Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Chicago sleevers

Hello, I'm about 2 months pre op and wondering is the anyone else on here that's in my city that's about to change their lives ...

Hi! I'm out in aurora - 3 1/2 wks post op. I had surgery at Rush University, where are you having surgery?

I'm going to Northwestern memorial hospital, downtown Chicago... I'm so excited & anxious to get it over with ... How do you feel now that's you've been sleeved ...lol

I feel FANTASTIC. I haven't felt hungry, I have no nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.. I did get constipated a couple of times, but I have Colace now and I've been fine. I don't have any issues with gas or how I eat. I make sure I chew more than I did before, but the size of my bites and size of my sips feels pretty close to pre-op. I know some people have gas issues and have to sip/eat in much smaller portions, but since about day 3, I've been pretty close to normal.

The only things that bug me is that I still get some soreness from the incisions if I try to do to much. It's not so bad that I can't keep doing what I'm doing, but it's there. Also, I'm a side sleeper and it's still not comfortable for me to roll to my side yet. I've been sleeping upright because laying flat on my back all night makes my back ache. Other than that, I'm feeling really good.

I'm down 25lbs in 3 1/2 wks... maybe a lil more, haven't weight myself in a few days.

I'm still amazed at lunch when a little 4 oz container of cottage cheese fills me up! I think this has really gone as good as can be expected, and I'm so grateful for it!

You sound like you're doing great... I hope that my surgery goes as well as yours... 25 lbs gone in 3 weeks that's amazing!!!

Im from Chicago. IM having it done at UIC were I had my transplant. Still waiting for my surgery date.Im so extremely excited and scared

Willycq, so you've finished all of your pre op classes? I'm down to my last 2 & I can't wait ...

Hi Tevida! I'm from Chicago and also a Northwestern patient. I'm scheduled for June 4th. Which surgeon do you have? It's very, very cool to find someone at the same hospital! The last two months will go by REALLY fast, you'll see!

Hi Tevida! I'm from Chicago and also a Northwestern patient. I'm scheduled for June 4th. Which surgeon do you have? It's very' date=' very cool to find someone at the same hospital! The last two months will go by REALLY fast, you'll see![/quote']

Hello FindingElise... I'm going to see Dr. Nagle ... June 4th that's awesome!!! I have my 3rd class with Laurie on June 18th... I'm hoping to have my 4th class early July rather than the end of the month... Oh... Did you have to do a liquid diet before surgery ... I don't recall anyone saying anything about that ?

I'm on day 2 of the pre op diet, and it really isn't too bad.

It's not a liquid diet. It's high Protein and low carb. It requires 8 ounces of vegetables, 4 ounces of fruit, two frozen diet meals OR 6-8 ounces of lean fish or poultry, and a Protein shake (aiming for 60-100 grams of Protein daily). We're allowed approximately 117-133 g of carbohydrates, 61+ protein, and 870 - 1070 calories.

I lost 11 lbs while attending the classes, but managed to regain 14 or so while waiting for insurance approval. I hope to make the most of the next 8 days!

Hello FindingElise... I'm going to see Dr. Nagle ... June 4th that's awesome!!! I have my 3rd class with Laurie on June 18th... I'm hoping to have my 4th class early July rather than the end of the month... Oh... Did you have to do a liquid diet before surgery ... I don't recall anyone saying anything about that ?

I'm on day 2 of the pre op diet' date=' and it really isn't too bad.

It's not a liquid diet. It's high Protein and low carb. It requires 8 ounces of vegetables, 4 ounces of fruit, two frozen diet meals OR 6-8 ounces of lean fish or poultry, and a Protein shake (aiming for 60-100 grams of Protein daily). We're allowed approximately 117-133 g of carbohydrates, 61+ protein, and 870 - 1070 calories.

I lost 11 lbs while attending the classes, but am now a few pounds over my starting weight. I hope to make the most of the next 8 days!

[/quote']

How soon after your 3rd class did you get scheduled for the forth & even after the 4th ... How long did you have to wait for your date??? Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions... I'm super curious. I was told to start drinking Protein shakes now. So I drink them once daily, usually in the AM. 8 days away from the surgery is super cool... I'm gonna be cheering you on! Just make sure you get your Water in... I've lost weight only since I've been drinking the protein shakes... But when I went to see the nutritionist a couple weeks ago, I drank a Protein Shake on my way there and by the time I got there I felt like my hands and feet were swollen .. So of course they said I gained weight... Bummer!

Hello' date=' I'm about 2 months pre op and wondering is the anyone else on here that's in my city that's about to change their lives ...[/quote']

I was soo about to post this, I was wondering the same thing.. Just getting started.., went to the seminar on the this month on 14th, the NP on the 21st.. I see the NUT on the 28th & the psych on the 31st.. (All in the same month) Things are moving right along. I hope everything else goes as smooth as they have thus far.. Just wanted to send well wishes to those pre & post op & many blessings to u all on ur journeys!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm going to Northwestern memorial hospital' date=' downtown Chicago... I'm so excited & anxious to get it over with ... How do you feel now that's you've been sleeved ...lol[/quote']

Whose ur surgeon.. Im going with Dr Hungness.. NMH

Hey ladies, I am about an hour west of Chicago. Just wanted to pop in and say Good Luck! I cant imagine my life any other way now. This was the best decision i ever made!

Hey ladies' date=' I am about an hour west of Chicago. Just wanted to pop in and say Good Luck! I cant imagine my life any other way now. This was the best decision i ever made![/quote']

Thank you & congratz on to u on ur new journey, how far out r u? I hope I feel the same way afterwards, im scared & excited..