Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I Can't Stop Grazing :(

I don't know what's happening to me. Ugh!!! It's been about a week now that I can't stop grazing. Why is this happening? I was doing to good and now I keep looking for chocolate and other junk to eat. After Breakfast I'm looking for cake or Cookies. After lunch I'm looking for chocolate and other junk to nosh on. What's going on???????

It must be in your head and old habits trying to sneak back in. shake them lose and banish them for good. You can do this!! You don't need chocolate and snacks!!!! You ride the wave sister!!

I'm trying, but it's been so hard. I don't understand why all of sudden this is happening.

I started to notice the same thing. So what I've been doing is focusing on drinking water/fluids. I notice if I'm focusing on my fluids it takes my mind off of food.< /p>

I'm having the same issue. Trying to focus on protein...have a Protein Shake when I think I need a snack. We can do this!

I started to notice the same thing. So what I've been doing is focusing on drinking water/fluids. I notice if I'm focusing on my fluids it takes my mind off of food.

Great idea!!!! I'll try that. :)

I'm having the same issue. Trying to focus on Protein...have a Protein shake when I think I need a snack. We can do this!

That's a good idea also. Most times I don't get all my Proteins in anyway.

picking up new hobbies may help, too.. if you can get out & about & meet new people with similar interests or even do free things, like art galleries/museums, etc.. getting fresh air in your lungs & getting your mind focused on DOING something besides lounging around the house will help.. like chris powell says.. get comfortable being uncomfortable... do something outside of your comfort zone. :) actively seek new stuff to do.. doesn't have to cost money.. can be anything.. volunteer work, etc.. focus attention on someone else or something else besides yourself. :)

Are eating enough? are you eating enough Protein? also, are your meals scheduled? So your body knows exactly when to expect food and not be on the look out for it.

Finally, are you drinking enough Water? That helps curb your cravings. I start drinking 1hr after a meal and stop 30 minutes before a meal.

Although I am back to work a pretty busy schedule, I eat at the same time every day. That way I control my appetite and don't go too long without eating. My NUT said over time, my body will learn to only expect food at a specific time and not send hunger signals until then. But I have to be consistent. Also, I carried my snack with me. But I only allow myself the treat on horrible/bad days. On those days where the outside stresses just over take my better judgment, I have my favorite Cherry Greek yogurt :wub: with me. I only eat it when I am in a bad need of a "fix". That's my treat.

Do your best to stay away from the bad stuff. Keep building good food judgement. You can do it :)

picking up new hobbies may help, too.. if you can get out & about & meet new people with similar interests or even do free things, like art galleries/museums, etc.. getting fresh air in your lungs & getting your mind focused on DOING something besides lounging around the house will help.. like chris powell says.. get comfortable being uncomfortable... do something outside of your comfort zone. :) actively seek new stuff to do.. doesn't have to cost money.. can be anything.. volunteer work, etc.. focus attention on someone else or something else besides yourself. :)

Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of doing volunteer work or searching for an activity or new people to meet. I am a nanny for two little girls who like to snack all day. I will try to get out of the house my often and walk with them.

I know I don't drink enough Water. The most I get in are 32 oz a day and thats on a good day. For some reason after surgery, I don't like drinking anymore. I will put more of an effort into it.

Well, if you read all of your posts objectively in this thread, you have your answer:

"Most of the time, I don't get all my Protein."

"I know I don't drink enough water"

" I am a nanny for two little girls who like to snack all day"

Instead of eating carp, get good things to snack on. What are you teaching them by allowing to snack all day? If you stay compliant to the guidelines, IMO, it is easier.

For me it was water!! When I get at least 64-80 oz a day, I don't crave and cave to junky Snacks..... If i don't, I'm almost a mini-human garbage disposal!!!

I also pack healthy Snacks in little baggies.. and when my baggies are gone, I'm done snacking for the day... Doing this has stopped me from raiding my co-workers snack bin.. Also, how are you on your vits?? When i miss my B-12 and B-complex I STAY hungry.. well, what I think it hungry!! LOL

I bring healthy Snacks with me and for the most part, I eat them. It's just been this past week that I haven't been looking to eat them but crave the junk. I don't take B-6 or B-12 Vitamins. I take a multi Vitamin and Calcium with D. I wonder if I should be taking those Vitamins also.

@Pdxman - thanks for the kick in the butt. I needed that!!!!!