Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long were you on clear liquids POST Surgery?

Unjury has both an unflavored and chicken broth Protein mixes. The unflavored protein goes into anything like Decaf coffee, pho Soup base and miso. All are artificial sweetener free and delicious. They use the whey protein isolate which I am told is both a better source of protein and more delicious. I had the unflavored with coffee and it was like a decadent latte.

And oh yeah' date=' I haven't lost a pound. How is that possible??? 5 days of almost nothing and no weight loss?[/quote']

Dana,

I was on Full liquids since day after surgery. My suspicion is that your doctor is more conservative. He probably had a bad leak issue with a patient and thus is conservative. Unfortunately in this day and age people sue doctors at the drop of a hat which has created this defensive medicine. I do know that my doctor was aware of my issues with healing due to a medication I take for MS and was still fine with full clears as soon as I passed the leak test.

The wt loss issue is trickier. I had two zero loss days - today and day 4 I think. I have decided to weigh myself at night now so it doesn't ruin my day. It will come off. Your body is in flux right now so get ready for some losses in the next few days. You have probably gotten a lot of swelling which will resolve. Are you on my fitness pal? I really like that as a way to track. I made orange Jello with Isopure for more Protein and it is really filling. That counts as a clear liquid.

Hope this helps!

I was on clear while in the hospital. But Actually now that i think about it, in the hospital they brought me Jello, chicken broth, coffee, and tea but I couldn't hold any of it down that day. Tooo nauseated.

I went home the next day. And the nurse called to check in on me that evening at home. She told me whenever I was ready I could start full liquids.

Yogurt keeps me going. food cravings are gone. I have to make myself eat and drink. I forget.

Now today I did have a few pitches of very liquid-like foods at Christmas dinner.

I had a pitch of mashed potatoes, and a pitch of sweet potato casserole, and a pitch of the filling on a deviled egg.

And when I say pitch I literally mean touching my finger to the top of it and licking my finger.

I was sleeved on December 19th and I weighed today and i have already lost almost 20lbs..

December 19th 231.6 or 231.9 (which ever)

December 25th 212

I'm excited! Hoping for 135 by July so me and my honey can go on a CRUISE!

I had my surgery on 12/20..and I have to be on Clear Liquids for 7 days as well...but me being me wanted to try one of my Atkins Proteins...and it was fine..it down fine to...I say listen to your body...and don't over do it...I see my doc on Friday...btw I am down 11lbs since surgery...about 2lbs a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using VST

Me too. Sleeved on 12/19. Sick of Clear Liquids and diarrhea. The weight is coming off, but I don't feel good. Thought I might be a little happier about the whole ordeal but havent seem to get there yet. Hope to find out something new tomorrow at first checkup. No straws allowed here either. I guess we have to just hang in there for the fun of it all....Lol.

I am doing pure pea unflavored because I cannot have artificial sweetners :(

Can you handle Stevia? About Time uses that to sweeten their powders. They come in at 31 grams of Protein per scoop and zero carbs! Some are the flavors are kind of yucky, but I really like the chocolate. You might give them a try. You can order it from the About Time website or from vitacost. Good luck!