Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

60+ sleevers please help

Glad i found a site for age 60!! I am 6 weeks post op on my sleeve. And hope to find friends and information on using this tool to the best of its abilities.

Hello there. Thank goodness I found this site 2 months before surgery. It has been a Godsend. You will really enjoy the people and the excellent help you can find here. Welcome!

Hello. I am 3 weeks post op....no complications...I am glad I did the sleeve.

Hello. I am 3 weeks post op....no complications...I am glad I did the sleeve.

Best wishes to you!

I'm 67 now! Had my surgery nov 12,12 and am below goal. I have last 102 pounds and trying not to lose any more. Upping my good carbs per the nutritionist. I had total knee replacement almost 3 years ago. I also have titanium joints in my big toes. Have walked 2 five k's but prefer to do deep Water aerobics! It doesn't hurt!!

How is everyone? I am looking forward to summer and some work time in the yard, something I have not done in a long time. Life is good. I am in shorts in Florida already and even loving my saggy skin.

7 wks tomorrow out of surgery. Doing well. Waiting for the ok to go back to Curves.

Weather here in AZ is beautiful. Too bad it will be getting hot in the next few months.

Had planters fasciitis for weeks. Finally got a shot of cortisone and no pain. Yea.

Walk in the indoor pool which is great exercise for me.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Hi Linda and Carol....your posts are motivating....thanks...I have been wondering at my slow weight loss.but you have given me new hope.

I too want to go for a knee transplant next year after dropping some more weight.

Good luck! Your weight loss is awesome! This site is the best thing ever for all of us, giving us inspiration and support. Keep up the good work!

I'm sure the weight loss will help w/the knees. I had both hips resurfaced. I have very strong bones so I chose the resurfacing instead of hip replacement. Like most of us I couldn't loose the weight and I was afraid I'd out live my hips. Having osteoarthritis in other joints and tired of the pain I researched and choose the sleeve for weight loss. I have no regrets. Weight loss is slow and I think it's easier on my body taking it off a little at a time. That's just my thinking.

I hope everyone is having a good experience and we're never too old to have a better life.

Hi shersun,

Thanks...yes knees are better and I am off my NSAIDS thankfully...dont want to take them ever.

without the sleeve i would be on those pills till I died...I am trying hard....its painful...but walk I must.

keep in touch.

I think every medical problem we might be susceptible to will be diminished with weight loss. I am thankful to be off Metformin and 1 HBP med. I no longer take Lyrica for foot pain. These medicines were killing us, in my humble opinion.

I agree Linda and I think we're an over medicated society. Dr's give people Rx's to counteract the side effects of previous meds and it's a never ending cycle. I only take synthroid and protonix which will be d/c'ed the end of May.

My BP is normal since surgery and I don't have the joint and muscle pain like I did. Also loosing the weight takes the strain off my heart and other organs.

I hope my energy goes up. I've read that fatigue can last 3 mo's after surgery. I have to remind myself I'm not 40 and can't expect to be full of energy all the time.

I no longer take Aleve and only need Tylenol once in a while now.

The only downside I have had with the weight loss is Gout in both big toe joints. The meds (indomethacin and Colcrys (Nsaids) are scary, the pain is awful. The meds recently caused me to be hospitalized out of town when I threw up/dry heaved for 8 straight hours after taking the doses. Total dehydration. I week later I took the Gout meds again and the same thing happened. Now I am on just the 1 med called Allpurinol and the doctor tripled that dose. Today I was diagnosed with Shingles (thank God I had the vaccine so it will not be a very bad case). Friends, research Shingles. I heard enough from friends that got it that my husband and I went and got the shot. It attacks nerve endings and causes disastrous problems.

Okay, no more of my sad tales today. I am ready for shorts, flip flops and sunshine! Linda

I can't imagine the pain from gout and then the have the meds counteract. You've really had a rough time of it. I hope you can get through this and the shingles so summer finds you healthy. Your weight loss is awesome.

Do you live in the Panhandle? I lived in Marathon, Clwtr, Ft Lauderdale and Ocala. My husband died and I was forced to retire from my job so leaving FL was not a problem for me. I love AZ and when it's hot in the summer I hop in the car and drive 90 min to the mountains. I'm from Chicago and there are so many people from the Midwest I feel like I'm at home.

The main problem I have is Constipation where I have to take stool softners 2x a day. That schedule seems to work the best for me.

Also getting the head hunger and eyes bigger than stomach thing under control oh and eating a little too fast that causes sliming (sp?).

Hope you can get out in the sunshine and enjoy the weather.

The only downside I have had with the weight loss is Gout in both big toe joints. The meds (indomethacin and Colcrys (Nsaids) are scary, the pain is awful. The meds recently caused me to be hospitalized out of town when I threw up/dry heaved for 8 straight hours after taking the doses. Total dehydration. I week later I took the Gout meds again and the same thing happened. Now I am on just the 1 med called Allpurinol and the doctor tripled that dose. Today I was diagnosed with Shingles (thank God I had the vaccine so it will not be a very bad case). Friends, research Shingles. I heard enough from friends that got it that my husband and I went and got the shot. It attacks nerve endings and causes disastrous problems.

Okay, no more of my sad tales today. I am ready for shorts, flip flops and sunshine! Linda