Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

having bathroom problems

Please help im having a hard time going to the bathroom Im so constipated. Is anyone else having this problem?

I wish I could help. I was sleeved on Tuesday and haven't had a BM I don't really feel constipated but I feel I should have went by now. I'll be getting some metamusil today, hopefully that help. I would suggest doing the same good luck.

Take a laxative or enema now!! I was impacted and had to go to the hospital and I would not wish that pain on my worse enemy! Get your plumbing moving!!

It is very common to be constipated after this surgery. If you are following a low carb high Protein diet you are probably not getting much Fiber. I personally take benefiber x2 daily to prevent Constipation, I have read that a lot of people seem to like Miralax also. I also have a history of Diverticulitis which has been now flaring up because of the lack of fiber, believe me not very much fun at all, will probably need to increase my fiber supplement after I get the Diver healed up. Good Luck.

Why not have an all veggie day? Green smoothies are site to get you moving!! Also, chia seeds, soaked.

I had great success with the gentle laxative Senakote. It seemed pretty gentle and I took it every night till I felt like my bowls were back in to a good pattern. It sucks to be bound up but my doctor warned that I might not have a bowl movement up until 14 days after surgery. Good luck! The sooner the better when dealing with this.

It took 12 days for the plumbing to work. Honestly, I waited to long. I stared with milk of magnesia, then added prune juice, then colace (stool softener), then a fleet suppository. Then the magic happened. I did notice the pain meds kept the plumbing from working. I also was not drinking enough Fluid. We need 64 oz of fluid a day. At that point I was only drinking about 32 oz daily. Best Wishes....it will get better....

I had that problem for about 4-5 days after surgery and then it went away

I made sure I was getting my fluids in and the first day home I had a bm and another this morning. So make sure you get the liquids in to keep things flowing.

I am almost 6 months out and still have this problem from time to time. I have a marriage of different items I take but found once I could tolerate Prunes 2-4 a day does the trick and they are sweet and give me that feeling like I am eating candy..... They are 100 calories for 4 and lots of carbs but they do keep things moving ... good luck cause it sucks when your constipated :angry:

Thank you every one.

Every morning I fill a 64 oz pitcher with my crystal light and a cap full of Miralax. I make sure I drink the entire pitcher - this way I am getting a little help all day long. I know I will probably have to continue some form of this forever but I am ok with it - I also have a history of diverticulitis and have had surgery for perforations of the diverticuli so I am super sensitive about keeping things moving.

I had the same problem as you and was using Miralax which seemed to help. I wanted something more natural for the long term so I purchased Fiberwell gummies. Those worked for a week or so and then I was back to being constipated. I then tried FiberOne Cereal and have been eating that for the past week with some improvement. I'm afraid it may be time to try Colace. I hope you find something that works for you so you get relief soon.