Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 400Lbs Gastric Sleeve Success Story

I've lost a total of 83 lbs in 7 months with the sleeve. Combined with my 50 lb loss maintained from the band, I've lost 133 lbs, going from a high of 374 lbs to a current of 241 lbs.

We can do this! It takes work and perseverance, but it is sooooo worth it. I have so much energy now. I run up and down my stairs, I don't fear breaking chairs, I don't worry about flying. The mental changes are almost as powerful as the physical ones. I no longer think about food 24/7, I'm not worried about my next meal, outings don't revolve around food. It's so mentally freeing!

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one worried. I was already over 300#'s but was able to stay active until I began having back pain. Over a year and a half I blamed it on my weight as I stopped walking, kayaking, etc. because of back cramps.Then after being frustrated about it long enough I found out of have 3 herniated discs. Bleh...the nasty culprits that changed my already slow (compared to average weight folks) lifestyle. I put on about 150 pounds as I struggled with my back. I am looking forward to being lighter in my kayak...maybe it won't fill with Water so easily now! LOL And I hope to alleviate some of this back pain and get moving again. I read your posts so envious and proud for you at the same time! Can't wait to join the crew....looks like around Christmas hopefully!

Gigi

5 months today. Down 122 lbs!!

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one worried. I was already over 300#'s but was able to stay active until I began having back pain. Over a year and a half I blamed it on my weight as I stopped walking' date=' kayaking, etc. because of back cramps.Then after being frustrated about it long enough I found out of have 3 herniated discs. Bleh...the nasty culprits that changed my already slow (compared to average weight folks) lifestyle. I put on about 150 pounds as I struggled with my back. I am looking forward to being lighter in my kayak...maybe it won't fill with Water so easily now! LOL And I hope to alleviate some of this back pain and get moving again. I read your posts so envious and proud for you at the same time! Can't wait to join the crew....looks like around Christmas hopefully!

Gigi[/quote']

Edited by Susan - Posting links to Facebook groups is against our terms of service. Groups can be created right here on VST.

Thank you.

Edited by *susan*
Facebook Group Link

Hi Shelle,

I just went to your group on Facebook, so you should see a request to join from me. Just 6 days post op.

Thanks,

Sean

Gotta love the sleeve, semi normal eating habits (eventually) and no "dumping" that's why I didn't choose a bybass method as my Dr recommended. Now I just have to keep at this and I too can get back to the size I was years and years ago...I hope.

I started At 540 pounds ' date=' i have lost 230 pounds and the weight is still coming off. I had the VSG 15 months ago. It is possible to lose large portions of weight

[/quote']

So very handsome!!! Congratulations to you.

As of date, I'm 13 1/3 months from Vsg... Starting weight 474... Current weight 269.2... That's 204.8 lbs gone...

Wishing everyone luck/continued success!

Just thought i would update my progress : )

I have lost 152lbs WOW!!!!!! OMFG!!!! I had my Surgery 7 months ago!

Life Is Getting Better!

There is HOPE : ) Light at the end of the tunnel!

There's a lady on youtube her name I s bigcuz57 I think. She was over 500 lbs and is doing great. She vlog the experience and had updated us on her progress on youtube. God Bless and let us know your progress.

I'm 11 weeks post op, down 62lbs since surgery and 139lbs total from initial surgeons visit 5 months ago. Feeling great, I can't believe I am in the 200's. I would love,to se everyone's progress...I know everyone is doing do great. If you are on myfitnesspal please add me as a friend...blackcloudkygirl.

post-53754-13813669165727_thumb.jpg

post-53754-13813669165727_thumb.jpg

I'm 11 weeks post op, down 62lbs since surgery and 139lbs total from initial surgeons visit 5 months ago. Feeling great, I can't believe I am in the 200's. I would love,to se everyone's progress...I know everyone is doing do great. If you are on myfitnesspal please add me as a friend...blackcloudkygirl.

Congratulations! You're doing great!

I go in for my surgery tomorrow morning. So excited to take this next step. I started at my highest weight of 471 lbs. back in March 2013 and am around 415 today. I will keep you all posted.

I go in for my surgery tomorrow morning. So excited to take this next step. I started at my highest weight of 471 lbs. back in March 2013 and am around 415 today. I will keep you all posted.

How exciting, you will do great!