Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

HEllo January Bandsters..Just wanted to let everyone know that it's official..as of yesterday at 2:00pm I AM A A BANDSTER 4 LIFE!!! I'm in pain, groggy, and full of hot airr...literaly...lol..I stayed overnight due to my low oxygen levels...but I'm home now...I'm going back to bed, but I thought I'd update you guys..Thansk fot the prayers!!! I'll post more when I can type and see teh screen better..Thys tylenol with codein is gggoooooood sttuuuffff!!!!! LOVE YA GUYS!! smooches....:kiss2:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

YIIIPPPEEEEE!!!!! You are in Bandland now!!!!!

I know it doesn't feel that great at the moment, but it passes pretty quick! Then it is fantastic!!! I was asking my husband what he saw in me that has changed these last 3 weeks and he said he notices that I am so happy and upbeat. I would get so depressed and desperate...

Don't forget your Gas X strips, heating pad and petho posititon!!!!!:faint:

I remember having the same pressure feeling and it felt awful. It didn't last past 4 days for me. I kept on taking the Gas X strips. I was super restricted in the beginning. Try little tiny sips of hot tea. I had to sip sip sip all day, tiny sips or I felt like I would cough it up. I start the day with hot coffee and that helped me especially in the beginning.

I didn' realize the smaller band gave restriction right away because I am 3 weeks out and still restricted. i can onlly get 1 cup of cream or puree Soup. Last night we went out for dinner and I ordered pureed spinach with cheese and I could only get about 1/4 a cup in before I hiccuped and knew I had to stop.

Also, I would put my heating pad on my chest and it comforted me!

Thank you so much, Audree. I was feeling pretty down this morning. I remember your suggestion from before about the heating pad. It really does help. My husband, is in the kitchen right now making me some hot tea. I'll get through this.

Edie

My Dr. in Mexico gave me a prescription for pain, antibiotics and something for gastritis. They all helped a great deal although I did use the gas x and chewable tylenol at the end of the pain pill cycle. Seemed to need just a little more when the pill was wearing off.

The gas pain for me rolled up my sturnum and just sat there. I discovered that if I could take in a deeper breath, it dissipated sooner. And it was all gone by day 4 or 5. Minimal stuff on day 4 for sure. Then I got this pain under my left collar bone, which I'm sure was gas and it came and went. Walking does help for all of this.

As for Constipation, I was having a bit of it and I went to the health food store and got some psyllium to just add to my drinks or broth. It works.

Shawn

Hello everyone,

I was banded on January 25th, two days ago. I ended up having to stay over night in the hospital. I was suppose to be in and out. Since I am self-pay that didn't exactly thrill me. But anyway, I'm home now. I felt really ill yesterday. I was trying to drink an ounce of liquids every 5-10 minutes. I got this terrible pain in my upper chest, like I was having a heart attack!

My doctor told me that he had put in a smaller band because my liver is enlarged and he wants me to get the weight off asap. So I am very restricted. Last night I woke up and took a crushed pepcid with a few sips of Water and vomited. I had that terrible pain in my chest again. Out of desperation, I went on line and saw that the GasX is a life saver. I didn't associate this pain with gas, I normally don't feel gas there. So anyway......it worked. Thank you, my fellow January Bandsters, if it wasn't for you I don't know what I would have done last night.

Since I am very restricted, I was wondering if there are any others out there who can tell me how to get in all this liquid in without vomiting? Did most of you get your liquids in the first couple days after surgery? My doctor made it sound like everyone is up to 62 oz. right away.

Help!

Edie:cry

208/208/120

Sacramento, CA

Banded by Dr. Cirangle, in San Francisco two days ago.

Hey BabyGotBack,

What is the appetite suppressant that you are using and where did you get it? Does your Dr. recommend it? Just curious.

I'm going to do the South Beach Challenge when I'm cleared for real food! I'm down 17 since two day out of the hospital and I don't know what my pre-op weight was (they did it in kilometers and I wasn't paying attention...).

For those going on this journey, I've not felt hungry once. After a few days you figure out how to get your liquids and Protein in. And I'm feeling, physically great. I still have that darn rash and can't figure it out. The Dr. thought it might be a virus? Which is a new concept for me, but I can deal with it for now. If it persists, I'll get in to my local Dr.

Have a great day all...

