Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need fill doctor in Dallas, TX

Hi Everyone,

I was banded in Monterrey Mexico about 7 weeks ago. due to my work schedule I will not be able to go back for my fill. Does anyone know of a doctor in Dallas that they would recommend? I've looked online, but I'm feeling overwhelmed with the options and don't know who to choose. I'm also getting frustrated because I've stopped losing weight and my appetite is coming back in full force. PLEASE HELP. I fear that if I don't get filled soon, that I will start to gain some of the weight back.:help:

You are just now about at the stage to need a fill....6 wks is common.

Dr. Maese will do fills for the Mexican doctors.....in fact that is his background. I believe Dr. Sanchez that has banded so many of people on this board in Mexico is his uncle.

He is master at doing fills....been doing them longer than about anybody. Zips you right through, doesn't hurt, uses a flouro, and knows what he is doing.

Preston Cardiology Wellness Center

6170 Sherry Lane 200

Dallas (Highland Park)

214-234-0330, X 215

Gayle,

Thanks so much for the refferal. I was able to make an appointment with DR. Maese for this Wednesday. I'm really excited, but a little nervous too. Wish me luck!

Good deal!! Hope it works out well for you!

Don't know how familiar you are with Highland Park.....when you get to his office you can park on the roof of the little Wachovia Bank on the corner....he's upstairs there....and go in the back door right into the hall...he's on the street end of the hall. Or you can just give your car to the valet at the corner in front of the bank and go in the door next to the bank and up the elevator.

Best wishes!!!

Gayle,

Thanks so much for all your help. Your directions were so helpful and you were right, Dr. Maese does zip you right through. I think it took longer for me to fill out the paperwork than it took him to do the fill. Thanks again for your advise and support.

-Angela

I heard a rumor - and I want to emphasize that it was a RUMOR - that Dr. Maese does not use Huber needles for his fills. IF (again, emphasizing IF) this is true, it is NOT proper procedure, according to Inamed (I e-mailed them and asked about it) and can damage your band.

If I were using Dr. Maese, I would check this out. Not trying to stir anything up, just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I have never met Dr. Maese and have absolutely no ax to grind.

What is a Huber needle and how is it different from another type of needle? Thank you for the info. I have not heard of this before.

Mary Luke

What is a Huber needle and how is it different from another type of needle? Thank you for the info. I have not heard of this before.

Mary Luke

A Huber needle is a special non-coring needle used for LB fills, as well as accessing other types of ports (think chemo therapy). It is designed not to damage the port. Inamed specifically states that fills should be done only with non-coring needles.

You might check www.aigb.com. American Institute of Gastric Banding operates lap-band surgery centers in Houston and Dallas. I get my fills for $150 at the Houston Physicians SurgiCenter. Check either the Surgery Center of Richardson or Specialty Surgery Center of Fort Worth.

I have had one fill with Richardson Surgery Center and one with Maese. Both were done quite well, no issues either way. Just wanted to save some money. But now I have decided to go back to the Fill Center. I have had horrible problems since my last fill. Have tried to "wait it out" with no luck. Since I am unsure if I am too tight, or not tight enough, thought it would be better to get it done under flouro the whole time.

With Maese, he put the fill in (1cc) when I started throwing up Water, he took out some of the fill (.4 cc) and then I could swallow Water. He did the flouro after each stick, but want to be under the whole time like the fill center does to see if I can get things straight.

*** just FYI: I think I am too tight because, I can only eat mushies, but think I am too loose because I can eat a lot of mushies. Crazy I know.

I talked to Paloma, the secretary of lapband solutions in Dallas, they seemed to be a very competent clinic in Dallas.

Good luck!

Hi Everyone,

I was banded in Monterrey Mexico about 7 weeks ago. due to my work schedule I will not be able to go back for my fill. Does anyone know of a doctor in Dallas that they would recommend? I've looked online, but I'm feeling overwhelmed with the options and don't know who to choose. I'm also getting frustrated because I've stopped losing weight and my appetite is coming back in full force. PLEASE HELP. I fear that if I don't get filled soon, that I will start to gain some of the weight back.:help: