Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For for the last few days I have been so cold. Is this normal for sleevers?

Totally normal. If you do a search about it, you will see many, many people have temp issues. I still am chilly at 7 weeks out.

I've heard a lot of people talk about being cold after surgery. Less insulation, maybe?

I am cold at times. I think it is a metabolism,

I remember doing a low fat diet years ago and was always freezing. I do think it's normal.

Ya, I don't know what's up with that, but I've been like that since surgery too, which will be WAY nice here in New Mexico during the summer. I was normally so hot all the time, I never went out in the summer time. Rarely wore a jacket in the winter. I get my own private summers with menopause, and that has even calmed down! So...it's working for me.

My husband laughs because I now have a blanket on when I am sitting on the coach. I am also the one that never has socks on and I can't live without them now.

I rather dress in layers than not lose the weight

I have been on my pre op diet for two weeks and I am freezing all the time. My husband laughs and says "Now you know how I have felt all of these years." He says I would always make him cold by having the windows open or having the AC on high. Boy am I paying for it now.

I am still pre-op, but I read that there is something in the stomach that regulates body temperature. My understanding is this is affected by the removal of so much stomach during sleeve surgery. I'm not completely sure on how this works, but it makes sense when you consider how often you hear of post WLS surgery patients being cold.

I am still pre-op' date=' but I read that there is something in the stomach that regulates body temperature. My understanding is this is affected by the removal of so much stomach during sleeve surgery. I'm not completely sure on how this works, but it makes sense when you consider how often you hear of post WLS surgery patients being cold.[/quote']

Yep, the grehlin. There was a post a few days ago about people no longer sweating excessively after surgery. That popped into my head reading this. Maybe the loss of grehlin is what makes you guys cold?

Yep, the grehlin. There was a post a few days ago about people no longer sweating excessively after surgery. That popped into my head reading this. Maybe the loss of grehlin is what makes you guys cold?

I couldn't, for the life of me, remember where I saw that. Thanks. I think that is exactly what I was reading.

I am with you all i was sleeved in december and i am always cold. My hubby tells me its hot do you want ne to get the AC ready i told him no. Going to NM and saw they are high 80 and 90 it will be nice

I'm a year post op and always always cold... handy here in Dallas so long as I'm outside.

Having a hell of a time finding sweaters to where inside!