Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

300+ To Loose... Just Got My Surgery Date

Hello everyone,

Not only am I new to this forum but new to this process. I have my very 1st appointment on Jan 24. I am so glad that I found this forum. It has really eased my mind about the decision that I have made to change my life. I look forward to reading all of your success stories. Good luck to all that are awaiting and congrats to all that are succeeding!!

Hello everyone' date='

Not only am I new to this forum but new to this process. I have my very 1st appointment on Jan 24. I am so glad that I found this forum. It has really eased my mind about the decision that I have made to change my life. I look forward to reading all of your success stories. Good luck to all that are awaiting and congrats to all that are succeeding!![/quote']

Good luck, to you, as well!

Thank you TinaF1971!! I am so excited to ge this process started. You are doing GREAT with your weight loss so far. Keep it up!!

Thank you TinaF1971!! I am so excited to ge this process started. You are doing GREAT with your weight loss so far. Keep it up!!

Thanks! :)

Hi, all!

Just wanted to jump back in here and update everyone - I appreciate all the support and advice to find a new surgeon. I did find a new surgeon and he's WONDERFUL. I can't wait to get this sleeve done! I'm doing pre-op testing now - did my bw, my physical with my PCP, already have my NUT and psych visits done, now I just have to do the upper GI next Saturday. Then I schedule my follow up with the surgeon and they'll set a surgery date on that visit! WOO!

Not only is this surgeon much better, but the staff is way more attentive as well. I had an H.M.O. plan and the last surgeon didn't even bother to check my benefits - that plan required 18 months of supervised diet that I didn't have. LUCKILY, when I got the 2nd referral to the new surgeon, their office was way better about getting my plan info and when they told me about the diet requirement, it was at just the right time - it was the ONE week of open enrollment at work for me to switch to the PPO plan. So now I'm on track with a better MD and I'll actually have coverage for the surgery. The PPO plan doesn't have any diet requirement (which is ironic since both the H.M.O and PPO plans are through the same company - you'd think they had the same medical policy for all plan types, but they don't...).

Anyway, I was planning for surgery in May, but I might be able to get it in April, which would be fantastic. I've been staying on a diet and I'm continuing to lose weight, which is great even if it's coming off slowly. I was worried I was losing too much, that a surgeon would think I didn't need surgery since I can lose it on my own, but he reassured me and said, "Well, the surgery will make sure you keep losing and keep it off." He's got a much better attitude! :) :)

I feel like all the struggling before with insurance is paying off, because it's all falling into place now. I can't wait to get the surgery and really kick me weight loss into high gear!!

I hope everyone else is doing well! :)

I agree with MDM, try a male doctor. I know a lot of ladies are shy and think that it is better to have a female doctor....but not necessarily. I had very irregular periods when I was younger. Went from one female GYN to another. One told me YOU ARE FAT, this is how it's going to be. I went to a male doc and told him that my last period was 14 days. He yelled, that's HALF of your life, we gotta do something, and he did. Give the guy docs a try. My prayers are with you.

Thank you!! Mind you, I didn't pick either of these MDs (my insurance did), which makes it a little more difficult, But the new surgeon does happen to be male, and he does have a wayyyy better attitude about surgery and who needs it, so you might be onto something suggesting a male surgeon!! :) My PCP is male also, and he's never disappointed me. I've never had a female doc before and this might stop me from ever using another female doc again!

hi all would love to hear any updates on how things are going. seems like i dont see much activity in these forums. prob everyone is out living their awesome lives. Cant wait to be one of the people that get to do that

I am now down 34 pounds since surgery. I think it's kinda slow & should be more. My surgery was April 3rd. I am definitely under 400 pounds now which is great but was hoping for quicker results. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I am so afraid I am one of the ones that the surgery isn't going to help.

I have too lose 95 pounds on two shakes a day and a small meal, I have six months to do it. Anyone have the same type of path? If so how much have you loss?

Howdy!

I'm new to these boards and am so happy to see this 200+ forum. My needed weight loss feels insurmountable right now but I'm taking a step in the right direction, yes? Anyone else that has a number like 300 to loose? Or have there been? I could use a boost!

I'm already learning a lot from you kind folks and hope to become another voice of experience in the future. Right now, I'm a bundle of hope and nerves.

I'm on two Protein Shakes a day, and a very small meal have to lose 95 pounds before surgery, anyone have the same type of path?

hi all, just checking in,

I finally broke out of the little stall I was in. Weighed today and ten more pounds lost. Total of 50 so far.