Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

checking in..back to running..what a difference…I have decided just to give up Protein bar/shakes unless something new and improved shows it's face. Now they are putting "fiber" aka chicory root (inulin) in everything and it really upsets my GI tract! (same w/oat bran back in the day they put that in everything)

Maybe this is a good thing so I am forced to find real food with Protein in it. Hope everyone is doing well. Still going to "weekly weigh-in"

What is weird is that people are forgeting I was fat before. I am becoming a skinny b***h! Never thought I would see the day :lol:

Dee

Dee in my case it's mostly circumstance but I'm forced to make most things from scratch. It just takes far too long to wait on food to arrive from the states. So I make my own granola bars and now that we've been eating them for over a year, my kids won't eat the box of store bought ones my husband picked up on a trip to Tampa.

If there's a food you want in your diet because you enjoy it and it makes your life easier, it might be worth trying to see if you can replicate it yourself in your own kitchen. It puts you totally in control of the ingredients, portion sizes, flavors, etc. It seems time consuming at first but once you fit it into your routine you'd be amazed at how easy it is to set aside a small block of free time for this.

I wouldn't say it's the biggest cost savings, but I do know what we're eating and that makes me happy.

As for my own check-in, staying on track is something I need to re-boot every few months now that I'm living a post-goal life. It's odd. It's never an immediate collapse into bad habits. It's that tiny bit here and extra portion there. Being pregnant after WLS is HARD. I didn't expect it to be easy but my diet is so bizarre because of the inability to eat meat (baby doesn't like it) and my lactose intolerance. Good quality Protein choices are getting hard to find here. I'm very, very grateful to be going back to the states in two weeks. There are so many more convenient (but still healthy) options for Protein there that aren't easy to find here. If I want any kind of bean I need to think about it a day or two in advance so I can buy them at the market, soak them and cook them before making them into a dish. It's not the end of the world it's just those added steps that make my life more difficult than it needs to be!

I hope everyone else is doing okay keeping on track. We tell new folks this all the time but it really is a lifelong commitment and the work is only beginning once you reach goal. I think if more people understood what that really means they wouldn't be so worried about their rate of weight loss. :)

~Cheri

I'm having a lot of trouble staying on track. Things went haywire during the holidays and I can't seem to stay on track for more than a few days now.

I'm trying very hard to make it to the gym most mornings.

Honestly, I am so tired of worrying about regain, but I know if I don't, I'll just keep regaining. I'm 60 years old, and I've been worrying about my weight my entire life. I am ready to relax, but I know exactly what would happen if I did.

I thought I would put a quick up date... I had a 'relaxed' December - ate and drank what I wanted and it did result in a little gain. I have a persoanal bounce range and I went over that by a pound or two... now that is back off and I am in the middle of the bounce range again, 2lb off my lowest. I never made either my goal or my surgeon's goal.

Since the New Year, I am back to eating very clean... I've cut out all breads, grains, a lot of sugar and I am feeling the benefits. I am not looking for food between meals, my hunger (ok, it wasn't bad but there sometimes) isn't around and my headaches have pretty much gone.

I think, this is how I have to eat now, and to be honest, it isn't so bad! The food I eat is delicious, home cooked and fresh. It tastes so much better than processed crap! My portion sizes are still good and although I can eat an ounce or so more than I could at 12mths post op, I am happier with this because I don't feel deprived!

I still want to get to my surgeons goal... I'm 10-12lbs away from that... My hubby is eating the same way as me now, he's lost 10lb! It is easier to eat this way when there is someone with you...

I've also booked a TT consultation, with a possible uplift/implant. You never know, perhaps the surgeon could remove 10lbs of skin....lol!!

Sometimes I think not making goal has been a blessing for me... because I read the stories of regain after and I think that would be emotionally harder!

We all just gotta keep on keeping on... we are in this for LIFE!

Forgot to say... the one thing I haven't picked up properly is exercise... I do walk and I occasionally go to the gym ... but I am not doing it regularly like I did this time last year. Since I had problems with my back, I am worried about 'hard' exercise because I really don't want to experience that sort of pain again!

I do miss it though, especially the boxing gym, so I think, when I am ready, I will work my way back there.

Oregondaisy I do have to admit that I am constantly worrying about regaining my weight back. It is so frustrating to not trust that I'm not going to gain it back bc I know that it is possible. I struggle with letting my guard down because that's my pattern of the past......then regaining weight plus more..... So here's to being aware of where we are so we don't slip back to old eating habits......

Coops your doing really well and eating healthy which has trickled down to your DH and I imagine your daughter is eating differently now too! Added benefits for them. Looking forward to hearing more about your TT and other lifts...... :) This I call reaping the benefits of all your accomplishments.....Glad to hear your back down 2 lbs.....

Now for me, I need to just stay on course for me with stopping the going out to eat Sh**......Can't eat that much anyways.....Who knows what the restaurants put in our food.....I know it's loaded with sugars, fats, and sodium, so now is my time to take control of what goes into my food. I don't eat processed foods at home, but I do at the restaurants..... :( So no more of that for me.......Will be getting better organized here....... :)

Cheri I love that your making your own healthy granola and the kids like it much better than the boxed....This is my goal from here on out......You are really rocking your world and role modeling for your youngsters healthy eating habits.....after all you and everyone else on here are normal.... :) Keep posting.....I love what you have to say...

We all just gotta keep on keeping on... we are in this for LIFE!

COOPS! I've missed your posts, lady! I just wanted to say that it's nice to see you. :)

And you look wonderful, surgeon's goal be damned. It's been a long, hard road for you, but you're maintaining and doing well and that's something to be thankful for in any case.

~Cheri

Escape Pod how are you doing. I believe I have lost a few more ozs (I'll take them), my bounce is at a lower # now. So now it's officially 80 lbs..... Yayyyyyy....This is the number I always new that I needed to loose. And I've done it. Now to stay on track for ever, which is a long time. went out to lunch yesterday and looked at the menu and told myself, "Why am I so determined to go out to lunch?, I can make better, less expensive food at home." For the first time, I really didn't want to be there, plus I could only eat less than 1/4th of the shrimp ceviche......So today is preparing my DH and my own healthy foods now.....I'm so thinking of all the $$$$$ I'll save too by not going out...If my DH doesn't want to share, then I'm not going out, he'll have to eat what I cook......There i have put this in writing......... :ph34r:

Good morning, I hate to admit, Ive never reached my goal weight! I dont know what to do?

Going back to basics really helps. Eating Protein and veggies helps. Also keeping your calories under 1000 to lose weight.

Yep, basics. Protein and lots of it. Healthy Snacks between meals if you're grazing. How far off your goal are you? Is this a matter of accepting your body doesn't want to go farther or can you go farther? No judgment here - real talk. We've all been there. I've gone up a bit and down over the years. It happens. The sure course to taking it off is always lots of liquids, protein, salads, good carbs and no junk. I hate it for a few days but quickly get over my cravings and see results on the scale. I'm a terribly slow loser, so 20 pounds of regain can take me six months to shed.

You know the drill. Good luck. Lately I find green smoothies help me, as does curbing sugar, but personally I advise against going full liquids at our stage as I think it's too drastic. Just my opinion.

Cheri