Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puree Stage - Recipe/ideas

Thank you for sharing these recipes. I started puree stage yesterday. Can't wait to try them :)

So when you puree food it doesn't change the taste of the food. So like if I puree meatloaf (can you do that)? it will taste like meatloaf? Or if I puree beef stew, or one of those Atkins meals it will taste just like it would if it wasn't pureed? I know a lot of people who only ate baby food, but I think it's because of the look and texture more than the taste of the food.

I think it does change the taste but that is my personal opinion. It could also have been that my taste wasn't quite the same post op. I endured the purer faze - can't say I enjoyed it! However, some of these recipes sound really tasty so I would give them a try!

Honestly, its very hard to say if it changed the flavor of things during puréed stage because after surgery everything tasted and still does taste a little different than before. But by the time you hit puréed diet, you'll be elated with anything that doesn't taste like broth or Jello ;)

I LOVE to cook and am just wrapping up the pureed stage off my diet. Here are some of my favorite concoctions - enjoy!

Egg salad - couple eggs' date=' 1 tsp of mayo, 1/2 tsp of spicy brown mustard, salt & pepper - puree until smooth

Buffalo chicken - can of chicken, 1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 1 tsp. of buffalo sauce, salt & pepper - puree until smooth - MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!

Squash casserole - 1 can of squash with vidalia onion, 2 tbsp of cream cheese, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, salt & pepper, 1 tsp margarine/butter, 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese - puree until smooth, pour into dish and microwave for 90 seconds or until heated through and bubbly

Pintos and cheese - 1 can of Pintos with onion - puree until smooth, pour into dish and cover with 2 tbsp. of shredded cheddar cheese - microwave for 90 seconds or until heated through and bubbly - stir well to combine the cheese - optional: add a bit of enchilada sauce if you are looking for more flavor.

Lemon Ricotta Creme

Take one 15 oz. container of part skim ricotta cheese, add the zest of one lemon, juice of half the lemon, 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 4 packets of splenda - puree until smooth - AWESOME!!!!

You can do variations on this should you choose - substitue orange zest and 1 tbsp. of orange juice with orange extract or keep vanilla extract for a dreamsicle taste. chocolate ricotta creme is easy too by substituting 2 tbsp. cocoa powder instead of zest and juice, same vanilla extract and splenda to sweeten.

Perfect sweet tooth item instead of the same old pudding and/or jell-o and it has a high concentration of Protein due to the ricotta cheese. Enjoy!

Parmesan Garlic Cauliflower (tastes a lot like mashed potatoes, but very low carb!)

1 bag of frozen cauliflower florets

1 tsp butter/margarine

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup of parmesan cheese

1/4 cup of milk

Blend until smooth, pour into a casserole dish and top with another 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and microwave for 90 seconds - enjoy![/quote']

I can't wait to try!

I'm so afraid to eat anything that's not bland but I need to find a way to get some food down!

I can't wait to try!

I'm so afraid to eat anything that's not bland but I need to find a way to get some food down!

Oh honey, that first bite of anything that's not bland will make your stomach make sounds like a whale and your taste buds dance in jubilation :)

I LOVE to cook and am just wrapping up the pureed stage off my diet. Here are some of my favorite concoctions - enjoy!

Egg salad - couple eggs' date=' 1 tsp of mayo, 1/2 tsp of spicy brown mustard, salt & pepper - puree until smooth

Buffalo chicken - can of chicken, 1 tbsp blue cheese crumbles, 2 tbsp ranch dressing, 1 tsp. of buffalo sauce, salt & pepper - puree until smooth - MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!

Squash casserole - 1 can of squash with vidalia onion, 2 tbsp of cream cheese, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, salt & pepper, 1 tsp margarine/butter, 1 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese - puree until smooth, pour into dish and microwave for 90 seconds or until heated through and bubbly

Pintos and cheese - 1 can of Pintos with onion - puree until smooth, pour into dish and cover with 2 tbsp. of shredded cheddar cheese - microwave for 90 seconds or until heated through and bubbly - stir well to combine the cheese - optional: add a bit of enchilada sauce if you are looking for more flavor.

Lemon Ricotta Creme

Take one 15 oz. container of part skim ricotta cheese, add the zest of one lemon, juice of half the lemon, 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 4 packets of splenda - puree until smooth - AWESOME!!!!

You can do variations on this should you choose - substitue orange zest and 1 tbsp. of orange juice with orange extract or keep vanilla extract for a dreamsicle taste. chocolate ricotta creme is easy too by substituting 2 tbsp. cocoa powder instead of zest and juice, same vanilla extract and splenda to sweeten.

Perfect sweet tooth item instead of the same old pudding and/or jell-o and it has a high concentration of Protein due to the ricotta cheese. Enjoy!

Parmesan Garlic Cauliflower (tastes a lot like mashed potatoes, but very low carb!)

1 bag of frozen cauliflower florets

1 tsp butter/margarine

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup of parmesan cheese

1/4 cup of milk

Blend until smooth, pour into a casserole dish and top with another 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and microwave for 90 seconds - enjoy![/quote']

Question. On the mashed colliflower. Do you cook the before pureeing or do you purée the frozen

Just wondering if something is wrong w me. I'm going into week four post op. I just started a egg salad and canned chicken w mayo and tried some cheese for a snack. I have no problem eating these items. I mash them good but don't purée them. I chew well and it all goes down and stays down. Is this normal? I'm satisfied and often don't finish the ounce of what ever I'm eating. I feel like since everyone has said it should take 30 mins to eat Nd purée everything, that I'm doing something g wrong and harming myself. Any ideas? I'm also calling dr tommorow bc I throw up on the protien shakes. No matter what brand or kind I get sick. I just feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I tried the Lemon Ricotta. It's good even though I forgot to ad the vanilla extract. I put it in 4 oz. containers. I'm going to put a drop or two of vanilla extract in each one. I think I'll try the buffalo chicken recipe today. I have about 2 and a half weeks left on pureed foods and then it's on to soft foods.

Just wondering if something is wrong w me. I'm going into week four post op. I just started a egg salad and canned chicken w mayo and tried some cheese for a snack. I have no problem eating these items. I mash them good but don't purée them. I chew well and it all goes down and stays down. Is this normal? I'm satisfied and often don't finish the ounce of what ever I'm eating. I feel like since everyone has said it should take 30 mins to eat Nd purée everything' date=' that I'm doing something g wrong and harming myself. Any ideas? I'm also calling dr tommorow bc I throw up on the protien shakes. No matter what brand or kind I get sick. I just feel like I'm doing something wrong.[/quote']

I don't think so, I think everyone's tummy deals with the trauma in a different way. Still only able to eat a little and not vomiting, sounds ok to me but always best to check.

I'm aloud (day 7) anything that fits through a straw like Soups and stuff, but my tummy doesn't like it (sware it's screaming no at me) so after several tries, I've ruled it out. I do better with dairy.