Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Connecticut Bandsters Out There?

Hey everyone! To all of you getting ready to be banded good luck! It will be one of the best things you have ever done.. just a quick tip.. I love love love the banana cream GNC Protein powder! I blend it with skim milk 2 scoops of the powder and a couple ice cubes.. yummy!!

Hi,

I am a bandster from Connecticut.

I had my band put in on August 25, 2008 by Dr. Nadzam at St. Raphael's.

Heather

congrats heather!!! Welcome to the club!!!!

Hi.. I'm in CT. I was banded by Dr. Floch @ Norwalk Hospital. I'm 6 weeks out and losing weight verrrrrry slowly. :: sigh:: Would love to hear from others that had a slow start but ended up losing.

Hi Jennifer

I was banded in March and now down to 199 started at 244. It is a slow loss but I'm happy with that. I have never gained, only lost. Some weeks stayed the same but then would lose 2 lbs. Stay with it, there is no magic. Make sure you ar adequately filled. I went for a fill 6 weeks out that was 2.5 cc then was advise to come back every week or two until I felt good restriction. It took 5 fills, I have 6.5 cc in a 10 cc band. As long as I lose I'm happy.

I can't eat bread, or rice and have to eat veryyyyyyyyy slowlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy a tough lesson to learn....

good luck

sharon:)

The person that did succeed is the one that failed but was able to get up and continue working towards their goals.

Hi, I was also banded by one of the Floch's.... Neil. Things are going okay. I had my second fill today. Surgery was on 9/11/08. First fill was 3cc. then today brought back up to 3cc ( additional 1.5cc). so far down about 40 lbs total including the pre-op. Welcome everyone. Stay motivated!!

Wow - you got your 2nd fill and you were banded in September... I got my first fill today and I was banded August 25. She put in 4 cc's but she says in the Realize band that one disappears - so it is like putting in 3 cc's. Did you feel restriction after your first fill? Great to hear that you are down 40 pounds.

Hey there Connecticut Bandsters. I just got my surgery date of 11/24/08 and I'm so excited! It will be at Yale New Haven Hospital and Dr. Duffy will be the surgeon. Anyone out there had their surgeries at YNHH that would like to share stories?

Hi All

My name is Chris and I have been banded since 9/19/07 and have lost 66 lbs. I work for a major construction company and looking at relocating to New Haven to build a power plant at Yale. I am looking for information on rental costs and places to stay. At this time Iam looking at a 1 bedroom place. Details are still being workout and not sure if it will happen or not. You can e-mail me at vcw61@excite.com if you have any information. Also I notice the airlines go into Hartford but I have heard they also come to New Haven. I have not been able to find out much information. If I do come I would love to get together on a monthly basis. I will be the minority of the group. How many males do we have in this group. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Hey Jesangel76!! I was banded by Dr. Kurt Roberts who is part of Duffy's group. I was at Yale New-Haven and had a great experience. The office staff is extremely attentive and I am so impressed that they ALWAYS answer the phone!!!

My follow-up visits have been very positive and have been filled by Dr. Roberts himself. He is a great doctor with an exceptional bedside manner!!!

All the best to you!!!

Hello everyone,

I live in Hartford and am having surgery at Hartford Hospital on Jan. 10th. Any words of wisdom for a newbie?

:thumbdown:

I was banded at HH also...last March

Dr Tishler is wonderful. Peter the APRN is terrific. They are a group who are pretty aggressive with the fills and really listen to their patients. Know that after the surgery it will be 6 weeks before you get your first fill and you are not restricted. My first fill was 4.5 cc...and I am now at 7 cc and have found my sweet spot.

It isn't a quick fix and you will have to get to know how to work with your band. I do NOT diet I eat what I want just a whole lot less of it. I can't eat bread or rice and I'm not a soda drinker.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

The 10th was a Saturday I didn't know they did surgery on Saturdays...

sharon:)

There is a person in the Yahoo Groups that lives over in the North Windham a suburb of Willimantic that is looking for a support group that would be close to Hartford, Ct. She see Dr. Amy Barba, but because of current conditions she is unable to get to the doctor and have here band checked for a leak and to get it fixed and a fill. I do not have many details at this time. I had told here about this site and she did not know about it. I gave here the information and told here I would post here and see if any one could help and if there was a support group in Hartford. If anyone can help please let me know and I will forward it on to here.

Thanks

Chris