Shawn

Well today is day 4 and I feel pretty good, just a little soreness in the belly. I find that when I walk for a good while I start getting really sore in the stomach. I guess I am trying to do too much. I went to the store this morning for Protein Powder and my little girl decides she wants to walk around and look at everything, well that really wore me out.

If anyone is interested in a Protein Drink recipe, this is reallly good.

Take a 16oz bottle of Water one small pack of the orange crystal light, and one scoop of vanilla Protein powder. It is really good!

If anyone has bad shoulder pain from the gas, a heating pad works really good. Well I hope everyone is going great. My mom was bannded 1 hour before me and she is not feeling too good. She says she is really dizzy and light headed in the morning. She is getting a lot of protein and fluids in, so I don't know what would be doing that to her. Well i will chat with you guys later. Keep it up.

Here is the list I have - let me know if I missed anyone:

Txpeaches – 1/02/07

1721Summ – 1/02/07

Jenslapband – 1/02/07

Irishamerican – 1/02/07

Angy12314 (Jen) – 1/03/07

Kellie Reachell (Kellie) – 1/03/07

Skmsu (Susan) – 1/03/07

Cricket – 1/04/07

Babygotback (Audree) 1/05/07

Fiyagirl (Sherry) – 1/05/07

Tinabartlett – 1/05/07

Maillady2 – 1/05/07

Susantunanoodle (Susan) – 1/08/07

Eldonh – 1/08/07

Honeylin – 1/08/07

Tulip – 1/8/07

Girlinnyc – 1/08/07

SeattleEbeth – 1/09/07

Moog24 (Michelle – 1/09/07

PinkyBandito – 1/09/07

Bhamguy31 – 1/09/07

Cdgmom (Amy) – 1/09/07

Travelbug – 1/09/07

Klo (Kathy) – 1/10/07

Wph74 (Whitney) – 1/10/07

Angelburch – 1/10/07

Mindful (Paige) – 1/10/07

Mikeomando -1/10/07

Roses733 (Rose) – 1/11/07

Loridee (Lori) – 1/11/07

Sheilamj1fan (Sheila) – 1/11/07

Justine717 – 1/11/07

Patp98465 – 1/11/07

Mommi-hammi – 1/12/07

Rms78645 – 1/12/07

Inner_me (Chris) – 1/12/07

Cjkerr (Carole) – 1/12/07

InTheBreeze13 – 1/12/07

Saraincincy (Sara) – 1/13/07

Lala – 1/15/07

Happylady – 1/15/07

Patsygrn – 1/15/07

Andrea1973 – 1/15/07

Sula – 1/15/07

Smilliegal – 1/15/07

Peacej – 1/15/07

Slate2633 1/15/07

Pinky12202 (Linda) – 1/16/07

Marjon9 – 1/16/07

Sula (Shawn) – 1/16/07

Reesh – 1/16/07

Soon2bthin.com – 1/16/07

Bandqueen – 1/16/07

Enterprise01 – 1/17/07

Revolution – 1/17/07

Prissever – 1/17/07

Sunshine2 (Tonya) – 1/18/07

Sunnysea – 1/18/07

5jacks – 1/18/07

Imsusie0929 – 1/18/07

Stephanee – 1/18/07

Shellyfromohio (shelly) – 1/18/07

Phlyinphebee (Rene’) – 1/19/07

Nicknack34461 – 1/19/07

Shayne9927 (Shayne) - 1/19/07

Lap – 1/19/07

Deb-Texas – 1/19/07

Mammaw – 1/19/07

Cinward2001 (Cindy) – 1/19/06***

Jun0610 (Maria) – 1/22/07

Rsbell – 1/22/07

Purposedriven4 – 1/22/07

Ds5001ds – 1/22/07

Kilopitre – 1/23/07

Redstart – 1/24/07

Shesha – 1/25/07

Edieday (Edie) – 1/25/07

Huberslave – 1/25/07

Rockergirl – 1/25/07

A.Isabella – 1/25/07

Donnalynncrain – 1/25/06***

Shues138 (Andrea) – 1/26/07

Jeanettej505 – 1/26/07

Bandida – 1/26/07

Stacyrh – 1/29/07

Charlottesweb91 – 1/29/07

Trishd – 1/29/07

Sherilynn – 1/30/07

Texasbighair – 1/30/07

Gig8 (gigi) – 1/30/07

Cchristys – 1/30/07

Ladyleo868 (Christine) – 1/30/07

Kima – 1/30/07

Rsbg1 (Ted) – 1/31/07

TracyV – 1/31/07

Callieanna – 1/31/07

Sportsscribe – 1/31/07

Your247realtor – 1/31/07

1bunni4me – 1/31/07

Thatgirl – 1/31/07

Mfw1941 – 1/31/07

Lapbandhopeful – 2/02/07

<O:p</O:p

Oh, another thing...do you use the Gas-X strips?

