Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was doing pretty good, been steadily losing about 2 to 3 pounds a week. I was so excited last week cause I was in the very low 160s, 151 will be my hundred pound mark. Then in the last 4 days I've gained 3 pounds without a change in my eating or workout habits. Ugh so frustrating, I really want to hit my 100 pound mark by the time my hubby come to visit in mid June! Have any of you had any weird random gain. I am thinking maybe I'm hitting my 6 month Stall a little bit late. Hope it doesn't last to long, I can finally see my 100 pound mark and so want to reach it!

The scale says one thing but the way you look and feel say another! Don't focus on the scale for a little bit and trust me keep doing your thang! You will get to your goal, you are beautiful amazing...at 160 and you will be at 150! I wish you the best and continue to do your thing! Looking up to you!

The more you stress about it, the harder it will be to achieve. Put the scale away for a week or more, and stick to what you've been eating and exercise. The stress and anxiety around trying to get to that number is going to keep you from getting there.

You have done awesome!!

So it has been 2 years and I am down 103 lbs since my surgery.... I feel as though I have reached my plateau.. But getting frustrated because while the scale says I have not gained weight I feel like I have.... Anyone else experiencing this..??

Couple things:

Our biology, especially women, naturally stores fat for the winter.

If you live there's a white winter, you WILL pack on at least a couple pounds- holidays not included.

Women's bodies do this to protect the continuance of the species- best chance of survival during the days when starvation was a huge possibility for the Paleos. Even if there wast much food, the fat stores would ensure enough energy to produce milk to nurse the babies. This biological response to winter & cold weather is NOT so great for us now in 2014 when starvation is much less of an issue for most of the population.

Don't worry about it! Just go with it. Sprintime brings with it, a natural shedding of those excess pounds when everything comes back to life.

The other thing- I learned from experience-

Sometimes, I cut calories so far down, I couldn't lose an ounce, much less a pound. I researched it. What I discovered is that you have to eat enough calories so the body has enough energy to lose weight.

Remember, burning fat is literally like a furnace burning (whatever kind of) energy.

You have to put in enough energy for it to burn. If you don't the furnace will go out.

I've noticed that when I listen to my bod and have an "eating day" once in awhile where I'm either grazing all day or eat bigger than usual meals- THAT's when I drop the pounds.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but that's how it works.

Of course, there's that fine line- if we eat too much too many days in a row, we gain.

Best wishes for reaching your goal! :)

Also- feeling like you've gained when the scale says you haven't could be an indication that you're not eliminating effectively, literally, you could be full of shit & bloated from it. It's SO important to be mindful about that- our bodies reabsorb the toxins of we don't eliminate leading to lethargy, brain fog, and a host of other health issues we don't usually "connect" with pooping.

No need to have your 1st go-to solution be laxatives. We become addicted to them and before we know, our bodies can't eliminate without them. Laxitives should only be used if everything else fails- requires patience to allow our bodies to self-correct naturally.

What I usually do is back off a dietary step or two. Give my belly a break. back to soft foods (easier to digest) or liquids for a day or several.

Next thing I know, I'm a super-pooper for a day

and feeling fab once again. ;)