Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New with at least 200 lbs to lose

i was sleeved on May 6th and have already lost 70 pounds. I can't believe it. You will do great. I still have a long way to go but reading this forum has helped me so much. Good luck on your journey!!!!

I am right in this with you, too! Just a few steps ahead, but here if you need a cheerleader.

It is an intimidating milestone, to be sure. We will get there together though.

Good luck on your journey!

My surgery is set for July 13th!! I'm so excited and I've felt so positive but recently I'm feeling worried... When I first started this journey I was researching the different weight loss surgeries and finally decided the sleeve was going to be the best one for me considering I had at least 180lbs to loose!! I was able to get in contact with several people that had this surgery and wow their outcomes were all awesome!!! Within 5-6 months they had all lost 125 + lbs. each so of course when one particular lady was so close to my stats (age, weight,height,etc) told me about her journey and she lost 165 lbs in 6 months I was ecstatic!! However since I've joined this app/group I'm noticing its not very common for that type of weight loss, or at least not on here... most I'm seeing don't even loose 100 lbs by the 5 month mark and so it's got me worried, especially when I see posts saying in 5 months only 50lbs has been lost.. I'm hoping the posts I'm reading are people that may not have as much to loose but I'm starting to worry.. I know me.. and I'm needing a dramatic loss in these first few months so I can get to the point I can actually "do" things! I know this is not a miracle working surgery but I'm not having this to just pass the time away, it's a surgery that is supposed to be dramatic and help you loose more weight at a faster pace...

PLEASE don't take me as being negative in anyway against anyone... I'm here for answers and support just like everyone else, I don't have a family member interested enough to even talk to me about this so I'm pretty much on my own here...

Compare thyself with NO OTHER,

For only you walk your journey.

And you are in this for the rest of your life,

So fast or slow matters not

And DO NOT be in a big rush to loose really fast, I lost weight too fast and just spent the weekend in the hospital getting treatment for acute polyarticular gout due to rapid weight loss and dehydration. Keep drinking fluids, ALL THE TIME, and let the weight come off gradually. Gout is no fun, I could not stand or walk at all for three days.

I am also just getting started. Hopefully will have surgery in 2-3 weeks. I need to lose around 250 pounds. Overwhelming. Would love any comments, input, etc. Thanks!

I have surgery scheduled for 9/9! So excited! I feel the same way as most of you! I am 35 and 340 at 5'6 and I look into the mirror after two kids and think, "wonder if my husband knew he was gonna get a two for one when he married me." I have literally gained a second person in the last nine years. I can't believe that I "gave up" when I got married! I am trying to get it together and this is my way of getting a grip!