Edie

Edie, I was using the strips, but I've found that the chewable tabs work MUCH better for me. They are a little stronger as two tabs has more simethicone than 2 strips!

HEllo January Bandsters..Just wanted to let everyone know that it's official..as of yesterday at 2:00pm I AM A A BANDSTER 4 LIFE!!! I'm in pain, groggy, and full of hot airr...literaly...lol..I stayed overnight due to my low oxygen levels...but I'm home now...I'm going back to bed, but I thought I'd update you guys..Thansk fot the prayers!!! I'll post more when I can type and see teh screen better..Thys tylenol with codein is gggoooooood sttuuuffff!!!!! LOVE YA GUYS!! smooches....:kiss2:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Congratulations!! Glad you are home and doing good :)

No one else had diarrhea?! I'm dying here! I am trying to add in some apple juice today (watered down), and I quit taking Maalox because of the magnesium. I actually had to use the bathroom at Meijer today because I knew I wouldn't make it home. Gross! At least it was clean. Seriously, what did you guys do to relieve this? I'm supposed to be on liquids for another week!

Maria

No one else had diarrhea?! I'm dying here! I am trying to add in some apple juice today (watered down), and I quit taking Maalox because of the magnesium. I actually had to use the bathroom at Meijer today because I knew I wouldn't make it home. Gross! At least it was clean. Seriously, what did you guys do to relieve this? I'm supposed to be on liquids for another week!

Maria

I suffered for about a week, it has since gone away. I still have 4 more days of liquids and haven't experienced anymore problems, so just hang in there.

Edie, I was using the strips, but I've found that the chewable tabs work MUCH better for me. They are a little stronger as two tabs has more simethicone than 2 strips!

Thanks, Juno610! Thank all of you for being so helpful. I don't have any regular Gas X but I do have Tums. Maybe I'll try that. Do you keep to the limit on the bottle or as needed? I'm feeling extremely nervous. I can't get comfortable. If I lay down my throat starts making these weird gurgling noises and I'm tired of sitting up. Whine, whine, whine. Okay, I'm done. I promise to be better tomorrow.

Edie

oh yeah, bought some straws too! figured I would get more h2o in that way...I am only taking off three days from work, and the weekend, so it will be five total..anyone else go back to work within a week?

I had surgery on a Wednesday and planned to go back to work the following Monday. I was still feeling weak on Monday, so I didn't go back to work until Tuesday. I think I had a harder time than a lot of people. It's all very individual.

My doc said no straws, too.

Good luck.

My Dr. in Mexico gave me a prescription for pain, antibiotics and something for gastritis. They all helped a great deal although I did use the gas x and chewable tylenol at the end of the pain pill cycle. Seemed to need just a little more when the pill was wearing off.

The gas pain for me rolled up my sturnum and just sat there. I discovered that if I could take in a deeper breath, it dissipated sooner. And it was all gone by day 4 or 5. Minimal stuff on day 4 for sure. Then I got this pain under my left collar bone, which I'm sure was gas and it came and went. Walking does help for all of this.

As for Constipation, I was having a bit of it and I went to the health food store and got some psyllium to just add to my drinks or broth. It works.

Shawn

Thanks Sula. I'll try the deeper breaths. I'm using a baby spoon and trying to just sip some green tea at 2-3 minute intervals.

Edie

Shawn

Thanks Sula. I'll try the deeper breaths. I'm using a baby spoon and trying to just sip some green tea at 2-3 minute intervals.

Edie

Maria

I called my doctor's office because I've been having the runs since surgery. The nurse said it was perfectly normal. She said being on a liquid or soft foods diet doesn't provide enough bulk, so everything tends to go right through. She told me I could go ahead and eat some dry toast or crackers if I wanted to. Of course, check with your doctor before you decide to deviate from his eating plan.