Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

kicked off of a fair ride....

I couldn't go on the harry potter ride in Orlando. I honestly kind of expected it, but my wife still insisted I stand in line for 45 mins. Glad she had fun. Oh, was that bitter?

I couldn't go on the harry potter ride in Orlando. I honestly kind of expected it, but my wife still insisted I stand in line for 45 mins. Glad she had fun. Oh, was that bitter?

Hang in there! This will be an NSV for you and your smile will be huge!! :)

I am a teacher and I took my students to an amusement park to learn about physics. I tried to get on first ride but wouldn't fit. I jumped off before my students noticed but that was the last ride I attempted that day. That was my moment that I decided I was done with being fat. I don't want my weight to limit what I can do in this life. I was sleeved on Dec 17th and I've lost 40 lbs so far. A few weeks ago I went back to the same amusement park with my students and I rode EVERYTHING! It was exhilarating and very rewarding.

This happened to me a few years ago. I haven't been back to a fair, any fair, since. I was so embarrassed. Just thinking about it makes my eyes well up. I can't wait to get this weight off.

Happened to me too, 14 years ago, and I will never forget that moment, and the embarassment I had to of caused my son.

I went back to California to visit friends this summer. I thought it would be awesome to go to Raging Waters. But then I did a little research. Half the slides are two person only and if I went with anyone else we'd exceed the weight limit. Even though I was alone sitting at my computer I was devastated. I don't really like theme parks because I'm not an adrenalin junkie, I don't like roller coasters anyway. But I love Water parks. The realization that I can't even enjoy 75% of things at a Water park was a blow. I think I've made my decision now. I'm tired. I'm tired of being tired. Tired of being slow and unable/unallowed to do things. I've contacted a clinic and been approved as a candidate. Not to just see if I can rally my family around me for funding. A new graduate school graduate doesn't have the kind of insurance or money to do this kind of thing lol.

I went back to California to visit friends this summer. I thought it would be awesome to go to Raging Waters. But then I did a little research. Half the slides are two person only and if I went with anyone else we'd exceed the weight limit. Even though I was alone sitting at my computer I was devastated. I don't really like theme parks because I'm not an adrenalin junkie, I don't like roller coasters anyway. But I love Water parks. The realization that I can't even enjoy 75% of things at a water park was a blow. I think I've made my decision now. I'm tired. I'm tired of being tired. Tired of being slow and unable/unallowed to do things. I've contacted a clinic and been approved as a candidate. Not to just see if I can rally my family around me for funding. A new graduate school graduate doesn't have the kind of insurance or money to do this kind of thing lol.

With obamacare you can now get assistance paying yor premiums. Go to healthcare.gov and get that started.

With obamacare you can now get assistance paying yor premiums. Go to healthcare.gov and get that started.

Thank's Jersrose. But I'm on Medicaid and the hoops are extensive and time consuming. I've spent my whole life in this state of being obese and watching others live life. I don't think I want to spend another year doing it and jumping through hoops.

This thread has gone a long way to helping me feel like less of a freak. I was kicked off the first coaster I ever tried to ride. I was 14. 17 years later and I still tell people that they scare me.

When I was 21, I went to a movie with my then boyfriend. It was an old theatre. I sat down and the chair broke. The entire theater turned to stare at me. (It was packed)

The other thing that resonated for me was the fear that my weight would make something malfunction. For example, elevators, planes, rides, floors, ect. I am all glad I am not alone

I haven't told him because I don't want to hurt his feelings but this is one of my goals for my husband! We are both having VSG. We carry our weight very different, his belly is huge and the rest of him "normal". When he loses enough gut I want to go to an amusement park! He has stuffed himself in the rides at our local fair this summer but there would be no way he would make it next year if we kept the same habits . . . looking forward to next summer. BTW, I didn't have to stuff myself in the rides because I was "holding the baby".

I'm a Girl Scout troop leader and took my troop to Six Flags this past summer. When we got off one of the roller coasters we went to look at the photos that they take as we walked up some teenagers were making fun of the fat Muslim lady (me) that was really one of my wake up calls.

I really want to ride the Harry Potter ride at Universal Studios. It is probably the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I really started thinking about WLS after our last trip to Orlando.

I really want to ride the Harry Potter ride at Universal Studios. It is probably the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I really started thinking about WLS after our last trip to Orlando.

..... I went last year and I just barely fit ....my wake up call was flying to Mexico this year and had no slack on the seatbelt and could just barely buckle it my husband was staring the whole time ...didn't say anything lucky for him , but his expression said it all .

I was at six flags great adventure and got on the scream machine. The ride person try to lock me in. When she notice she couldnet she smiled and said you have that solid fat. I got off and walked away so embarrassed. That was my wake up call

Spent an entire trip to cedar point one year in tears. I was able to ride one ride but spent the rest of the trip waiting while the rest of my family rode the rides. I'll never forget that disappointment. Hoping that all goes well with my upcoming surgery and I can ride every single ride!