds like quite the story (but definitely a fun one!)!! How long will it take to recover? Hopefully not too long!

KayDoll - haychoo! Your proposed title made me laugh out loud at work. I'm supposed to be WORKING!!!!

Annie when I come back we'll talk about Seattle. OOOoooooh I love Seattle! Have you ever eaten at Wild Ginger? Girlfriend? To Die For!

Nat

The doc is saying 6-12 months to fully recover - ick! But, losing weight should help everything heal faster since I'll have less pressure on it! I'm just bummed mainly because I am the type that can tolerate going to the gym and working out, and between my foot and being careful after getting my band, it's severly limited what I can do. Bummers! But, it's getting better every day, so I'm hopeful this will all be behind me soon (but with less of a "behind!")

And Nat - I haven't been to Wild Ginger but keep hearing such good things about it! I'll have to go check it out sometime!

Annie

hi girls,

We are all in the same journey and I here for you .

Its hard but we will all make the best of it and accoplish our goals for a fact.

Hope we are all starting in the right foot this year steady but sherly.:(

clau

Berverman your a sweetheat thank you :eek:

Hey have guys ran across this site yet??

http://www.flavourspraydiet.com/flavors.html

(They are flavored sprays with only 20mgs of salt and no carbs, fat) I don't know if it is something for me or not, but I thought I would share it with all of you. Somebody may want to try them.

Also, here is a actual video my doc (Dr C) put online of a fill being done:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwBrOoqRVhg]YouTube - 8 second lap band fill[/ame]

It only takes him 8 seconds to do without fluro... in case you all were wondering what it looks like. I think Nat already saw it. I thought some of you might also be interested.

--------------

Hey Claud! You're welcome. I still post on the other thread too, but it was getting really confusing over there... we needed to split things up a bit. It was KayDots idea originally... I just decided to help her out and get it all started up. I'm glad you found us! :-)

wow you girls are fast! I had to read 2 pages!

I cleaned my bedroom today and walked 10 minutes on the treadmill. Technically not suppose to until the 11th - broken knee cap - I was sweating! Hubby will be stumbling around tonight - he loves it when I change the furniture around. LOL

I love you all - you're all so positive and encouraging. So a shelf butt hu? thats gotta be better then a barrel belly! I'm 44 and last year I had 3 people ask me when the baby was due! Yeah that was humilating. But by next Christmas we will no longer have barrel bellies or shelf butts!

The dd - and thats not dear - time for her to get back to college! Needs the computer - her laptop is broke and we all have to live in hell because of it! Talk to you later!