Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone. Hope you are all recovered! We (my husband and I) booked our flights today but I'm wondering how far the Marriott is from Mi hospital? I don't think my hubs will be happy staying in the hospital with me but I do want him close.

Hi Ladies

I'm in Calgary and scheduled for sleeve Oct 23rd, 2014. I start my ensure HP only for 21 days on Oct 2nd. There is a great weight clinic here in the city for these surgeries.. interested why people are flying and paying for this? If there is a need for surgery then Alberta health does cover it.

Look forward to chatting!

Hi Gaudjosl. When I saw my family doctor he said the waiting list would be at least two years. I am curious about the process you had to go through and where you are getting your sleeve in Calgary. I didn't want to wait - that is why I am going to Mexico. I decided to do this and then picked my date. No hoops or evaluations or meetings or insurance stuff.

Thanks. Joan

The same here, I attempted to get the surgery locally and the wait was over 2 years with several hoops to jump through.

Every hoop is another doctors appointment, days I have to book off from work.... Days I can't afford to take and they could still decline me...

I am booked in Mexico 2 months after I made the decision.

I had my family doctor sign the documents for Alberta health to reimburse a portion of the surgery and I will claim the remaining on my taxes. (For a total of $4,500.00 returned to me)..

Hi Joan...yes its a lot of hoops for sure but they really teach you tools that will prepare you for lifelong health. I did start my process in 2012 but I declined surgery then. I only decided I wanted surgery this February. Met the surgeon in April. It took me less then 6 months and it's local and free. I'll be at Peter lougheed. I just stocked up on my ensure high Protein. Keep in touch. Would be great to go thru this with ppl.

The same here, I attempted to get the surgery locally and the wait was over 2 years with several hoops to jump through.

Every hoop is another doctors appointment, days I have to book off from work.... Days I can't afford to take and they could still decline me...

I am booked in Mexico 2 months after I made the decision.

I had my family doctor sign the documents for Alberta health to reimburse a portion of the surgery and I will claim the remaining on my taxes. (For a total of $4,500.00 returned to me)..

What form is needed from you GP to have your surgery covered by AHC? I'm going to Mexico because I don't want to wait but I am definitely a viable candidate for the surgery. A reimbursement would be nice...

What form is needed from you GP to have your surgery covered by AHC? I'm going to Mexico because I don't want to wait but I am definitely a viable candidate for the surgery. A reimbursement would be nice...

Here's the link... :)

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/submitting-claims.html

I live in Calgary SE and I will be having my surgery on January 12th at OCC in Mexico with Dr. Ariel Ortiz. Which Vitamins and shakes are you buying? Shipping them from the US is soooo expensive (recommended Vitaleph.com)

Thanks!

I ordered BenePROTEIN from well.ca. free shipping. I'm in calgary too. Message me anytime. I just had surgery Oct 16th.

Hello everyone !

I am due to be banded in Jan 2015.

I am from Calgary and was wondering if there had been a Calgary "group" started?

Cheers!

how are all the Calgary Men and ladies doing with Their weight loss Journey? I had my sleeve done in April of 2015 and am down 80 lbs since then.

What a blessing this has been to my life, I'm stronger, feel healthier and my wife loves buy me a new wardrobe.