Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can not shop in the frozen section of the grocery store with a sweater or coat. I literally am freezing.

I'm 9 months post op- The AC is on because the family is warm- it's set at 74. I'm wearing long flannel pj's, socks, a sweater, and I'm huddled up with a blanket as I write this. I'm always cold now days.

I went to do some research and here is what I found,

http://www.livestrong.com/article/305720-how-come-when-you-lose-weight-you-feel-cold/

I hope my body is not rationing the fats... God, its so hard to strike a balance in life.

You eat, you put on weight, you don't eat, you dont lose weight...

:(

So here I am shivering in e.r. I laid in bed and shivered for hours. I didn't know what to do finally drove myself to er at 2:30 a.m. Labs r fine they were about to discharge me when my fever spiked to 102. :(

Cold too ): I feel silly when I go out, even in this hot weather I start to shake really bad. Forget turning the ad to 70 and 2 fans on for that freezing but snugly warm under the heavy comforter feeling, temp is now o. 80 and I get that haha

So here I am shivering in e.r. I laid in bed and shivered for hours. I didn't know what to do finally drove myself to er at 2:30 a.m. Labs r fine they were about to discharge me when my fever spiked to 102. :(

@cmullinvegas- wow! Have they given you any ideas as to what's going on? I hope you feel better soon. It scares me to see people have complications this far out when they have done so well (as you have).

Hey Calikat, honestly they were not very helpful. I mentioned my sleeve and the IUD I had inserted yesterday. They just gave me tylenol and sent me home. The tylenol worked right away because then I was getting so hot. I have been resting but my tempature keeps flunctuating. Thanks for your concern.

It takes calories to keep our body heated up. We do not have any to spare. It got better for me after I got on solid food.

Also did a search and found this thread here:

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/11640-ghrelin-and-sleep-and-heat-regulation/

Yes, me and I LOVE IT! before I was always super hot...I hated it, plus I'm saving money on my electric bill...before the AC was on all of the time :)

I was cold for months. I am 6 months out now, still a little cooler but not nearly as bad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with this. Prior to surgery I was always hot. Now I am freezing. We just walked from Walmart to our car and I feel the cold in my bones. I am 90 lbs down so I guess it's due to losing all that insulation. Brrrrrr.

I know this is an old thread but I figured this would help out. Ghrelin not only regulates our hunger but it helps in our energy input and output. When we don't have it anymore through the sleeve, our bodies lose more heat through energy than when we had the hormone doing its job. I'd rather be cold all the time and be healthy than fat and hot and hungry. Lol.

Losing fat to exchange for a cute little sweater! Seriously I have that happen at night, after sweats. I think the sleeve is triggering my middle aged hormones.

I am always cold now. Use to be hot all the time.

Thanks to everyone for these posts - I am a newbie, first day on this support group/forum, and 2 months post-surgery (20 Oct 2014). I have been freezing ALL of the time. My family is so hot in the house that here in Colorado in December, they are opening the doors to cool the house down because THEY are so hot - since I have tried to tweak the thermostat now and then! So now that I read all of your posts, it makes some sense. Thanks also to the folks who provide some URLs with external links, made for some interesting reading. Thanks again!