Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 6' tall, currently wearing a size 26 and weighing in at 350. I just got approved for the surgery so my date is tbt but it will be soon. I think my surgeon is scheduling end of Oct/early Nov. My goal weight from the surgeon is 220. For my height, I could go as low as 180, realistically, if I get around 195 I'd be pleased.

I'm not going to lie, seeing people starting out at their highest weight, and having that number be the same as my goal number makes me feel like ****. I get that they're like 5'4 or whatever, but it still sucks.

Where are all my tall ladies? I am getting so discouraged! I want to see some before/afters and waist clothing sizes for tall girls like me! I know you're out there! We need to start a club or something.

Girlfriend!!! Don't panic!! Let me give you some stats:

6'2" highest weight 337, weight morning of surgery 306

Goal weight from dietician 212

Personal goal weight 190

"Secret" goal weight 175

Current weight 177

Starting size 3X/4X, 26/28

Current size L shirts (the girls....'nuff said) and M pants, 12/14 tops and 10/12 pants

Shoe size 12W to 11N (not making that up)

I'm so excited to see your message and will be looking forward to seeing your progress!! Whoo-HOO tall girls!!

thank you! It's so nice to see that I'm not alone. I was beginning to think that everyone 6' and over was a stick figure super model, or a man!

So wow- a 10/12 is awesome. That would be unbelievable. I think I was that size when I was in 8th grade!

If you don't mind me asking, how is your skin? I had my nut tell me that because I am taller and will lose from a broader area, the weight loss to my body will not seem so shocking, and I shouldn't have as much lose skin. I'm hoping she's right! But she's short, and never been overweight so who knows :)

Abbie

I can't believe I'm in a 10/12--it's just still unbelievable to me. I was wearing 14/16 in high school. :-) My skin isn't horrid, but you're so much younger than me that yours should be great! I have some loose skin on my belly (ick) and my upper thighs aren't pretty, but overall I can't complain. I'm a conductor (music, not trains or electricity, LOL) so I get a lot of upper body exercise--my arms were seriously muscled before surgery but not bulky--they aren't as jiggly as they should by all rights be, but I do have a bit of a batwing.

Honestly, I look fine in clothes--and the only other person who sees me naked loves what he sees, so I'm not worried about it. :-) Yours will be so much better than mine, period, because you have youth, and because you're going to EXERCISE, which I didn't/don't do.... it really will help keep things tightened up, and I should have done it from the get-go.

I’m 6ft and I feel ya the I am 180 and having the sleeve peeps make me think holy F!

180lbs is nearly 13stone for uk peeps and with our height would be like a size 10 which is skinny so I know what you mean for sure lol

These are a couple of my compares 29th of may and the 29th of july that was about 80lbs difference between them dates.

I only do pics and measurements on the 29th/30th of the month to see what’s changed.

post-34509-13813659731928_thumb.jpg

post-34509-13813659732084_thumb.jpg

that's awesome that you're a conductor - I play the cello! Do you conduct band or orchestra?

I am hoping youth is on my side :) I've been seriously overweight for the last 6 years, mildly overweight for another 6 years before that. Plus I've had a baby so my belly got stretched! I just want to fast forward to a year from now!

Just looking at your profile, your before pic looks a lot like my body shape. This gives me hope - thank you!

I’m 6ft and I feel ya the I am 180 and having the sleeve peeps make me think holy F!

180lbs is nearly 13stone for uk peeps and with our height would be like a size 10 which is skinny so I know what you mean for sure lol

These are a couple of my compares 29th of may and the 29th of july that was about 80lbs difference between them dates.

I only do pics and measurements on the 29th/30th of the month to see what’s changed.

Thank you for sharing your pics. Are you finding your weight loss to "show" slower since there's more body to lose from? I'm adding you all as friends because I want to keep up with tall people like me!

Abbie...we could be twins! I'm just a hair under 6', my highest weight (in March of this year) was 354. Day of surgery I was 302.4. Current weight (10 weeks post-op) is 258.6. My goal weight is 180! I actually commented on someone's post the other day.....she said she was getting surgery, and was currently 180, hoping to get down to something I'll never see....I laughed and said simply "180 is my goal weight!" LOL I don't feel bad about it....I know that, at 180, I will be rockin' whatever I'm wearing! :)

This truly is an amazing....and completely individual...experience!! :)

Laura

I know--I'd have to amputate a limb or two to get down to where some of these petite girls get! LOL

I don’t find it slow or slow to show either I don’t constantly check myself out in mirrors or anything and honestly I don’t do the weighing myself thing they told me not too and frankly I don’t want to so when I go to the hospital or gp they do it about once or twice a month its always down I am 106lbs down as of last thrusday so to me its good.

When I check my measurements its always down too so for me that’s all I need to know.

