Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Need fill doctor in Dallas, TX

Views
Started by angela0575, Nov 07, 2006 12:22 PM
26 replies to this topic
26 replies to this topic

angela0575

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted November 7, 2006 - 12:22 PM

Hi Everyone,
I was banded in Monterrey Mexico about 7 weeks ago. due to my work schedule I will not be able to go back for my fill. Does anyone know of a doctor in Dallas that they would recommend? I've looked online, but I'm feeling overwhelmed with the options and don't know who to choose. I'm also getting frustrated because I've stopped losing weight and my appetite is coming back in full force. PLEASE HELP. I fear that if I don't get filled soon, that I will start to gain some of the weight back.:help:

GayleTX

Bariatric Evangelist

Posted November 7, 2006 - 12:32 PM

You are just now about at the stage to need a fill....6 wks is common.

Dr. Maese will do fills for the Mexican doctors.....in fact that is his background. I believe Dr. Sanchez that has banded so many of people on this board in Mexico is his uncle.

He is master at doing fills....been doing them longer than about anybody. Zips you right through, doesn't hurt, uses a flouro, and knows what he is doing.

Preston Cardiology Wellness Center
6170 Sherry Lane 200
Dallas (Highland Park)
214-234-0330, X 215

angela0575

Posted November 13, 2006 - 2:36 PM

Gayle,
Thanks so much for the refferal. I was able to make an appointment with DR. Maese for this Wednesday. I'm really excited, but a little nervous too. Wish me luck!

GayleTX

Bariatric Evangelist

Posted November 13, 2006 - 2:43 PM

Good deal!! Hope it works out well for you!

Don't know how familiar you are with Highland Park.....when you get to his office you can park on the roof of the little Wachovia Bank on the corner....he's upstairs there....and go in the back door right into the hall...he's on the street end of the hall. Or you can just give your car to the valet at the corner in front of the bank and go in the door next to the bank and up the elevator.

Best wishes!!!

angela0575

Posted November 17, 2006 - 10:10 AM

Gayle,
Thanks so much for all your help. Your directions were so helpful and you were right, Dr. Maese does zip you right through. I think it took longer for me to fill out the paperwork than it took him to do the fill. Thanks again for your advise and support.
-Angela

Posted November 20, 2006 - 10:59 AM

Dr. Richard Benavides Rocks!! He is at 972-331-8100. He and his staff have a wonderful bedside manor.

~Jules~

no longer obese!!!

• My Blogs
Posted November 22, 2006 - 12:01 PM

But does Dr. Benevides do fills on non-patients?

Carlene

Bariatric Hero

Posted November 22, 2006 - 12:18 PM

I heard a rumor - and I want to emphasize that it was a RUMOR - that Dr. Maese does not use Huber needles for his fills. IF (again, emphasizing IF) this is true, it is NOT proper procedure, according to Inamed (I e-mailed them and asked about it) and can damage your band.

If I were using Dr. Maese, I would check this out. Not trying to stir anything up, just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I have never met Dr. Maese and have absolutely no ax to grind.

Mary Luke

Intermediate Member

• My Blogs
Posted December 16, 2006 - 6:14 PM

What is a Huber needle and how is it different from another type of needle? Thank you for the info. I have not heard of this before.
Mary Luke

Carlene

Bariatric Hero

Posted December 16, 2006 - 8:18 PM

What is a Huber needle and how is it different from another type of needle? Thank you for the info. I have not heard of this before.
Mary Luke

A Huber needle is a special non-coring needle used for LB fills, as well as accessing other types of ports (think chemo therapy). It is designed not to damage the port. Inamed specifically states that fills should be done only with non-coring needles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Jul 31
    Zoey716

Jogged/Walked the Ronald McDonald House 5K last night! 51minutes (15 min...

Show comments (4)
View All Updates

Trending Topics

Topics with No Reply