Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved July 24th had to stay on liquids for 1 week Had my f/u 1 week after surgery Doc said I could start eating eggs which I was thrilled with after nothing but liquids for 3 weeks. I downloaded an app @ Livingstrong.com to count calories and am AMAZED how little I am sustaining on. Most days I take in a total of around 600 calories. My doctor told me to start lite cardio which I admit I do but could be more enthusiastic about. I take in about 60-80 oz /day of Water so here is my question' date=' why am I not losing like I did before the eggs??? On liquids I dropped 25lbs prior to surgery Two weeks since my last weight in and I've lost 4 lbs I don't understand Anyone else having this problem???[/quote']

I'm having the same issue. Ive only lost 4 lbs in 2 wks. Our bodies are still sorta in starvation mode and trying to hold on to the fat. It will come off faster eventually. Our bodies are adjusting. I so feel your frustration, though. I dropped 30 lbs like it was nothing during my pre op diet and first week after surgery.

I dont know if anyone can relate to this, but I still can't wrap my head around the fact that part of my stomache is gone and is shaped like a banana. Anyone else going through this? I know it sounds weird but I haven't really been able to absorb the reality. Today I ate something and my stomache kinda ached and felt like I could feel the new outline shape..just different to me.. Hope I'm not the only one who has ever had to wrap their head around this or become adjusted

I dont know if anyone can relate to this' date=' but I still can't wrap my head around the fact that part of my stomache is gone and is shaped like a banana. Anyone else going through this? I know it sounds weird but I haven't really been able to absorb the reality. Today I ate something and my stomache kinda ached and felt like I could feel the new outline shape..just different to me.. Hope I'm not the only one who has ever had to wrap their head around this or become adjusted[/quote']

It does take getting used to. I am still struggling with eating too fast for the sleeve have shown improvement.

It does take getting used to. I am still struggling with eating too fast for the sleeve have shown improvement.

Glad im not alone on this..im not used to.this yet.:)

I dont know if anyone can relate to this' date=' but I still can't wrap my head around the fact that part of my stomache is gone and is shaped like a banana. Anyone else going through this? I know it sounds weird but I haven't really been able to absorb the reality. Today I ate something and my stomache kinda ached and felt like I could feel the new outline shape..just different to me.. Hope I'm not the only one who has ever had to wrap their head around this or become adjusted[/quote']

I can't feel my stomach getting full yet. I hear it, belching, gurgling and hiccups, but I don't feel my stomach yet. It's sill healing

I think it throws me off from time to time.

I was sleeved July 29th and on purée/liquid diet. I had the most painful experience last week and thought I should share so no one else has to go through the same thing. Last week, I had what i thought was a stitch in my side, under my rib cage that started to get worse into the evening, then the pain moved to the center of my chest, bottom of my sternum and hot worse and worse. i felt like i couldnt breathe properly. it got so bad my hubby started driving me to hospital. it got crazy painful. i was literally delirious with pain. I was screaming, crying, begging for some relief. It felt like hot lava was spilling intoy stomach. I thought for sure I had a leak in my sleeve. 2 doses of morphine and i could feel relief. They think something was stuck that was irritating the opening of the sleeve which was already tender for op, then had an esophageal spasm trying to get whatever was stuck down. After my sleeve, In the hospital they were giving me puréed fruit so I thought I was ok to continue on with puréed food at home. My husband made me lots of puréed vegetable Soup. In one of the Soups there was the tiniest bit of carrot in it, a quarter the size of my pinky nail. It was very soft, so I thought it would be gone, I chewed it as much as I could and it seemed to go down fine. I thought I was progressing so well that I'd be able to eat scrambled eggs the following week. Boy was I wrong! Back to just liquids this week and after a few days the stitch feeling went away. Onto purée this week. Bit disapointed I'm not progressing as much as I thought. But never ever want to go through that again!

