Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is anybody out there suffering from pcos?

Clomid worked great for me with my last child. Just do what the doc says and keep ur head up. I have pcos and was sleeved on the 19th. I am dying to not be hot all the time. And a period im not sure i remember what that looks like must less a normal one but fingers r crossed. I heard with weight coming off every pound makes it easier to get pregnant as well as makes symptoms less. Remember we didnt get heavy overnight and our jodies take time to reset once it goes back

A little late to the party, but I wanted to chime in that I also have pcos. The chance of losing weight and gaining fertility is the sole reason why I'm getting this surgery. I can't even imagine having a cycle that happens naturally much less like clockwork! Rofl, the things that gets us excited, right? :D

Clomid will definately help out, just have to be patient and follow doctors orders. It sometimes takes our bodies a lot longer to get with the program.. Each of us are different. I too myself have been diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 18. It has been a rollercoaster ride for the last 22yrs. Extra hair, weight problems, hormones all over the place. Not a fun life , this is the second reason I have finally decided to have this surgery. I want to finally get my finesse back and be healthy and in a few years finally start a family.

So keep the faith and just give your body and mind time to regroup and fall into its own pattern. One more thing constantly worrying and stressing about it will surely delay a menestraul cycle.. Relax it will happen.

hello ladies I was sleeve on January 9th. I recently found out about pcos I suffer from a lot of the systems of pcos. It march 5 today. And total I only lost 21lbs. my weight loss has me concerned about pcos. hopefully the weight will start coming off now that I started at the gym. I'm currently tryin to get a doctor appointment to find out if I do, if yes hope the doctor can help me

Yeah i know wat u mean i havnt lost any wieght in almost two months and ive bn watching carbs n just wat n how much i eat and no luck >_< idk i am takeing fertility medication and i heard that can make u retain liquids but damn i doubt it this much my goal was to be in onederland by now but these 20 lbs r keeping me from it grrrrr curse u pcos lol.... No well jus hang in there the weight comes off slowly nut surely and think of it this way atleast we arent gaining :) oh ive heard apple cider vinegar also helps the isulin resistance caused by pcos

I wanted to add my two cents. Prior to surgery, I had PCOS and infertility. My periods were never consistent, days varied....if they came at all. Went years without using chemical birth control, no pregnancies.

Fast forward to a year post op...periods come like clockwork, down to the time of day I start. I take zero meds for PCOS management.

Best of all, I got pregnant the first month we "tried", no outside help needed!

So yes, if fertility is your goal...

I have PCOS. One of the main reasons for getting the surgery.

I have PCOS and it was the reason for my weight gain, I tried everything including eating air and I still couldn't lose weight, I am coming In to my ninth month post surgery and I am 4 kilos to goal weight yay, I still don't get my period though only had it once since surgery, but planning on baby number two hopefully it doesn't take 7 years to fall this time with the added help of the weight loss.

Lilly

I have severe PCOS and haven't had a period since my early teens and I just turned 30. I'm hoping with this surgery I will lose weight and start to cycle, even though the thought of that kind of grosses me out, because I really want to have a baby. I'm hoping the surgery will help make that happen.

Well i just found out im pregnant which is funny cause i had severe pcos and took fertility meds to have my last child. This time we didnt even try it just happened with no help. So vs will help u get to a weight where a baby is possible. Good luck ladies.

Had to fertility babies before my surgery and the last round unsuccessful. They wouldn't do anything more until I lost a tin of weight. Finally decided on the surgery and now I'm pregnant (earlier than I should be). I've lost a total of 98 lbs. Ovid was my fertility issue. However, ours not anymore! I still suffer from the hair growth but the major part has been resolved. :)

Pcos was the fertility office

Sent from my EVO using VST

Had to fertility babies before my surgery and the last round unsuccessful. They wouldn't do anything more until I lost a tin of weight. Finally decided on the surgery and now I'm pregnant (earlier than I should be). I've lost a total of 98 lbs. Ovid was my fertility issue. However' date=' ours not anymore! I still suffer from the hair growth but the major part has been resolved. :)

Pcos was the fertility office

Sent from my EVO using VST[/quote']

Same as me lol. Well congrats and hope everything turns out great for u and baby. How far along r u and how far out from surgery?

Same as me lol. Well congrats and hope everything turns out great for u and baby. How far along r u and how far out from surgery?

I'm out 8 months and 11 weeks pregnant.

I'm out 8 months and 11 weeks pregnant.

What does ur ob doc have u doing. Im five months out and 8 weeks and have an ultrasound tomorrow. Would love to compare notes with someone in my boat.

What does ur ob doc have u doing. Im five months out and 8 weeks and have an ultrasound tomorrow. Would love to compare notes with someone in my boat.

Nothing I just take 4 adult chewable Vitamins, try to get in fluids, and just hang on for the ride lol. I'm labeled high risk just because of the surgery. But really not doing anything different. I'm struggling with Fluid intake, my stomach hurts with the nausea, its not so bad now. This is very different from my other pregnancies. :) but my next ultrasound is August 23rd.