Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 400Lbs Gastric Sleeve Success Story

Good Luck tomorrow, you have done so well up to this point

As of date' date=' I'm 13 1/3 months from Vsg... Starting weight 474... Current weight 269.2... That's 204.8 lbs gone...

Wishing everyone luck/continued success![/quote']

Amazing. I am hopeful to lose at least 200 pounds... I started at 461 now 295 almost there. You're an inspiration... Love this!

Congrats to everyone once again! Love the updates in this area of the board. I started out at 410, BMI of 75. I'm now 273 and BMI of 49! I am no "Super Morbidly Obese", only "Extremely Morbidly Obese". Haha. I'm looking forward to hitting 250 for the first time in like 10 years. Just bought my first pair of jeans in years, and just went shopping at an outlet as opposed to the specialty online stores. Happy happy happy!

First weigh in with surgeon in March I was 449. Monday when I weighed I was 419! That was one week into my two-week preop diet. Today I go for my preop testing (little nervous, praying nothing is found) and have surg on Monday. Not only is my weight lower--I already feel so much better. Not out of breath as much. Less fatigue. Just generally feel better. Don't get me wrong, the lower # on the scale is wonderful, but the health benefits (and clothes feeling more loose) are amazing!

First weigh in with surgeon in March I was 449. Monday when I weighed I was 419! That was one week into my two-week preop diet. Today I go for my preop testing (little nervous' date=' praying nothing is found) and have surg on Monday. Not only is my weight lower--I already feel so much better. Not out of breath as much. Less fatigue. Just generally feel better. Don't get me wrong, the lower # on the scale is wonderful, but the health benefits (and clothes feeling more loose) are amazing![/quote']

Hi youthguy80. I can totally relate to how you are feeling, I started at 438lbs and now I am 3 months post op and down to 293lbs...I can't believe how great I feel inside and how easy it is just to breath with no shortness of breath. Good luck Monday and have a speedy recovery, you will do great.

Hello fellow VSG'ers. I feel like THE biggest and youngest (18) of the group. I'm 6'2 and my highest weight was 538. On surgery day I got down to 514 and now 2 weeks out I'm 484. It's a big feat but I still have 230 pounds to go to my goal. I've started exercising (walking 30-60 minutes a day). I've been feeling so great since the procedure. I walk easier, I don't get winded. I don't crave food as much as I used to. I can walk longer and farther than I used to and I'm sooo excited for this journey.

I'm not as young as you, I know what you mean I'm right there with my 1st appt with doc I weighed 565 I'm down to 534 but been to loose more before they will do surgery.

Hello fellow VSG'ers. I feel like THE biggest and youngest (18) of the group. I'm 6'2 and my highest weight was 538. On surgery day I got down to 514 and now 2 weeks out I'm 484. It's a big feat but I still have 230 pounds to go to my goal. I've started exercising (walking 30-60 minutes a day). I've been feeling so great since the procedure. I walk easier' date=' I don't get winded. I don't crave food as much as I used to. I can walk longer and farther than I used to and I'm sooo excited for this journey.[/quote']

I'm glad to hear that your not craving food as much that is one of my concerns, it gives me hope for when I get sleeved.

Hello fellow VSG'ers. I feel like THE biggest and youngest (18) of the group. I'm 6'2 and my highest weight was 538. On surgery day I got down to 514 and now 2 weeks out I'm 484. It's a big feat but I still have 230 pounds to go to my goal. I've started exercising (walking 30-60 minutes a day). I've been feeling so great since the procedure. I walk easier, I don't get winded. I don't crave food as much as I used to. I can walk longer and farther than I used to and I'm sooo excited for this journey.

I started out at 511 10 months ago and now I am at 270 and it has been pretty easy after the first month and I am 54 years old so at 18 you will do a lot better god luck and keep the faith

My surgery is Monday and I'm so afraid I have an extra large liver and will wake up unsleeved. Is this a fear anyone else had?

My surgery is Monday and I'm so afraid I have an extra large liver and will wake up unsleeved. Is this a fear anyone else had?

Hi. My surgeon told me the same thing, that my liver was larger and it could cause the surgery not to take place, but then he said that the liquid diet before surgery should work to shrink the liver and eliminate any potential problems. My surgery went great, no liver problems. Don't worry, I think they just tell people that as a precaution, you will be fine...plus the preop weight you have already lost has made a huge difference and will really help the surgery go smooth. You are doing great!

And to maybe make you feel even better, my program didn't even have a pre-op diet. Just Clear liquids the day before. I attended a support group meeting that had one of the surgeons from our Center of Excellence speaking, and he said they don't believe that there's any use or truth to a liver-shrinking pre-op diet. They are able to do the surgery regardless, though of course it remains a possibility that they have to make adjustments as they go - perhaps doing a full cut as opposed to laproscopic, or making more holes than they originally planned.

My starting weight (7/6/13) was 417 - BMI of 58.15

My Surgery weight (8/26/13) was 389 - BMI 54.25

Two week (9/9/13) after surgery I was 379 - BMI 52.30

I have my 6 week visit on 10/08/13 and will weigh in then to see how much I've lost since my last weigh in on 9/9.

And to maybe make you feel even better' date=' my program didn't even have a pre-op diet. Just Clear Liquids the day before. I attended a support group meeting that had one of the surgeons from our Center of Excellence speaking, and he said they don't believe that there's any use or truth to a liver-shrinking pre-op diet. They are able to do the surgery regardless, though of course it remains a possibility that they have to make adjustments as they go - perhaps doing a full cut as opposed to laproscopic, or making more holes than they originally planned.[/quote']

Thank you. I had surg 9/16/13 and all went very well!