Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat in a day?

I was wondering what you guys eat in a day. Mainly about how much at one time and what kind of food you eat. I need ideas for meal planning and I want to know how much (volume) you can eat becaue I can eat a lot at one time. Thanks!!!!

I live in Australia and we dont have all those high Protein recommendations here, nor are we given anything like the strict rules to follow that a lot of American patients seem to be.

I tend to eat 3 times a day with an afternoon snack. I might eat Cereal with some fruit and yogurt from Breakfast, a ham and salad roll or sushi or cheese and crackers or Soup or even a bowl of baked Beans for lunch, some yogurt or maybe a small treat in the afternoon (like a bikkie or two) and then a normal family dinner, anything from spaghetti bolognaise to meat and 3 veg to more exotic curries and the like.

Totally normal, everyday food. But I eat about half as much as I used to, probably get through a cup of food at a time. For instance, if I do eat a roll for lunch, I usually cant finish the entire thing.

My typical day:

Breakfast - nothing.

lunch - pepperoni chips (25) with some cream cheese or half a Chipotle bol.

snack - not usually needed, but if so I will get a 100 calorie snack pack of either Oreo or chips Ahoy.

dinner - a half a fish filet or about 1/3 chicken breast, about 2 or 3 spoons of some vegetable.

After dinner - try to get in a 2x Protein shake (two scoops, 42g protein) w/ Carb Countdown 2% milk, about 16oz total.

This is a basic day for me--we will use yesterday for the example

breakfast--1/2 to 3/4 of a container of yogurt with granola mixed in

(I am tighter in the morning, and am not hungry again for hours usually)

lunch--1/2 sandwich grilled til the bread is crispy, of smoked turkey and

provolone cheese, on sourdough bread. (the bread matters, I can use sourdough or italian bread, and cook it til crisp and it works, plain white bread hurts me...)

snack--a piece of left over cold sausage from breakfast the day before!

dinner--1/2 c. chili, & sm. piece of cornbread I also tried to eat a small piece of low sugar pineapple cream pie, but couldn't fit it in. Think it will be my snack today!!!

Now today I will likely have dinner leftovers for my lunch. I feel very boring when I read some of the fancy foods people eat...but I eat pretty much anything just much less of it! I am not hungry, so I have to remind myself to eat, and eat good food, not graze on junk out of habit.

I have chicken in the crockpot, and will be making either rice or dumplings to go with it for our dinner. My DH is on a soft diet due to some serious health issues he just went through, so maybe I can be more creative after he heals!!!

Kat

Breakfast

Protein shake

lunch

Lean Cuisine - usually an entree w/mashed potatoes

dinner

Soup - pea, cream of chicken, vegetable - low sodium, if possible

Snacks

a light yogurt, sugar-free Jello, whole grain crackers w/ Peanut Butter, fat-free cottage cheese, peaches in juice sweetened with Splenda

I try and stick to this as much as possible but I don't freak out if I can't. There are somedays where it is just not convenient. But for the most part I stick to it. On the weekends I go out and find myself treating myself to Mexican food or something like that but I still limit what I eat. I never get to the point where I feel pain from the band or Pbs. It's all good! You take care of the band and the band takes care of you.

Breakfast:

coffee with a yummy Creamer or milk and sugar-- then I wait awhile before I eat 1/2 c. cereal with milk or a Balance bar.

Lunch: dinner leftovers usually, Some type of protien and veggie. (today it is Salmon, 3-4 oz, about 3 oz of green Beans and 1/4 cup brown rice)

Snack: 1/2 c. sottage cheese and 1/2 banana or small handfull chips or crackers

Dinner: I shoot for a palm size of Protein and the same of a veggie.

Dessert: I try not to have one every night. But maybe pudding (made from the box) or ice cream.

I just started regular food and have not yet had a fill. I am trying my hardest to stick with the amount I am supposed to have so I try to do as much food Protein as possible because the Protein shakes make me gag after the 3 weeks of liquids I had to endure.

Example day:

7 am EAS advantage Protein Drink (I soooooo miss my coffee)

9 am 1 scrambled egg with cheddar and a piece of bacon

12 pm Usually some cream Soup and some tuna. (tried salad and I am not quite ready...)

1 pm V-8 drink

3 pm one cheese stick

6 pm regular dinner, very often fish, stewed chicken, dish like escarole and Beans (Mmmmmm) a table spoon of veggies

10 pm a cup of milk or a Protein shake

When I have to stop for something quick, I grab a pintos and cheese from Taco Bell. Probably fattening, but the best I can do on the run.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 3/4 cup plain yogurt

Lunch: 1/2 cup spicy lentils

Dinner: 4 pieces of a sushi roll and two pieces veggie tempura

Snack: Indian fenugreek bread and steamed cabbage

Today:

Brunch: 1/2 of a crab cake

Snack: a latte

Dinner: probably a slice of pizza and a bit of salad

Here's a typical day's food for me. I've been eating pretty much this amount everyday since my 1 year surgerversary. :-)

When I first wake up I drink 2 cups of Water. That usually takes 30 minutes to an hour depending on how much time I have. After that, I always have a Protein shake (Premier chocolate or Atkins Cafe Caramel) that takes about 15 minutes. 2 hours later, I have greek yogurt and that can take about 8 to 12 minutes to eat. 2 to 3 hours after that, I have my lunch which is usually cheese and deli meat like turkey pepperoni. I will eat 17 turkey pepperoni slices and maybe 5 colby cheese cubes. That can take about 20 to 30 minutes depending on the day. For dinner, I'm not usually hungry so I just drink a glass of milk or have a popsicle.