Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Is anyone here a patient of Dr. Davey/Dr. Birch in Edmonton?

Views
Started by ~Pam~, Dec 07, 2006 2:49 AM
20 replies to this topic
20 replies to this topic

~Pam~

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted December 7, 2006 - 2:49 AM

Hi everyone! :)

I'm on the waiting list for Drs. Davey/Birch at the Royal Alexandra Hospital here in Edmonton. I was told to expect a call in early 2008 for an initial consultation with their nurse sometime between April-June 2008.

I am curious if anyone else here had their Lap Band surgery with either Dr. Davey or Dr. Birch that could tell me what to expect (what the process is after the initial consultation) and what you think of the doctors and their after-surgery care, etc.

Thank you!!! :(

becca77

Junior Guru

Posted December 7, 2006 - 8:08 PM

Wow Pam, no I don't know anyone who has been banded at the RAH but I am from Edmonton...sorry I can't be of more help.

~Pam~

Posted December 7, 2006 - 8:16 PM

Hi Becca! :wave:

Your surgery date is sure coming up fast! Who is doing your surgery?

argon

Bariatric Hero

• My Blogs
Posted December 7, 2006 - 8:16 PM

Hi Pam, I too have never seen anyone around here done by Davey/Birch. They're probably all still waiting too! Sorry, bad joke.

I'm on the waiting list for a consult with Davey and Birch for an RNY, and still haven't gotten that call! If I ever do, I think I might just pass it up :)

~Pam~

Posted December 7, 2006 - 8:40 PM

Hi Pam, I too have never seen anyone around here done by Davey/Birch. They're probably all still waiting too! Sorry, bad joke.

You could be quite right though! Their waiting list is long! I've met several people online who had their RNY with Davey/Birch but never anyone who got a Lap Band. I'm starting to wonder if I'm their very first Lap patient or something. *looks around nervously*

Anyway, nice to meet you argon! :wave:

becca77

Junior Guru

Posted December 7, 2006 - 9:04 PM

Dr. Coburn in Toronto is doing my surgery. I'm going the self pay route though. That was a funny comment Argon. Why haven't we seen anyone banded in Edmonton around here? I know they do it here....hmmmmm

~Pam~

Posted December 7, 2006 - 9:11 PM

Are you going to Toronto to avoid the long waiting lists in Edmonton?

becca77

Junior Guru

Posted December 7, 2006 - 9:36 PM

Yes, exactly, and I don't want to go through all the red tape with the insurance company and then find out in the end I won't be approved.

argon

Bariatric Hero

• My Blogs
Posted December 7, 2006 - 9:42 PM

I don't know why there aren't any Edmonton bandsters... maybe there are and they're too shy to speak up? I honestly think there are alot of people who go into things like the lapband not knowing ANYthing about it. They might have gotten lucky, and got in on the lapband test group, and just went for it, cause it was faster.

We are SO lucky to have access to the kind of people and information you can get here. And Pam, if nothing else, you are going to be SO ready and prepared for it when it happens for you!

I used to live in Edmonton, and Spruce Grove!

Are you going to go to Calgary for fills, Becca?

***edited to add: I'm an idiot! Sherriberri was banded in Alberta. Pretty sure she said by Dr. Davey! You need to talk to her! Hopefully she'll chime in soon ***

becca77

Junior Guru

Posted December 7, 2006 - 10:23 PM

Actually Dr.Coburn is coming to Edmonton this month to train a doc so I'm in luck, I just hope he's good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Featured Surgeons

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Sep 30
    Zoey716

Why is it when I am finally excited and getting into fitness that people are...

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Topics with No Reply