Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Increased water+protein= 11pound this week!

I have had a rough time making the numbers I wanted after surgery. During the all liquids phase I did excellent with my weightloss but it slowed drasticly after I started foods again. I had trouble making it to 64 ounces of Water and meeting the protien recomendations. a little overa week ago I was desperate when I gained 4 lbs in my fourth month so I decided to consume 120+ ounces of water and go over my daily recomended Protein requirments. I lost 11lbs this week!!! I was really affraid I wouldn't lose any more weight but my hope is renewed =) Just wanted to share and encourage anyone who isn't drinking enough water or getting enough protein!

Congrats on your loss. I need to up my Water and Protein.< /p>

I am always having a hard time getting all of my liquids in - it is very inspiring to know you can have such a great loss by upping the Water and Protein, well done!

Correction- during my 3rd month.

Thank you ladies!! It really does work GodsGrace, I was shocked when I stepped on the scale this morning :)! You can do it too!!

That's great! Congrats!! :)

Wow that is great! Congrats! Can you share how you managed to fit it all in? I am having trouble getting all my fluids and Protein in. Especially not drinking before and after meals for 30 min. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Are you currently 3 months out? I know u mentioned a gain but I wasn't sure if u were still currently in month 3. Anyways, I am currently almost 3 months out and am so frustrated! I have been losing 2 pounds a week since week 3. I have been lacking Water and Protein, but I didn't think it would impact loss THAT much. I will have to try ur approach and up my intake and see how this week goes.

Wow that is great! Congrats! Can you share how you managed to fit it all in? I am having trouble getting all my fluids and Protein in. Especially not drinking before and after meals for 30 min. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

I get in two Water bottles before Breakfast and at work I talked to my manager about keeping Water bottles on me and she was totally supportive so during the work day I am constantly drinking and make sure to get atleast 3 water bottles down while there. It's the same at home, while relaxing I keep a water bottle on me all the time. I noticed that purchasing a case of water has helped me immensely. I never drank this much when I used a cup. Counting the water bottles is a lot easier way of tracking how much I am intaking also. I just wish I had started doing this sooner!!!

Way to rally back! So exactly how much Protein did you average this week? Are you getting it from regular foods or shakes?

Are you currently 3 months out? I know u mentioned a gain but I wasn't sure if u were still currently in month 3. Anyways, I am currently almost 3 months out and am so frustrated! I have been losing 2 pounds a week since week 3. I have been lacking Water and Protein, but I didn't think it would impact loss THAT much. I will have to try ur approach and up my intake and see how this week goes.

I just hit 4 months yesterday :) I stopped losing weight at the very end of 2 months and had gained 4 lbs during my third month. I use syntax nectar Protein shake in the morning and again before bed if my protien is under 70. That particular shake has 25 per scoop so its a really easy way to make sure Im getting over my recommended amount! I have read a lot of slow losers have trouble with Water and Protein so when I increased it I had no idea the weight would come off so quick in a week but its totally worth the extra effort to ensure my weightloss continues. Best of luck!!

Way to rally back! So exactly how much Protein did you average this week? Are you getting it from regular foods or shakes?

I perfer to get my Protein from food because I feel hungry every couple hours. I am totally bummed my hunger hasn't gone away like many others that have had this surgery. I do have a shake almost every morning when im working and dont have time to make Breakfast. If I have a lower protien day I add another shake before bed. I intake 90 to 120 grams of protein daily.

Thank you all for sharing. I have been a "slow" loser from the beginning. However, I am pretty happy with my body right now. I am 16 months out and was wondering what on earth I am going to have to do to shed this last 20 lbs! I have been stuck at the same weight for about 6 months and it hurts my feelings! It does not help that I got in a car accident right before the holidays and have been unable to workout outside of just walkng my two pups 20 mins 2x/day. I had really moved away from the Protein shakes as I felt confident to be able to consume enough Protein through foods. Obviously that is not working. I am probably only getting around 40 - 60 grams per day and have really eased up on the Water focus as well. am going to go in hard with increasing my protein and Water intake and see what happens! Thank you so much for sharing!

Ducker

Thank you all for sharing. I have been a "slow" loser from the beginning. However, I am pretty happy with my body right now. I am 16 months out and was wondering what on earth I am going to have to do to shed this last 20 lbs! I have been stuck at the same weight for about 6 months and it hurts my feelings! It does not help that I got in a car accident right before the holidays and have been unable to workout outside of just walkng my two pups 20 mins 2x/day. I had really moved away from the Protein shakes as I felt confident to be able to consume enough Protein through foods. Obviously that is not working. I am probably only getting around 40 - 60 grams per day and have really eased up on the Water focus as well. am going to go in hard with increasing my protein and Water intake and see what happens! Thank you so much for sharing!

Ducker

Sorry to hear about the car accident, I hope your recovering fully from that. I hope you will keep us updated on how upping your protein and water affect your weight loss! I have faith this will be just what you need to get off those last 20 lbs to make goal!!!

I have had a rough time making the numbers I wanted after surgery. During the all liquids phase I did excellent with my weightloss but it slowed drasticly after I started foods again. I had trouble making it to 64 ounces of Water and meeting the protien recomendations. a little overa week ago I was desperate when I gained 4 lbs in my fourth month so I decided to consume 120+ ounces of Water and go over my daily recomended Protein requirments. I lost 11lbs this week!!! I was really affraid I wouldn't lose any more weight but my hope is renewed =) Just wanted to share and encourage anyone who isn't drinking enough water or getting enough protein!

Thank you TamaraS I think this exactly what I needed to hear I'm desperately trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with me!! The scale just does NOT move! I'm 10 weeks out and I've only lost 20 pounds ugh!!!!!! I don't regret but it's a real bummer to hear all the success story's and me stuck in a rut. Anyway thank you!! And dude good job!