I do know clothes are looser sometimes I thank heavens for draw string waistbands I mean you slip on a pair of pants grab loads of stuff and go down 3 flights of stairs to find your pants are going down and end up around your ankles is highly amusing!

Yes that has happened to me a couple of times thankfully just in my own home but yeah I kinda like that lol

Just pull the drawstrings even tighter to keep them up lol

I saw your question on skin for me I have some on my upper arms which was really bad but I do hand weights for them every day and noticed the skin tightens and if I flex I can see the muscle pump.

My inner upper thighs suck!

And again I didn’t have big legs really bigger yes I wasn’t a pear I was a apple and pretty much was all belly boobs and back so the inner thigh thing is like pff!

Backs fine the backwings aint all saggy and odd (not yet anyway lol)

And only the very bottom of my belly is a little looser, boobs suck I can fold them and if you grab the skin and pull it settles in a wrinkled peak lol

Oh I can fold my belly LOL if I lay on my back I can fold the bottom up to the middle lol

I do strange things like stand and wiggled so my sister can see my inner thighs flapping about to just laugh at it or wedge my boobs under my armpits and walk in the room to look flat chested lol

Abbie...we could be twins! I'm just a hair under 6', my highest weight (in March of this year) was 354. Day of surgery I was 302.4. Current weight (10 weeks post-op) is 258.6. My goal weight is 180! I actually commented on someone's post the other day.....she said she was getting surgery, and was currently 180, hoping to get down to something I'll never see....I laughed and said simply "180 is my goal weight!" LOL I don't feel bad about it....I know that, at 180, I will be rockin' whatever I'm wearing! :)

This truly is an amazing....and completely individual...experience!! :)

Laura

Great job Laura! We are very close in weights! What size are you wearing at 258? I know I need to stop worrying about the numbers, but it's hard! I remember being 185lbs and 6' my freshmen year, all my friends were shorter than me, and like 110, 130 tops. I felt like such a cow! Which only made me eat more! Ah its' a cycle. I just get so frustrated seeing people starting out at what my goal weight is! It's hard to relate to those people!

I don’t do the weighing myself thing they told me not too and frankly I don’t want to so when I go to the hospital or gp they do it about once or twice a month its always down I am 106lbs down as of last thrusday so to me its good.

I need to do that too. Good idea. I am very much apple shaped too, my legs are not all that big, I always have baggy legged jeans if I'm getting my waist to fit. All my weight is mostly on my stomach. I do have boob weight, they're about D's so I'm curious as to what those will be like after. I've nursed a baby though, so as long as I can get them to look good in a bra, I'm ok. Like somebody said above, the only person who will see me naked is my hubby and he will love me no matter what :)

i was a G I am now a D in the space of 3 months lol

for my clothing size I was day of the op finding it hard to fit into a uk 38 which is a us 36 so major top end of plus size I can now fit in to a really crazy amount of sizes like 28/30 jeans and fixed waistband pants are fine so 26/28 us size pj pants a size 24 so us size 22 they are bigger anyway pj pants but yeah its kinda odd how clothes are on my now.

The inch thing between the 2 pictures I posted I lost 9inches on my waist/belly may I was 65inches july 56inches, over all from my highest weight and size till I last measured I have lost 21inches on my waist/belly at my highest I was 77inches.

These are differences I notice I know where its shifting from by measuring my body.

I do calf’s/calves (whichever one isn’t a animal LOL) thighs butt belly then public line up to the top of my belly to see how big the belly bulge is boobs and upper arms.

Oh to edit in I write down the monthly measurements in the back of my food log just to keep a record of that.

Great job Laura! We are very close in weights! What size are you wearing at 258? I know I need to stop worrying about the numbers, but it's hard! I remember being 185lbs and 6' my freshmen year, all my friends were shorter than me, and like 110, 130 tops. I felt like such a cow! Which only made me eat more! Ah its' a cycle. I just get so frustrated seeing people starting out at what my goal weight is! It's hard to relate to those people!

I just recently went clothes shopping (and was gifted with a boat-load of clothes from a wonderful friend!). I tried on size 22 jeans, but decided to keep wearing my baggy 26's until I could get into 20's. When I got home, I ordered 3 pairs of size 20 jeans (from CJ Banks online). When they showed up, a week later, I tried a pair on....on a lark...and THEY FIT!!! My blouses have gone from a 5X to a loose 2X, and I bought new bras this past weekend....I've gone from a 50F to a 46DD! I've lost a total of 14.5 inches, from neck, chest, waist and hips, since a week after my surgery (June 19th). I couldn't be happier!! :)

I soooo hope my shoe size goes down. I used to be an 11-11.5 now I'm a 12. I'm not sure if it's my extra weight or just that my feet grew during pregnancy! I'm hoping it's just extra weight. Would love to take my shoe size down a little!