Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

btw - I was kinda getting into all the pms - that was cool - bam bam bam! Never had so many in all my LBT time!

I started out on a yahoo group - I hated the format and I hated that your posts didn't come up right away. I don't know if it was just they way they set it up but the moderators had to proof read everything - I found LBT and haven't been back since.

Ok ladies... I contacted every who was an original -- PM'd them all and sent the link to this spot. :-) So, that should help us keep a bit better track of those we already know.

I am going to keep posting to the other new people on the old board, but this way we can keep up with the people we have already gotten to know withOUT all of the extra posts popping up in between...

so, yeah... Steph ate a candy bar!!! :eek: hehe

I drank the equivilant of a liquid candy bar last weekend... dont feel bad. We all have our weak moments. We can't all be as cool as Nat :(

hehe, thank you Nat for kicking us all in the behind. We will all need it from time to time... I will kick yours when ever you need it. You Elliptical Goddess you!

Steph,

You can set up a yahoo group so that the moderator doesn't have to proof every post and they do get posted (almost) immediately. I wouldn't mind setting up a group if you guys are interested! I'm already the moderator of another yahoo group, and it's not hard to set up!

Thanks for inviting me here! I feel like I'm in the "in" crowd! lmao! :(

What is this thread about??????? Is it a chat room group that decided to stert a thread? or :( If you want to keep the same little group chat might be the way to go or e-mail... this is a public forum and you can't really expect members to stay out...especially with a catchy title like steady losers because you will get those who are steady losers of weight! If you want your own thread perhaps you can give it a "code title" which will only attract those of you who wanted this....

Hi to all my December bandsters steadies!

I'm so discouraged today as the scale inched UP! I think it's getting close to that darn TOM thing, though, as I've struggled to eat even 1000 calories! So, not a steady loser today, but I'll still be y'all's steady! :(

Annie

Thanks AngelaT... now get out. (HA!) I keed, I keed! A "code title" is a good idea.

like *#__.)^

*cracking up*

b'man, I'm not "cool" I am just sick to death of toting this big fat ass behind me wherever I go.

My surgeon also put some Fluid in my band when he "installed" it. He said that it was waaaaaaay too loose around my stomach and so he made the decision to put a little juice in there to get me going. I am not having hunger too bad, so I am definitely in a different place than some other people who are hungry all the time.

Kirsten, if a yahoo group will post the replies nearly immediately and the mods don't have to approve, etc. that may be an easier way to keep in touch with our girls than to hope nobody discovers our secret hide-a-way in the LB Lounge.

And btw, ALL of my pants are too big for me now. not just loose, but too big. I can pull them down without unfastening them! I told myself I'm gonna be a baggy pant bitch for a while, because I'm not going to buy pants that i'll shrink out of in a few weeks. Plus I have some smaller size pants (20) that I should be able to fit soon enough (25 more pounds or so).

So do you guys have any mini-goals set up for yourselves? I have 11 days to lose 9 pounds. lol @ elliptical goddess. Hardly - I just feel guilty vegging on the couch now, because the elliptical is directly behind it! I can ride and watch tv, too. And I don't go fast. Just keeping the fatbod in motion.

Hi to all my December bandsters steadies!

I'm so discouraged today as the scale inched UP! I think it's getting close to that darn TOM thing, though, as I've struggled to eat even 1000 calories! So, not a steady loser today, but I'll still be y'all's steady! :(

Annie

Hi Annie -

Do you have a tape measure? The scale can be your best friend or the bane of your existence. So even if you're retaining Water and weighing heavy, if you have accurate measurements, you know you're progressing.

I measure: neck, upper arms, forearms, bust, ribs (right under my breasts), waist, hips, thighs and calves. It helps to be able to write down smaller numbers.

Just a suggestion, of course.

N.

Thanks for inviting me in. Today I am officially 2 weeks post op and have lost 19lbs. I am sitting here right now (officially on mushies) eating my scrambled egg. :clap2: We're gonna see how that goes. I expect my weight to go back up alittle once I start on regular food. That seems to be the concensus from what I've read. I wish you all continued success.

Great idea Nat - I'm letting the scale rule me right now, and I agree, measurements can be your best friend!

One time a number of years ago I started working out big time with lots of weight training right when I started trying to lose weight, and in 6 weeks I only dropped 6 lbs. I was frustrated to no end! What happened is I was gaining muscle faster than I was losing fat and the measurements told me what I already knew - I was shrinking big time! I was down two sizes in those 6 weeks so I knew the scale didn't tell the whole story.

I'd hurt my foot back in September (tore the ligaments off my heel bone, ouch!) and just got out of the cast right around my surgery date. So I've been completely immobile for months - couldn't take the stairs, was on crutches for a long time then couldn't walk far... so now that I'm out of the cast and getting more active again (and trying to go to the gym, but I'm not a steady at that, yet, due to my foot!) I'm sure I'm starting to regain some of my muscle.

So, tonight, I measure! :(

Oh no, now I went and made my title too catchy!!

I think this will probably be fine. Lets ride it out a few days and see how things go. Then we will resort to plan "B" if it doesn't work.

Elliptical news: I made it up to 15 minutes without being to exhausted yesterday evening... for a total of 25 minutes on the elliptcal yesterday... I am getting better.

I just get so damn bored on the thing... even when I'm watching TV.

I do love it though. It really get your heart rate up and keeps it there.

Steph -- I would look into getting one if you really want it. However, they aren't "easy" by any means... they will make you tired quickly when you first start. Trust me. I've been doing battle with mine all week :-)

I definitely need to measure....I put on a shirt today that goes over my butt and prior to surgery it was always "snug" and I could totally see my fat ass sticking out. Well, this morning when I looked in the mirror I realized my butt doesn't look so much like a "shelf" anymore!! Woo hooo! Yeah for me! :( LOL progress...no matter how small...is important!!!

So I went ahead and set up a yahoo group and am going to try and post the Html link for it here. I have set it up where I have to approve members (cause we don't want just anybody to be able to join) :eek: but once you're a member, you'll be able to post pictures (we can see each others progress), post files for either weight loss tracking or receipes or whatever we want and messages will also get posted immediately! Hope to see you all there! :)

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/steadies/join