Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 400Lbs Gastric Sleeve Success Story

GREAT NEWS!!!! I just went to my Nutritionist / Doctor for my 3 month follow up and i have lost 100lbs OMFG i cant believe it ! I just broke down and cried when i seen that on the scale i am no longer in the 400lbs weight group .

I am not in the 300s OMG!!! I was 487lbs i am now 390lbs WOW!! Im so happy! I was feeling down lately because i couldnt weigh myself on home scales because i was to heavy But now i see the light at the end of the tunnel! LIFE DOES GET BETTER!!!

I started At 540 pounds , i have lost 230 pounds and the weight is still coming off. I had the VSG 15 months ago. It is possible to lose large portions of weight

gallery_19616_2225_4099.jpg

You just look so much happier

I'm pre-op, started near where you are (my high is 459) and I've already lost over 50lbs. I'm having surgery May 2nd, so I'm excited to see how much I lose total. As "high BMI'ers" we tend to lose more quickly, but we'll hit stalls just like everyone else does.

My surgeon says his results with sleeve vs. bypass are similar. Bypass patients maybe lose 5-10lbs more than the sleeve patients do, and I can live with that if it means fewer complications long term. Bypass patients can regain weight just like we can, but we don't have as high of a risk of long term anemia or Vitamin deficiencies like they do because of their intestines being altered.

Everyone has to make their own choice on what they want to live with - either surgery is going to require work on your part! Good luck! :)

I was 370 4 weeks ago now iam down to 320. This best decision I ever made iam on soft foods and I am enjoying life so much better I can't imagine what I will feel like when I reach my goal of 210. Good luck just please do it for yourself and please research the Dr's in your area hopefully on lives near you .good luck

Such great success stories, everyone is doing so good, it makes me feel like I am making the right decision. My surgery is scheduled for May 29 and I'm just feeling nervous. I started in at 438lbs, I'm now down to 416lbs and feel really good, so my mind is saying, wait maybe you can do this on your own, but then I think of how I've struggled my entire life and I realize I can't do it and I need this tool. I just want to cry, what is wrong with me...lol

Such great success stories, everyone is doing so good, it makes me feel like I am making the right decision. My surgery is scheduled for May 29 and I'm just feeling nervous. I started in at 438lbs, I'm now down to 416lbs and feel really good, so my mind is saying, wait maybe you can do this on your own, but then I think of how I've struggled my entire life and I realize I can't do it and I need this tool. I just want to cry, what is wrong with me...lol

I had second thoughts also, I'm sure most of us have. This was the right decision for me and I can't be happier. Good luck on your journey.

I'm 450 lbs now down from 480. I am 3 months in on my 6 month required weight loss plan. Don't have a surgery date yet. My doctor wants me at 400 to do the surgery. The 30 pound loss was do to a week in the hospital for a hernia repair. I'm stuck, and trying to lose more.

my starting weght was 560, 7 months later i'm done 155lbs and still going strong.. i've had no complications and would do it again in a heartbeatt. it's not easy, changes MUST be made but reward is so great you cant even imagine.. good luck and God bless you..

I'm 450 lbs now down from 480. I am 3 months in on my 6 month required weight loss plan. Don't have a surgery date yet. My doctor wants me at 400 to do the surgery. The 30 pound loss was do to a week in the hospital for a hernia repair. I'm stuck, and trying to lose more.

You might look in to a different doctor that will do the surgery at a higher weight if you can't get unstuck. 480 to 400 is a big number on your own. I had to find a doctor the would do my sleeve a higher weight. I started out at 51lbs and had to loose 50lbs on my own before surgery, so I had my surgery at 464lbs. I am 5 and half months out and have just hit 200lbs lost mark and now I am at 310lbs.

FYI I had my hernia repair at the same time as my sleeve done. Good Luck

Hi. I am scheduled for surgery June 3. My starting weight was 438 and now I am down to 372. My surgeon wanted me down to at least 400lbs before surgery, so he put me on a 3 1/2 week liquid diet...which has caused me to lose 30lbs so far with another 9 days to go. The other weight i lost was just by following the nutritionist/low calorie diet since March. The liquid diet sounds harsh, and I am hungry, but I feel so much better knowing my surgeon is pleased with my weight for surgery...plus 68 lbs down keeps me going on the liquid diet, I feel so good. Good luck with everything.

I saw a you tube of a lady 420-30 something pounds in a year & a half she lost down to 180 something pounds & looked wonderful!

It depends on the person though & there's a guy on here that was 400 plus hes down to about 200.. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Check out LessOfSarah on YouTube - she started out at 460 and in 6 months is down 150 lbs.

My scale just started reading in the Two Hundred's. Hardly seams possible when it used to read in the Five Hundred's.

I started out at 405lbs on December 28th. Had the sleeve done on January 17th weighing 382. Today I am 278, down 127lbs.