Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I see in a later post that you tested hypothyroid. That is probably why your skin is so dry and could also be why you are feeling depressed. I have been hypothyroid and on synthroid for many years. Is the hypothyroid a new thing for you? You don't say if you are on medication for it. Being hypothyroid also slows your weight loss. Have you seen an endocrinologist? Really you are losing weight well but this surgery is such a big change. If you were accustomed to eating certain foods when you were feeling down and now you can't that might be part of the depression too. Also' date=' if you aren't getting enough Water that would explain the dizziness and dry skin. Try to work in more water and little fat into your diet, like avocado, Peanut Butter or olive oil. That really helps with the Hair loss IMO. Best of luck to you and continued success.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6[/quote']

Yes ma'am I was diagnosed last year and put on synthroid.

I see in a later post that you tested hypothyroid. That is probably why your skin is so dry and could also be why you are feeling depressed. I have been hypothyroid and on synthroid for many years. Is the hypothyroid a new thing for you? You don't say if you are on medication for it. Being hypothyroid also slows your weight loss. Have you seen an endocrinologist? Really you are losing weight well but this surgery is such a big change. If you were accustomed to eating certain foods when you were feeling down and now you can't that might be part of the depression too. Also' date=' if you aren't getting enough Water that would explain the dizziness and dry skin. Try to work in more water and little fat into your diet, like avocado, Peanut Butter or olive oil. That really helps with the Hair loss IMO. Best of luck to you and continued success.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6[/quote']

Also I don't really eat much fats at all but (Avocado) lol! I have only seen my Pcp for my thyroid problem. I am gonna look into seeing a endocrinologist in the morning. And thanks ma'am for this info, because my doc never told me about seeing one. Thank you thank you thank you. Because I am really going through it right now!

Dropped 5 lbs this week! 257.2 this morning! Totally surprised and feeling so grateful! Maybe my hour and a half bike ride yesterday broke the stall.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6

with the dizziness I have been having my dr took me off of the HCTZ...I have gained 4 pounds...not happy!!! I know it is just Water, but I don't want to see the scale moving in that direction!!!!!!!!!

Dropped 5 lbs this week! 257.2 this morning! Totally surprised and feeling so grateful! Maybe my hour and a half bike ride yesterday broke the stall.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6

Yay. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

with the dizziness I have been having my dr took me off of the HCTZ...I have gained 4 pounds...not happy!!! I know it is just water' date=' but I don't want to see the scale moving in that direction!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Aww sorry to hear that- but it prob is water., can u drink more Water and e en squeeze half lemon in each glass

Good luck

You've got this

Aww sorry to hear that- but it prob is water., can u drink more Water and e en squeeze half lemon in each glass

Good luck

You've got this

what does the lemon do?

I drink as much water as I can

what does the lemon do?

I drink as much Water as I can

For me it allows me to drink it faster

But it also helps stimulate- in a good way- the kidneys- and mild diuretic naturally

It's supposed to aid fat loss too

I get a 16 oz tumbler and fill most half w ice- rest w water- squeeze a whole lemon them add a sweet n low--- trying to avoid sweeteners for the most part tho--- and I can die. It without it hurting fast!

Congrats way to go!

Well- guess I should join in and add mine- gulp....

5 months sleeved today! Down 80- still feel like its not quite good enough as I can't really see the diff- I hold on to the fact that I'm smaller now so I should be able to see the next 80 or even 40.... I hope - I was a tight-not fitting- 26 now I'm at a 22

image-3842188993.jpg

image-2345866386.jpg

image-3486429210.jpg

5 months sleeved today! Down 80- still feel like its not quite good enough as I can't really see the diff- I hold on to the fact that I'm smaller now so I should be able to see the next 80 or even 40.... I hope - I was a tight-not fitting- 26 now I'm at a 22

post-51768-1381366811846_thumb.jpg

post-51768-13813668119212_thumb.jpg

post-51768-13813668119947_thumb.jpg

you look amazing!!! Way to go!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

For me it allows me to drink it faster

But it also helps stimulate- in a good way- the kidneys- and mild diuretic naturally

It's supposed to aid fat loss too

I get a 16 oz tumbler and fill most half w ice- rest w water- squeeze a whole lemon them add a sweet n low--- trying to avoid sweeteners for the most part tho--- and I can die. It without it hurting fast!

I guess I will try it. I don't really like lemon...but I haven't tried since surgery. I know my tastes have changed in other things. I always order Water out with NO lemon.

Do you know if you can just use the little lemons you can get in the produce department? you know, the little plastic ones with lemon juice in them.

I guess I will try it. I don't really like lemon...but I haven't tried since surgery. I know my tastes have changed in other things. I always order Water out with NO lemon.

Do you know if you can just use the little lemons you can get in the produce department? you know' date=' the little plastic ones with lemon juice in them.[/quote']

Ewww lol

I would not! The taste I don't think would be the same and more acidy

you look amazing!!! Way to go!!!! Keep up the great work!!!

Thank you I guess 10 lbs a month is what I average- better than nothing!

post-51768-1381366811846_thumb.jpg

post-51768-13813668119212_thumb.jpg

post-51768-13813668119947_thumb.jpg

Ahh, someone like me....I was taking weekly pix and not seeing any difference and getting discouraged with what I saw. Weight was coming off (slowly) and inches were moving around and coming off...but the pix weren't showing the progress so I quit taking pix for the last month or so. It's probably time to take another I guess and see because I am looking at your pix and I can see a difference. YOU LOOK GOOD! I think for those of us that were at 300 or so it's just a different kind of progress.

I was wearing snug 24's at my highest (295) and even though I am still working my way through my "fat clothes" sizes 24, 22, 20...I just bought some 18's and even got some workout pants that are 14's (admittedly they are snug) but it's progress....we CAN do this!