Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had mine done with the same Dr . I had it done on 29 th of Jan. he is awesome my one week check up I lost 14 pounds. I go back Wed. For my 3 week check up . I'm from New Iberia and ill help you in whatever you need . I will message you my number feel free to text me are call me anytime .

Stacie

Ok I want to get on the bandwagon...i'm scheduled with Dr. borland march 19!!!! So exited! Great reading all these posts. Good luck with your weight loss journey!

I'm scheduled with Dr Borland in 6 days. I'll be having surgery 2/25 the same day you come for consult. If you want to come by hotel and see me you can. Just to give you idea of how it goes. My mom and hubby are staying with me. I'll inbox you my #. He doesn't leave a drain (I asked) he does send you home with those leg pump things to prevent blood clots and you mail them back after 1 week. I suggest making a list of all your questions and concerns he's very good about answering them. And yes he will give you plenty of information and a time/food outline.

Oh and yes you should be fine to go back to work. He's letting me go back to my desk job after 7 days.

He is awesome doctor and hey how bout that price Hugh like I said I've never mind writing a check for a payment like now

I had my surgery 1/29 and have lost a total of 18 lbs so far. I go in for my 3 week check up today. He is wonderful! Gives lots of info, answers any and every question you have and is on call 24/7. He's lenient and that for me was GREAT! I haven't had any problems with food on his regimen. I think most of what you asked has been covered by other posters. And don't worry, I was never tempted to taste while cooking for my hubby! You will do great, he is a wonderful Doctor. Nothing but good things to say here!

Dr Borland preop liquid diet is only 24hrs. Is this normal? Sounds like many people post that they are dieting days even weeks prior. I'm just nervous and want to do everything right! Also I read that there are medicine that should not be taken after wls such as Advil. If this true? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks, Shannon

Shannon,

I'm not sure if it has to do with starting weight or not, but I was 223 according to his scale and wasn't put on a pre-op diet (I did however get down to 219 on my own before surgery by not even trying). I just had to do liquids and drink the yucky stuff to clear me out the day before surgery. Not sure about the Advil, that would be something he could answer.

LADIES YOU ROCK! Thanks for all of the helpful information!!!!

I have my consult with Dr. Borland on 5/28/13....I have been seriously seeking out this procedure for about 4 years however being self employeed our medical insurance is not the greatest and excludes weight loss surgery so I am forced to self pay. I sought out surgeons here in Shreveport but their costs are $18,000.00 & up. I was elated when I discovered Dr. Borland and his cash pay price. I am a bit nervous because he does things differently such as no overnight hospital stays and no drains....Can someone that has had the procedure recently share what they went through before & after the surgery with me? I have read all the posts and excited that I may have found a surgeon that is great without having to take out a loan to pay for the procedure.....just looking for some confirmation...Thanks!