Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know if it's a stage that everyone goes through but I'm regretting doing my VSG

I'm so scared my stomach will leak the Vitamins taste so bad and so complicated to take I can not stand the Protein Shakes

I'm 4 weeks out I'm not losing much weight I'm gassy, hungry, and constipated my sense of smell has been heightened

I have been eating chicken and salmon and yogurt to get more Protein I'm sooooo regretting having the sleeve done i hope its just a phase I hope I found someone who can relate and not discouraging anyone from pursuing the VSG I'm just looking for support

It gets better. Just as having food funerals is normal before surgery, most people have a little "OMG, what have I done" moment after surgery. Mine didn't hit until about 7 months post op, but a lot of people have theirs (like you) early post-op. Breathe deep, follow your plan, and Celebrate every ounce you've lost. You're doing fine! :)

u sound like me let me tell u it gets better i was sleeved on sept 24th when i came home i would cry i was so angry i was in pain everything smelled awful even Water i looked in the mirror and asked myself why couldt u stop eating i was miserable i wished i never did it now today i went to my doctor i started at 281 today i am 239 as the days go by it will get easier i promise when people told me this i told them to shut the hell up i feel bad now but i did i apologized of course i thought it would never get better but i stand here today off my cholesterol medication able to walk with my kids and im not even at goal yet take it one day at a time find what u like if its just salmon and chicken right now then so be it try to get that Fluid in i did end up in the hospital for dehydration it will be okay hunny dont worry :D

It gets better. Just as having food funerals is normal before surgery, most people have a little "OMG, what have I done" moment after surgery. Mine didn't hit until about 7 months post op, but a lot of people have theirs (like you) early post-op. Breathe deep, follow your plan, and Celebrate every ounce you've lost. You're doing fine! :)

113 pound down congrats wow how long did it take

It gets better. Just as having food funerals is normal before surgery' date=' most people have a little "OMG, what have I done" moment after surgery. Mine didn't hit until about 7 months post op, but a lot of people have theirs (like you) early post-op. Breathe deep, follow your plan, and Celebrate every ounce you've lost. You're doing fine! :)[/quote']

Thank you I thought I was the only person who feels this way because everyone is so excited and strong thanks

Letia, I'm 14 months out from surgery. The first 70 came off like water...everything else has been a definite worked for pound. BUT, I'm also down from a 24/26 to a 14/16 depending on the cut of clothes and I'm now losing inches faster than pounds. Exercise works! :)

I think your feelings are normal and it will get better. At 4 weeks out all food disgusted me and I hated to even try to eat, drink or take Vitamins. I am now 8 weeks out and feeling much better ever though I still have a way to go. Hang in there, you are worth it!

The first couple of months are really tough. I promise it gets better. Hang in there!!

Hi Lissa,

Do you mind if I ask what the reasons were for your regrets at 7 months post surgery?

~Dana

I am at week 10 & very happy, my first month I lost 16 pounds and thought I was going to lose more than that. I was upset w/ myself right after the surgery, regretting that I should have loved myself enough to accept me as I was. Well, thank God I had the courage to do this, I AM THRILLED, I no longer dread walking into a room with many people in it.

I had to kick up my exercise to get the weight to come off faster, I am averaging 4 pounds a week, double what I could have done without the sleeve. Good luck to you, I will be thinking of you and food job for your honesty

charchar, in the beginning I so totally hated this surgery. . was really upset that i had done it. I couldn't eat what i wanted, couldn't drink what i wanted. . . man, i couldn't eat like a gorilla at holiday time anymore. . ugh why did i do it!!! Why? because i looked like a gorilla and was fed up with it. . . then reality set in, i couldn't undo what i had done, so the next best thing to do was to except what i had done. . .3 plus years later I am so happy I did this surgery, I can eat whatever I want and the best thing is over the years i have learned what is a "normal" portion and what doesn't agree with me and what does. I've learned to eat, sip, and enjoy life like a lady and am loving myself for once in my life. I don't look like model material, but then that wasn't the goal. . I am HEALTHY and look the part. My labs are perfect for once in my life and for once in my life I like who looks back at me in the mirror. Don't worry, it gets better and girl once it does WHOA NELLY life gets good!

Hi Lissa,

Do you mind if I ask what the reasons were for your regrets at 7 months post surgery?

~Dana

Dana, I was on the recumbent bike one day, riding like zombies were chasing me, when I suddenly had a small panic attack that I might actually starve to death someday because I wouldn't be able to eat with my sleeve. Mind you, I was 7 months out at the time and eating plenty of food daily, so I have NO clue where that stray thought came from. I beat that thought down, finished my workout and decided to live the rest of my life HAPPY about this surgery. I wouldn't be alive today without my sleeve. :)

I don't know if it's a stage that everyone goes through but I'm regretting doing my VSG

I'm so scared my stomach will leak the Vitamins taste so bad and so complicated to take I can not stand the Protein shakes

I'm 4 weeks out I'm not losing much weight I'm gassy, hungry, and constipated my sense of smell has been heightened

I have been eating chicken and salmon and yogurt to get more Protein I'm sooooo regretting having the sleeve done i hope its just a phase I hope I found someone who can relate and not discouraging anyone from pursuing the VSG I'm just looking for support

Im 1 year post op and i dont regret having the surgery. I didnt start feeling better until i was about 2 months out. Everyone goes through " buyers remorse ". 1 year out and the only regret i have now is not having this done sooner. Im not saying that having this surgery is easy, what i am saying is that it gets easier with time. Stay strong and stay positive. A few months from now you will look back and have a completely different outlook. Good luck !

I know what you mean. I am 19 days out and I have a little "remorse" every day. I've lost 51 pounds since I started(Oct.18) the liquid diet though and that makes it all worth while. Started at 378 now at 327. I just miss food. Its getting better every day though !!!! Hang in there.