Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

arizona doctor willing to do fills for mexican band patients.

hi my fellow bandsters. one of the er doctors i work with is willing to go to mexico with me to my doctor, to learn how to do fills and unfills. are there many people in the phoenix area that would be interested in using this doctor instead of going to mexico. id like feedback.

i had a bad episode of gerd last week and went to the er. i was lucky that this great doc was working, he offered to take some fill out if i told him what to do. i knew what to do and walked him through it. thank god, i was completely swelled shut . anyone interested in learning more can pm me. id like to let him know . i think it is great also to know there is a er doc that "gets it", and you can go to in an emergency. he is willing to learn and provide the service if enough people are interested. it would be cheaper and less time consuming than the trip to mexico. :clap2:

I would be very happy to have a Doc in this area. Hope he would be reasonable,if so he would be so busy! Nice talking to you,let me know.

It's a myth that docs won't take new patients banded elsewhere.

I've not met one yet and I've called and went to dozens of offices.

Grace, I called a clinic in Washington state the other day to check on their availability. They refused to take on anyone banded in Mexico. Maybe it's not the case in your area, but it is true elsewhere.

Guys, that may be true...call someone and tell them you went to Mexico...they will probably get a tad upset that you took their prospective income...elsewhere.

So they may refuse to see you.

But, call them...tell them you are new to the area....BINGO

Not had anyone turn me away.

Of course, I am sort of new to the area...

Guys, that may be true...call someone and tell them you went to Mexico...they will probably get a tad upset that you took their prospective income...elsewhere.

So they may refuse to see you.

But, call them...tell them you are new to the area....BINGO

Not had anyone turn me away.

Of course, I am sort of new to the area...

I have had two different surgeons in Tucson tell me they would not provide fills/aftercare for me. I AM new to this area, so I TRIED that route. No go. My banding will be done by a US surgeon... didn't seem to matter to them.

Surgeons do not want the liability of someone else's surgery. Period. I did find a practice in Tempe that will take on aftercare and they were WONDERFUL on the phone.

Dr. DeBarros & Dr. Orris

This is what I was quoted:

$500 to become patient

$370 for first 2 fills (done with Ultrasound)

$265 for each fill after

One year out they do a scan (ETG?) to make sure it is still placed properly and not slipping. This is covered my most insurances, even if you were self pay.

I am still waiting for some call backs from other surgeons. Hopefully I can find one here in Tucson.

It's a myth that docs won't take new patients banded elsewhere.

I've not met one yet and I've called and went to dozens of offices.

Not a myth at all. It's a country wide problem. There is a doc about 20 miles from me that will do fills, the next doc is about 2.5 hours from me. ALL other docs refuse to fill Mexican banded patients or patients they did not operate on.

I just go to my surgeon, most of his patients do. It's about a 3.5 hour drive and we have fun while in Mexico. We spend the night, go shopping, do all kinds of things.

I am also in Tucson and banded in Tiquana 2005 but need a fill close to home. Can anyone recommend someone and cost. If too much in USA can anyone recommend anyone in Nogalas Mx and cost. I love Tiquana but trip is too long and working 2 jobs. Thanks for any responses.

I am also in Tucson and banded in Tiquana 2005 but need a fill close to home. Can anyone recommend someone and cost. If too much in USA can anyone recommend anyone in Nogalas Mx and cost. I love Tiquana but trip is too long and working 2 jobs. Thanks for any responses.

Nope, not in Nogales. That's like the armpit of Mexico. I know of two band surgeons and wouldn't go to either one.

There is a doc that wants to learn the process and he'd be great after he has a little practice but I don't know of anyone there I would send anyone to.

I know of Berger in Flagstaff, he does it under fluoro for $200 every other Saturday and my surgeon, Aceves in Mexicali. That is $175 under fluoro.

hi my fellow bandsters. one of the er doctors i work with is willing to go to mexico with me to my doctor, to learn how to do fills and unfills. are there many people in the phoenix area that would be interested in using this doctor instead of going to mexico. id like feedback.

i had a bad episode of gerd last week and went to the er. i was lucky that this great doc was working, he offered to take some fill out if i told him what to do. i knew what to do and walked him through it. thank god, i was completely swelled shut . anyone interested in learning more can pm me. id like to let him know . i think it is great also to know there is a er doc that "gets it", and you can go to in an emergency. he is willing to learn and provide the service if enough people are interested. it would be cheaper and less time consuming than the trip to mexico. :clap2:

DO you know of a dr in Tucson that does fills? If not I would be interested in knowing about yours.

Thank you

Hi - You mentioned you Dr in Mexico is about 2.5 hours away. I'm just wondering where you live? I live in QueenCreek and have to go to TJ for my fills.