Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is my bike and i throw the husband in the back..... lol.... Just kidding. For real though... it's for sale down the bayou where we go fishing.

We started with a Dyna Wide Glide. I wanted my own so i bought a 883 low custom.... But i was the only female in our "group" riding alone and felt out of place. so we traded his wide glide and my 883 and got the Black Ultra Classic...

post-74134-0-71387000-1432822356_thumb.jpg

post-74134-0-82525400-1432822371_thumb.jpg

I don't ride anymore but back in the old days I had a 1983 KZ440. I still have my leather jacket. Maybe I'll fit into it again some day.

2012 Harley-Davidson Road-Glide Ultra

Hope I can get back on it after surgery (it's a heavy bi**h)

Great riding weather here in north Florida in September. Surgery is 8/10.

I hope that 3 weeks is ok recovery before getting back on the bike.

I don't know man, at 3 weeks I was so tired and got dizzy pretty easily that I would never consider riding my bike. And it's about 300lbs lighter than a Road Glide. Then there is also the vibrations from a Harley. I really don't think it would feel good!

I mainly tinkered after the surgery. At least I was spending quality time with the girl!

I was riding less than a week after my surgery. I also went back to work 18 days after my surgery. Not that I am a superman or anything, I just didnt have any issues or pain. My doctor was fine with it and gave her approval.

My husband rides and sells Harley Davidson's. I've been terrified to get on the back of it with him because I'm so heavy. He literally begs me to give it a try so I promised after surgery I'll ride with him. What he doesn't know is a secretly wish I can get my own someday and we can take trips together. ????

I was riding less than a week after my surgery. I also went back to work 18 days after my surgery. Not that I am a superman or anything, I just didnt have any issues or pain. My doctor was fine with it and gave her approval.

Wow, that's impressive! I was back to work at 7 days, but I have a desk job. I am pretty sure it was two months before I rode my bike. But, like so many other things about this surgery, it all comes down to the individual.

I have a 1999 Yamaha V-Star 650 just learning to ride

My husband just traded our 07 Yamaha V-Star 1100 for 06 Yamaha Road Star Silverado Midnight

I ride a 2004 BMW R1150R. post-242580-14374209583726_thumb.jpg

Ooh! A fellow sport tourer! How long have you been riding LisaLou? Any other cool bikes in your past?

Edit

I ride a 2004 Honda ST1300 and hope to get a few long rides in before my surgery on September 1st.

I will probably wait at least a few weeks before getting back on the bike and a bit longer before taking any long trips. If things go well I may attempt a post sleeve SaddleSore ride

ST1300's are wonderful touring bikes! Good friend of mine just sold his last year with 150K miles. The rides that bike has seen are enough to make me green with jealousy!

@@BigViffer

I ride a BMW R1150R.

I had responded to your previous post, but I was using my tablet and things go kablooey on bariatric pal with tablets sometimes. I typed 2 paragraphs about bikes that I've had and how much I like this sport tourer only to have it all disappear, and then "edit"showed up. Ha ha, I don't know how it does things like that.