Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone only taking 1 multivitamin a day?

I am currently taking Celebrate Multivitamins 3 times a day but am lucky to be able to keep 2 down a day... I am almost 3 weeks out. My surgeon suggest taking a Multivitamin only twice per day. I talked with a vsg patient who was about a year out only taking a one a day Multivitamin and she claims her labs are perfect.

So is there any type of multivitamin I can take only once per day or twice at the most?

Are these Flintstone chewable Vitamins really all we need?

I can't recall the name but I remember a while back before I had my VSG surgery i came across a 1 a day bariatric multivitamin but can't recall the name now... anyone know what I am talking about?

Just looking for cheap multivitamin suggestions that wont make me feel queezy and one I dont have to take 3 times a day.

thanks

I am 5 months out and just recently switched from taking the gummy vitamins to a regular womans Centrum multivitamin HORSE Pill. The doctor says it is fine and I seem to do ok with it. I have to be careful to make sure that I have a little food on my stomach before I take it. I also take Calcium (also a horse pill) B-12 sublingual, Biotin chewables and Vitamin D capsules. Hope this helps.

The bariatric Vitamins is a 1 a day I order them online for 10 dollars 5 dollars shipping and handling

Julie

What site did you use to purchase these?

My Dr said once on foods I could switch back to pill instead of chewable. I bought the orange Celebrate ones preop and liked then until postop. I then could no longer tolerate them. I used Flintstone until I could go back to pill form. My Dr also states that since we have no rerouting of the intestines and malnourishment is fairly nonexistent with the sleeve that we do not need to take a Bariatric Vitamin like those with rny or ds. That an age appropriate multi should suffice.

Now we all have to listen to our docs. Just letting you know what mine says.

I take Celebrate MVI capsules three times daily. Or I try to remember to take three a day.

I take opurity multivitamin which is the only 1 per day bariatric Vitamin I know of. Its ok. (See pic) its the most complete that I've found& only one a day is a lot easier. Celebrate says take 2 mvi's per day. A lot of Gummy & chewables mvi's do NOT have Iron. I don't meet my Iron requirement thru eating even if I have steak. Certain cereals are fortified with enough iron but too many carbs for me. If u are low on iron (chronic anemia), had blood loss in surgery, or a woman who menstruates you likely need the iron. I also take Fiber gummies& tums (not with my mvi because you can't do calcium& iron at the same time).

post-21188-13813663071947_thumb.jpg

post-21188-13813663072746_thumb.jpg

You dont need expensive Celebrate baratric Vitamins because there is nothing wrong with our absorption unless ypu went into this with some kind of condition you havent shared.

That being said, flintstone Vitamins are for children, and thus, not the best. All ypu need is an adult chewable. And there is really no reason to take more than one dose, unless, like I said.. if you have something going on with you.

I take opurity Multivitamin which is the only 1 per day bariatric Vitamin I know of. Its ok. (See pic) its the most complete that I've found& only one a day is a lot easier. Celebrate says take 2 mvi's per day. A lot of Gummy & chewables mvi's do NOT have Iron. I don't meet my Iron requirement thru eating even if I have steak. Certain cereals are fortified with enough iron but too many carbs for me. If u are low on iron (chronic anemia)' date=' had blood loss in surgery, or a woman who menstruates you likely need the iron. I also take Fiber gummies& tums (not with my mvi because you can't do calcium& iron at the same time).

[/quote']

Iron binds to other Vitamins, and when that happens it all becomes largely Unabsorbable and that is why most Vitamins omit it and its widely available for. Those who need it on its own.

I try to remember to take my 2 Vitamins each day, however to answer your question I am lucky to remember to even take one!

It sucks... I feel like I have pregnancy brain all over again!

I forget things mid sentence and constantly forget why I even got up off the couch.... not why am I in this room...Why am I getting up again? LOL

COMPETING FOR ABSORPTION There are a number of vitamin-mineral and mineral-mineral interactions that can cause problems for those who take high-dose supplements. Vitamin C can inhibit copper absorption, and too much copper can lead to Vitamin C deficiency. Zinc inhibits both copper and iron; magnesium, copper, Iron and Calcium all compete for absorption, so too much of one can lead to low blood levels of the others.

Anyone have any experience with powdered Vitamins? My friend gave me a new tub of New Life Multi in Orange flavor, just curious if anyone has used it before.