Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bmi 35 Need To Lose 75 Lbs

Absolutely we will get together, support is very important :)

Hi everyone' date=' I am new. I was sleeved on feb. 26, 2013, preop weight 212 and I am 5' 6". My goal is 150 lbs and my current weight is 205. I have lost nothing in the second week and am very discouraged. I have Pcos and very hig cholesterol, etc. Any advice would be appreciated.[/quote']

Hey dont be discouraged the moment u get discouraged is the moment things will go wrong u wa sleeve on July 16th nd was 287 now 201 nd highest weight was 316 so I no I exercise alot nd been stuck in 207 for 2 months then went to 204 then now 201. But its been gettin so hard nd I wanna b 150 also nd im 5 foot 2 so amagin want ive been through so good luck to the both of u pleas keep me posted nd ill keep yall. Everyone need a support even I

I am down!!! Yay!!! 202. This morning!!! Feeling stronger everyday!!!

I am down!!! Yay!!! 202. This morning!!! Feeling stronger everyday!!!

Congrats!!!! Just curious are the 14 lbs lost include preop diet weight loss? Or was this your weight surgery day?

Hello! I am new to this. My sleeve is scheduled for 11/26/12. Not sure what to expect. I am 5'1 and 185 lbs. Should I expect rapid results or will it be slow being that I am starting out with a lower weight? Any help or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

How r u doing?

Hi my bmi was only 34 and I am

5'7 215 pounds with high blood pressure. I had my sleeve on Oct 15th and am already down 25 pounds!!! I also have been on Yo yo

Diets and just could never keep it off. But so far I love my sleeve!! I don't think about food like I use to I eat to live not live to eat!! Good luck to all!!!

Hey we have almost the same stats! thanks for the post!

Hi everyone....please please don't compare yourselves to others....we are all different. But just read this forum and you will see:

HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU LOSE WITH THIS SURGERY COMPARED TO ALL THE DIETS WE HAVE BEEN ON!!!!

HOW HAPPIER AND HEALTHIER WE ALL ARE!!!

HOW THIS HAS CHANGED OUR LIVES, OUR ATTITUDES, OUR SPIRITS, OUR FAMILIES, IN ADDITION TO HOW WE LOOK!

I have seen posts where people have complained that they only lost 5 or 6 lbs in one month...and are only 'down' 40 lbs in 6 months....are you kidding me???? When was the LAST time you lost that much with a diet!!!

I am 4 plus years out and still at goal weight. I rarely lost weight with a diet and certainly never kept off the little I lost.

You may bounce up and down a bit, you hit a stall if you are still in the losing phase, but YOU ARE LOSING AND SOON YOU WILL BE A NORMAL WEIGHT PERSON.

I AM GRATEFUL EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THIS SURGERY. AND THIS FORUM AND ALL THE POSITIVE VIBES FROM ALL OF YOU. LET'S NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN!!!

I have the exact same stats, 5'1 and 188lbs, and have a 35bmi. I am in the process of insurance approval, excited and nervous. I have borderline hbp, and pre diabetes.... I'm hopping this will help me get healthy.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Hi everyone I am 5'3 185 pounds, 19 I am super depressed, my back always hurts I am sleep deprived and I am just so sad with how my life is. I have always been around 130 but in a year worth time I gained 70 pounds and its been that way for two years now. I am considering getting the sleeve but I need opinions from those with a lower weight and bmi and their experience. I am going to go get it done in Mexico. What should I expect? Will it be safe? Also will I have lots of lose skin? Are the complications high? What do we do if we have complications but got surgery out of the US? I need options I am running out of options. I have tried EVERYTHING!!!! Literally! Nothing is coming off!

HI MaryLynn:
My blog is www.queenofcrop.com You might want to start with www.queenofcrop.com/about and go from there....I think you must not have your signatures turned on in your preferences otherwise you could see it in my signature. That happened to me at first too. For some reason (I have yet to understand why) the forum doesn't want you to put the link to your blog in the messages. This makes no sense to me because we are all here to support each other in what ever way we can. But I'll risk getting my hand slapped again so you have the link!
Good thread here...and good luck to those who are just coming on board to the forum...

Thank you! I'm very similar to you in stats (age 50 (a month shy of 51), a smidge over 200 pounds and depending on who measured me last I'm somewhere between 5"2 and 5"3) and was sleeved 5 days ago! I just ordered a Kindle copy of your book! I'm looking forward to seeing how your whole first year of this journey went.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow, our first correspondence was in 2012! Congratulations on your sleeve; hope you are doing well. The first few months is so weird, so just roll with it if you can. It gets better every day! Hard to believe I am now 6 years out! Keep me posted and thanks for buying my book. I do think it's inspirational and if you can follow along each week you might find some similarities. Although honestly, I think I was a poster child for what not to do since I was traveling and had zero follow up.

Your new you has started!!!!

Queen of Crop

Wow, our first correspondence was in 2012! Congratulations on your sleeve; hope you are doing well. The first few months is so weird, so just roll with it if you can. It gets better every day! Hard to believe I am now 6 years out! Keep me posted and thanks for buying my book. I do think it's inspirational and if you can follow along each week you might find some similarities. Although honestly, I think I was a poster child for what not to do since I was traveling and had zero follow up.
Your new you has started!!!!
Queen of Crop

Haha I didn't even realize we had corresponded in 2012. (I'm using the mobile app so not even sure how to find this type of info) That's was a couple years into my lapband adventures! I had to have that removed in Feb. Of this year and now I had the revision to VSG.

I am looking forward to following you journey for the first year. My husband and I are not retired yet but we do love to travel. We went to Ireland for three weeks last year (our honeymoon) and will be heading to Scotland for two weeks next year during the Royal Tattoo. I'm hoping to be in better shape for Scotland so I can enjoy walking a lot more without all the " rest stops and backaches".

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

I have the exact same stats, 5'1 and 188lbs, and have a 35bmi. I am in the process of insurance approval, excited and nervous. I have borderline hbp, and pre diabetes.... I'm hopping this will help me get healthy.
Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Did you ever get the surgery? How long did it take you to get approval from your insurance company from start to surgery date?

Sent from my SM-G892U using BariatricPal mobile app