I was sleeved July 29th and on purée/liquid diet. I had the most painful experience last week and thought I should share so no one else has to go through the same thing. Last week' date=' I had what i thought was a stitch in my side, under my rib cage that started to get worse into the evening, then the pain moved to the center of my chest, bottom of my sternum and hot worse and worse. i felt like i couldnt breathe properly. it got so bad my hubby started driving me to hospital. it got crazy painful. i was literally delirious with pain. I was screaming, crying, begging for some relief. It felt like hot lava was spilling intoy stomach. I thought for sure I had a leak in my sleeve. 2 doses of morphine and i could feel relief. They think something was stuck that was irritating the opening of the sleeve which was already tender for op, then had an esophageal spasm trying to get whatever was stuck down. After my sleeve, In the hospital they were giving me puréed fruit so I thought I was ok to continue on with puréed food at home. My husband made me lots of puréed vegetable Soup. In one of the Soups there was the tiniest bit of carrot in it, a quarter the size of my pinky nail. It was very soft, so I thought it would be gone, I chewed it as much as I could and it seemed to go down fine. I thought I was progressing so well that I'd be able to eat scrambled eggs the following week. Boy was I wrong! Back to just liquids this week and after a few days the stitch feeling went away. Onto purée this week. Bit disapointed I'm not progressing as much as I thought. But never ever want to go through that again![/quote']

That sounds like a scary.experinence for sure..good to know..thats kinda how I felt today too..:( hope your feeling better

I asked my doc if my stomach was the size of a banana' date=' and he said no, it is the size of a hot dog. LOL[/quote']

Haha hotdog..it feels shaped like a banana to me?!?my cousin has vsg too also. My aunt and uncle.joke we have bananas for.stomaches. Except.shes pregnant..so they say an ultrasound looks like a banana on one side the baby on the other ..guess that is were the idea came.from..but i.think.in the hospital it looked like a hot dog during the barium test

Haha hotdog..it feels shaped like a banana to me?!?my cousin has vsg too also. My aunt and uncle.joke we have bananas for.stomaches. Except.shes pregnant..so they say an ultrasound looks like a banana on one side the baby on the other ..guess that is were the idea came.from..but i.think.in the hospital it looked like a hot dog during the barium test

Hahaha, I thought mine looked liked a string bean with a golf ball attached at the bottom during the barium swallow test!

I was sleeved July 29th and on purée/liquid diet. I had the most painful experience last week and thought I should share so no one else has to go through the same thing. Last week' date=' I had what i thought was a stitch in my side, under my rib cage that started to get worse into the evening, then the pain moved to the center of my chest, bottom of my sternum and hot worse and worse. i felt like i couldnt breathe properly. it got so bad my hubby started driving me to hospital. it got crazy painful. i was literally delirious with pain. I was screaming, crying, begging for some relief. It felt like hot lava was spilling intoy stomach. I thought for sure I had a leak in my sleeve. 2 doses of morphine and i could feel relief. They think something was stuck that was irritating the opening of the sleeve which was already tender for op, then had an esophageal spasm trying to get whatever was stuck down. After my sleeve, In the hospital they were giving me puréed fruit so I thought I was ok to continue on with puréed food at home. My husband made me lots of puréed vegetable Soup. In one of the Soups there was the tiniest bit of carrot in it, a quarter the size of my pinky nail. It was very soft, so I thought it would be gone, I chewed it as much as I could and it seemed to go down fine. I thought I was progressing so well that I'd be able to eat scrambled eggs the following week. Boy was I wrong! Back to just liquids this week and after a few days the stitch feeling went away. Onto purée this week. Bit disapointed I'm not progressing as much as I thought. But never ever want to go through that again![/quote']

Oh wow! I'm sorry you had so much trouble! I was sleeved on the 26th and had to have an emergency surgery later that day because of bleeding but I haven't had any other issues. However the program and hospital require that I stay on full liquids for 5 weeks to allow more time for healing. I haven't had the chance to eat anything yet and I have been going crazy wanting to eat food. Your story will help keep me on the doctors path! Thank you for sharing. I hope you feel better ASAP!

I asked my doc if my stomach was the size of a banana' date=' and he said no, it is the size of a hot dog. LOL[/quote']

Is that a regular or foot long?

I was sleeved on the 29th. And here at 15 days out my biggest struggle is with fatigue. I am soooooo tired. I thought this procedure was to help me have MORE energy. I have MUCH LESS!!!!!

I was sleeved on the 29th. And here at 15 days out my biggest struggle is with fatigue. I am soooooo tired. I thought this procedure was to help me have MORE energy. I have MUCH LESS!!!!!

Don't worry I was the same way and I just hit my month post op and I got my energy back ... Just make sure ur keeping hydrated

I'm right there with you... Waking up in the morning is sooo hard lately! I'm sluggish most of the day then oddly enough I get this short lived bursts of energy in the evening. I will admit, though. I'm supposed to be taking my Multivitamin 3 times a day and I take it only 1-2.. I'm sure I'm partially to blame for this.