Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Liquid Diet...really?

Ok, so I'm doing my pre op liquid diet. 4 bottles of slim fast high Protein Shakes, some veggies and a handful of fruit. Seriously??? Is it me? I am soooo hungry! These bottles of slim fast are so small! I don't want to mess up but I feel like I could eat my arm!!! Any suggestions??? I'm trying to fill up on water....

At least you can eat veggies and fruit, most people are on liquid only!!

Keep drinking the Water (it's a great tummy filler) and just put your mind to it. This pre-op diet is leading up to a huge change for you that will be worth the effort you can put in now! I wasn't on a pure liquid pre-op diet, but my pre-op was tough! I am proud to say I didn't cheat once in the 10 days required - I kept my mind focused on the prize!

Ok, so I'm doing my pre op liquid diet. 4 bottles of slim fast high Protein shakes, some veggies and a handful of fruit. Seriously??? Is it me? I am soooo hungry! These bottles of slim fast are so small! I don't want to mess up but I feel like I could eat my arm!!! Any suggestions??? I'm trying to fill up on Water....

I can't eat fruit but I can eat 5 oz of lean Protein at night with my veggies. I am on day three and it gets better. Not great but better...hang in there

Thank you! I was having a moment but 3 bottles of Water did the trick!! Thanks so much. I will NOT cheat!

Stay as busy as possible.

Shel in Kansas<br />Sleeved 5/21/13

I second that! I even went to Home Depot with my hubby this evening to pass the time...lol

That is so true. I think I am realizing how much time I spend focusing on food. Time to pick up some hobbies!!!! Thanks!

Ok, so I'm doing my pre op liquid diet. 4 bottles of slim fast high Protein shakes, some veggies and a handful of fruit. Seriously??? Is it me? I am soooo hungry! These bottles of slim fast are so small! I don't want to mess up but I feel like I could eat my arm!!! Any suggestions??? I'm trying to fill up on Water....

The first four or so days of the preop diet are miserable. Make it through those and things will be fine afterwards.

Are these the Slim Fast shakes you're drinking? chocolate.aspx" rel="external nofollow">http://www.slim-fast.com/products/shakes/Creamy-Milk-Chocolate.aspx

If so, 18g of sugar is obscene!

The first four or so days of the preop diet are miserable. Make it through those and things will be fine afterwards.

Are these the Slim Fast shakes you're drinking? http://www.slim-fast.com/products/shakes/Creamy-Milk-Chocolate.aspx

If so, 18g of sugar is obscene!

Slim fast also has High Protein shakes that only have 3 g of sugar. This are the ones I am using. The others I bought one time by accident and they make you hungrier lol

Slim fast also has High Protein shakes that only have 3 g of sugar. This are the ones I am using. The others I bought one time by accident and they make you hungrier lol

That makes me feel better! I was gonna say that that much sugar would make you hungrier but you're way ahead of me - well done!

@ShelPrice...I am doing much better. Thanks. I took everyone's advice I am totally in the zone right now. I just came from a retirement dinner (paid $50 for the ticket) and all I drank was Water. The buffet was huge AND they had an amazing dessert table. It didn't phase me one bit because the cost of the ticket is not worth me risking a delay in my surgery! I just focused on the fellowship...not the food!

@Kami and Don....I am using the high Protein Shakes. I pretty much stick with the chocolate and I increased my Water. That helps! I try to be proactive and drink the shakes BEFORE I get hungry because when I get hungry my mind starts to wander... lol

Be thankful you get those veggies! A lot of people only get shakes. 150 oz of Water a day kept me sane.