Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How will you know if your band has slipped???

Guest peace4

Thanks friend, I just called DOC and I am going to be looked at on Monday. I love losing and but I do not want to damage my body that is why I am going through all of this stuff for. I have lost my 43 year old sister to Obesity. I do not want to be like that. Thanks for your support.

Hi,

I have a funny taste in my mouth after eating and my food is not digesting at night. I can now eat more than I used to on some occasions does anyone know what is wrong?

Also can we use the power plates at the gym?

Nikki,

I have no idea about the weird taste in your mouth. I have never experienced that. Except when I chew my Vitamins..but that's just because they taste funny. *shrug*

I can eat more on some occations as well. It all depends on what I'm eating how much i can eat. Soft foods I can eat a lot more of than say some chicken. That's why they tell us to start with Proteins first. They fill you up the most and the quickest. :wink_smile:

I've never plates. I don' tknow why you wouldn't be able to do it, unless you some how dig into your port or something. I've heard plates are a fantastic work out tho.

Best of luck.

Thanks,

I have had my band in for two years now. The plates make a vibration so that is what I was wondering about. Wouild the vibrations do anything to the stomach?

I have had a slipped band so I know what it was like for me. I had a port replacement and during the procedure they pulled too hard and slipped the band.

I could keep NOTHING down, not even Water. I was in a HUGE amount of pain. I was refluxing 24/7. It was bad.....I think you know when you are slipped because of the pain!

I can say though that I am still 2.5 years post op and don't wat before 11 am. I can't. It is just the way my band is. Quite fickle really!

Hello, I had the surgery seven months ago and I did very well for the first 4 to 5 months losing 50lbs. Well over the holidays I seemed to be able to eat anything and everything. I felt as if I had no restrictions. Earlier this week I think I ate one chip too many. I started to feel overstuffed. No throwing up but stuffed pain on the left side of my stomach. Does anyone think I have slippage or bulging. It feels like a dull pain or sore muscles every time I inhale or suck my stomach in - Can anyone give any advice on this one?? I have a Dr. appointment in five days and I'm wondering if I should try to see someone sooner.

Hello, I had the surgery seven months ago and I did very well for the first 4 to 5 months losing 50lbs. Well over the holidays I seemed to be able to eat anything and everything. I felt as if I had no restrictions. Earlier this week I think I ate one chip too many. I started to feel overstuffed. No throwing up but stuffed pain on the left side of my stomach. Does anyone think I have slippage or bulging. It feels like a dull pain or sore muscles every time I inhale or suck my stomach in - Can anyone give any advice on this one?? I have a Dr. appointment in five days and I'm wondering if I should try to see someone sooner.

I think you should go to your doctor ASAP. It may be something small but equally you are in pain so you could possibly have a slip or your port may have twisted or bulging. It is hard to tell but in anycase if you can not get to the doctors immedietly go back to as much of a liquid diet as possible so that it is easier on your stomach.

Good Luck:redface:

I have a similar situation since my last fill in November, I have to sip warn liquid in the morning and can't really eat until later in the day. Sometimes I can eat and other times, I am confined to just liquids. Sometimes even soft foods bother me. The last couple of days, I can only get fluids down with a lot of gurgling, but really not much pain. Just pressure from the stuff going down. I don't know if this is normal or not.