Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

kicked off of a fair ride....

I just never really get out like I used to. before surgery I just felt uncomfortable especially in my work uniform, I always felt like I would never be comfortable but now I'm getting there.

I live in Orlando FL near Disney' date=' Universal Studios, and Sea World. I practically grew up riding roller coasters here. My most embarrassing moment was about 3 or 4 years ago when I went to Busch Gardens Tampa and couldn't get on one of the rides. I was with my sister and guy friend who I was crushing on at the time. I knew I had to do something about my weight if I wanted to go do the fun and adventurous things I wanted to do. I only learned about bariatric surgery this year and I'm currently pre-op with Dr. Kim at Celebration Hospital (no surgery date yet). I'm 23 now and plan on going sky diving when I reach my goal weight or for my 25th birthday (whichever comes first).[/quote']

I am preop with dr. Kim too moody!

I had my surgery July 11th and last weekend we went to Bush Gardens Williamsburg which is great but I rode most of the rides except one which I had to get off because I was to big. Yes this was very embarrassing especially since I had lost 77 pounds since February. I can not wait to go again after more weight loss and ride what ever I want.

Do you have a date yet? My PCP hasn't given me clearance yet because I'm low on Iron and slightly anemic.

I am October 11

Congratulations!

I don't have a roller coaster story. I've always loved them but as my weight increased I avoided them all together. Also having those fears that I alone would break the ride.

My story is that one day while volunteering at my daughter's kindergarten class I heard a little boy say to my daughter "your mom is so fat". Now' date=' I could care less about what a five year old has to say, but it was the feeling that I have now embarrassed my daughter and put her in a position to have to defend her mom. She just replied "yes, but she's so beautiful" . My eyes filled with tears and I will never forget that day.[/quote']

Wow, you have an amazing daughter!

I definitely know the feeling. I was kicked off a kidie roller coaster at at branson with my son. I was so embarrassed. That was 10 yrs ago. This yr we went back and I just didn't ride any. I told my husband I would ride them next time we went. Sleeved a week ago. Next summet, Florida here we come!

I took my two kids and family to a city fair and was told by the employee I was too heavy or big to ride as the safety strap would not close. I am 30 mother of two girls and been in a relationship for 13 years, never thought I would be so embarrassed. I am 5' 4" & 269lbs this has never happened. I can not wait Abby longer for my surgery to come so I can live life. How can you all relate.

Well I broke my hip and pelvis and have major problems with chairs with arms. I have had a bunch of embarrassing things happen. I was screamed at by numerous people rude comments. Like one group of guys yelled "I love Cake!!" Then I was walking with a cane some chick yelled "lose some weight!" Some teenagers were trying to pick on me in supermarket because I have trouble walking and use the electric carts. My husband had to go to the hospital for back surgery and ended up sitting in the floor because it was too painful to sit in the chairs with arms, and that's all they had. I am looking forward to not having to ask "Is the chairs there without arms?"

I'm so sorry! I hate when I walks into a place & have to judge. Ok can that hold me... Will I fit.... I'm losing but I still do that. Sadly I think I always will. Since surgery I've list just over 40lbs. Pre-op I've lost just over 50. I still feel the same. With my work I walked into an appointment & started sweating. I hate that I still see myself at 300+ lbs. I'm not where I want to be. But I am smaller! :)

I was always a ride girl! Never afraid & loved them!! A few years ago when I got to my most heaviest, I just stopped. I feared things malfunctioning or wires snapping because of the force my body would put on everything. Last year before Hurricane Sandy, my family went to Seaside Heights & everyone was riding the rides, except me. I was attempting to go on a haunted house ride with my brother but my sister subltly stopped me & urged me to look at the size of the cars that I would have to sit in. Needless to say, I skipped that ride as well.

Well I didn't know that would be my last chance to ride the Wild Mouse, since it ended up in the Atlantic Ocean a few months later :(

I'm 2 weeks post op & one my main motivations is to lose weight so I can COMFORTABLY & WITHOUT ANXIETY ride any ride in any amusement park anywhere!!! Plus I think the less I weigh, the faster I will fly down those Water slides!!

Congrats to everyone for continuing to reach for their goals & get healthy!!

It's happened to me too. I even went to Orlando where they have a few seats on the rides for big people and I was STILL too big! Not anymore :) I can sit comfortably in an airplane seat, use the belt (no extender) and I believe I am under the weight limit to use the slides in Water parks, so I am looking forward to summer. Of course I am going to look very, uh, interesting in a bathing suit, but who cares?

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D !!!

I didn't know there was a weight limit for Water slides. I have been going for ages and maybe I could have ended up killing myself! Oh well.................... I'm still here!

Done the ride thing, done the Water slide thing. It is absolutely mortifying...

Yay us and our soon-to-be 'skinny' backsides ;)

About 9 years ago (I was 21 years old and about 260lbs) I went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. Apollo's Chariot had just opened. I was so excited! I was there with my sister, her boyfriend, and my girlfriend at the time. We were all set to board the ride. I sat down and began pulling the lap bar down. It wouldn't lock. One of the ride attendants came over to help. He pushed and pushed, but it still would not lock. After several attempt they ended up releasing everyone's seats so that I could exit the ride. It was humiliating! I haven't been on a ride since. I am now at my heaviest weight, 299.6, and I am going through the process to have my surgery in June. It is the best decision I have ever made! I am taking back control of my life!

Wow, I knew other people had it happen before but I finally don't feel embarrassed saying I too was put off my first ride ever after purchasing my first season pass with all intentions to spend every weekend at six flags....$80 bucks for embarrassment with my closest friends and daughter watching...smh.

After my surgery I will be back in full force and even be able to meet weight requirements for zip lining also!!!