Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long were you on clear liquids POST Surgery?

I've been on Clear liquids since last Wednesday night. My surgery was 7am Friday...I've been existing on Popsicles, chicken broth, beef broth, Jello. I am hungry-- probably a combination of head hunger and true hunger.

My doc's instructions are no full liquids ( Protein Powder shakes) for 7 days, which seems extreme to me compared to other people here on VST. It's crazy how everybody's doc has different restrictions for the same surgery. I was just curious about everyone's clear liquid stage post surgery -- how long and what did you eat (drink)? I feel myself getting a little down and depressed....

~Dana

I was on clear for 7 days and the full liquid for the next 7 days.

I went on full liquids the day after my surgery while I was still in the hospital immediately following the leak test. I have now been on the full liquids for 2 weeks, and will be released to puree's at my next appointment which is unfortunately not till Friday due to the holiday.

I was only on clear while in the hospital. How do they recommend you get your Protein in on clears? I was on shakes in the hospital, so really I wasn't ever on clears.

I was on clear liquids for 1 week then went to full liquids for 2 weeks. Just started soft foods yesterday. I did a lot of broth , popsicles , G2 , Isopure mixed with light cran grape juice. The powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth tastes good and gets some Protein in.

Sent from my DROID4 using VST

For 10-15 days, I am on "clears" which includes Protein drinks so long as they are watered down to a thin consistency. There are also a number of transparent liquid Protein Drinks like Isopure or Special k Protein Drink.

I totally understand your frustration. I see people a few days out of surgery eating cottage cheese and pudding and wonder why such difference? To mix things up, my friend bought me some miso which is delicious and I was planning on making some very thin egg drop Soup and draining out all the chunks. This time will fly by and then we will be eating retried Beans and cottage cheese in no time at all. :-). Hope you are well.

I had surgery on Thurs 12/20 and on liquids (not clear). I can have Protein Shakes, broth, diet drinks, Jello, popsicles, unsweeten tea. I am also drinking one shot of New Whey to help me reach my 70g protein/day. I was told to drink an ounce - working up to 2 ounces - every waking hour. I was told I will be on this for 1-2 weeks, but I go back on Friday, which I am sure I will change to pureed. I can't wait for that!! I am really craving apple sauce!

Also, pickup Wonton Soup (minus the wontons) from a Chinese restaurant. The broth is yummy and gives you the feeling that you are getting to eat out.

I've been on clear liquids since last Wednesday night. My surgery was 7am Friday...I've been existing on Popsicles, chicken broth, beef broth, Jello. I am hungry-- probably a combination of head hunger and true hunger.

My doc's instructions are no full liquids ( Protein powder shakes) for 7 days, which seems extreme to me compared to other people here on VST. It's crazy how everybody's doc has different restrictions for the same surgery. I was just curious about everyone's clear liquid stage post surgery -- how long and what did you eat (drink)? I feel myself getting a little down and depressed....

~Dana

And oh yeah, I haven't lost a pound. How is that possible??? 5 days of almost nothing and no weight loss?

I've been on clear since 12/14 and I was told it stays like that till 1/8. Even then I don't think it will change

I feel the same way as you super hungry but I'm scared to do full liquids

I've been on Clear Liquids since last Wednesday night. My surgery was 7am Friday...I've been existing on Popsicles' date=' chicken broth, beef broth, Jello. I am hungry-- probably a combination of head hunger and true hunger.

My doc's instructions are no full liquids ( Protein powder shakes) for 7 days, which seems extreme to me compared to other people here on VST. It's crazy how everybody's doc has different restrictions for the same surgery. I was just curious about everyone's clear liquid stage post surgery -- how long and what did you eat (drink)? I feel myself getting a little down and depressed....

~Dana[/quote']

My doc is same way, clear 1 week full liquid 1 week then purée for 4 weeks

I've been on clear since 12/14 and I was told it stays like that till 1/8. Even then I don't think it will change

I feel the same way as you super hungry but I'm scared to do full liquids

I had Mu surgery on 12/19 I immediately started broth, Jello, premium Protein shakes, pop cycles sugar free, propel Water.

I am nearly drinking a total of 24 onces of Fluid I find it difficult to do more

I was sleeved 12/19, left the hospital on full liquids and was told I could add mashed taters, yogurt, Soups, and cream of wheat on 12/26. But I'm having a spoonful of potato Soup on xmas day. I weighed on 12/23 and was down 10 lbs.

Who is your doctor? Dr. Lavin did my sleeve in Covington. I'm on clear liquids for a week and then full liquids then adding a lil more. I'm wondering the same thing, why is everyone else getting to eat lol!!